“Sandy Olive Garden”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went the day after Christmas and I guess everyone in town wanted to eat out. The wait for four was almost an hour. However, we got seats at the bar in 10 minutes where we could order our full meal and had a great experience. The bartender/waiter was fun and friendly. He had fun socializing with my teenage sons about skiing, soccer and travel. The food was typical for an Olive Garden. Everything was tasty, hot, and served in an appropriate amount of time. The great service made it a pleasant experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Good service but breadsticks seemed old and our order was wrong. Manager did apologize. Fried raviolis just aren't good anymore.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Always good food - ravioli is delicious. Decent prices too - and the salad is always crisp & fresh & never ending & they will grate as much cheese on it as you want - yum! We always ask for the lunch menu, even if it's not lunch time & get the smaller portions at cheaper prices & it's more than enough to eat!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. Our trip on Sunday, April 28, did not disappoint.
We both had the Buy One, Take One special for $12.95 for each of us, where we ate one dish in the restaurant, accompanied by unlimited bread sticks and choice of unlimited soup or Caesar salad, and then took another dish home for later. The take-home entrée does not include unlimited items, but our waitress did bag a few extra bread sticks for us to take home. Also, our waitress was obviously busy with all her tables, but she was attentive and helpful, even so.
My wife had the unlimited Caesar salad with Smoked Mozarella Chicken and Fettucine Alfredo. I forgot which one she brought home, but she added more chicken breast to it when she ate the one at home, just for extra chicken. She also ate only one salad, but two or three bread sticks at the restaurant.
In the restaurant, I had one bread stick and all three soups on their menu for the day - Chicken and Gnocchi, Pasta e Fagioli, and Zuppa Toscana - along with my main entrée, the Mezzaluna Ravioli with Five Cheese Marinara. I took home the Spaghetti with Four Cheese meat sauce and had it the next day with added spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, and cheese, along with some crushed red pepper to fit my taste.
The flavors were good, as usual. I enjoyed the soups, the first and second more than the third, but I was disappointed with the ravioli, which consisted of several flat items of pasta stuffed with a little ricotta cheese, covered with the Marinara sauce.
If they would have offered lasagna on the special, I would probably have ordered that for both my in-restaurant and take-home dish.
My wife and I also splurged and had dessert. My wife asked me who I was and what I had done with her husband. I almost never order dessert.
She had her favorite: tiramisu. I had three of the desserts they call Piccoli Dolci (little desserts). I chose the Strawberry and White Chocolate, Amaretto Tiramisu, and Dark Chocolate Caramel Cream. I liked the first and third, but didn't like the Amaretto Tiramisu. Now that I have tried them, I can resume my personal tradition of not ordering desserts. They were all smaller than I had expected and not worth spending my limited calories on a second time, not to mention the monetary price.
Overall, though, my wife and I still enjoyed the visit and the food, as we don't go there often. She goes probably a few times a year, while this is my third visit there in 7 years.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Olive Garden's have always been very consistent. I had the mixed grill to try to cut some carbs. I was very please with the meal. We went with a large group and had great service. I don't really consider Olive Garden authentic Italian food, but it is very good food.