“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had been to Olive Garden, but not lately. Just went last week for lunch to this location and we surprisingly liked it very much.

They changed the menu for better. We ordered the Parmesan potato crusted chicken and Penne di mare (seafood) from the 3 course Italian dinner menu that was just $13. It was pretty good.

Just a note that when you order the Ceasar salad, it is not part of the course and you will be charged extra for it.

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Olive Garden's all-you-can-eat salad and soup is the best tasting and the best deal there if you like soup and salad. Bread sticks are wonderful when they are hot and chewy. Give back to the waiter/waitress if they are over baked, burnt, hard or cold--must have fresh, hot, buttered and soft to chew inside bread sticks. There are wonderful!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is another favorite lunch spot in Sandy. I frequent this location for business often and enjoy stopping in for the soup and salad lunch. The staff is friendly and the service is quick so that you can be on your way.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really like going to Olive Garden for their soup, salad, and breadsticks. My servers were pretty good with getting my children their drinks and food in a timely manner. It took a long time for my soup to come so I was a little disappointed there. The biggest thing I noticed was when I walked through the door. At first I just thought that someone had strong body odor because when I was seated, the smell went away. Later I took my child to the restroom and noticed the smell again right as I entered the tile hallway and entryway. I finally figured out what I was smelling. It smelled like the floors were mopped with a dirty mop. I am just glad that it didn't smell that way where I was actually consuming my food.

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I usually don't go to the Olive Garden. I've never been a big fan of the place. My wife really wanted to go, so I caved and went. I was quickly reminded of why I do not like the place.

The waitress we had was incredibly rude for her extreme lack of personality. She seemed like she didn't care to be there and like it was a real chore to take our very simple soup and salad order.

For such a simple order, it took us 40 minutes to get our food. We watched a few groups of people come in, eat and leave before we got our food. We tried to get somebody's attention but nobody would give us the time of day.

When I finally got my soup, it was cold. I would have sent it back, but I didn't have another 40 minutes to wait.

After receiving and finishing out food, it took another 25 minutes to be able to pay and leave.

I will never go back to Olive Garden. While this is just the last location I had a bad experience, I've had similar experiences at their other restaurants too.

Thanks for the cold food and horrible experience Olive Garden. It's not one I will soon forget.