“First Trip to Joe's!”

Good for: Families with children
Jackpot, Nevada
“First Trip to Joe's!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I know it's crazy that this is our first trip to a Joe's Crab Shack, but it was. We all had variations on the steamer pots, which were very good. There were little service gaps that we noticed, but not anything that caused us any headaches. Overall, it lived up to the little boy's review outside as we were walking in... "Joe's is awesome!"

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Andrew_Hamblen

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Not bad, expected better”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had lunch at Joe's this week and ordered the fish and chips. The fish had way too much batter on it and was served with a tiny amount of tartar sauce. It tasted okay and the fries were good. Even though the food was average, the service was very good.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jeff Z
NV
“Good food + good service = good time. Too bad that wasn't our experience.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our first server was personable and attentive. We had a good time interacting with him. Unfortunately, his shift ended during our dinner.
I think the server who took over our table was blind and deaf. She didn't see our empty drink glasses. She didn't see us waving to her after neglecting us for the better part of half an hour. She didn't hear us ask for refills or extra napkins. She was HORRIBLE.
The food was good but was lost in the irritation of being completely neglected and ignored by our replacement server.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TheDivineMissM_89801
Honolulu
“Who says Joe's doesn't deliver...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently visited Joe's Crab Shack in Sandy, Utah for the first time. In fact, I have never been to any of the Joe's Restaurants. I have heard from other people that I work with that Joe's is not worth the money. Well, I beg to differ. At least based on my recent trip to the their Sandy, Utah restaurant, I was totally satisfied with what I found. If you have never been to a Joe's, don't expect a fine dining experience. The servers are running around in shorts and t-shirts and the meals are often served in tin buckets. But that's the whole idea... it's a fun place to eat at. I ordered "Joe's Classic Steampot" which consisted of a bunch of super delicious Dungeness Crab, Snow Crab, sausage, and corn... all served in a metal bucket. I could not have been happier with what I received. Everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and of course, very very tasty. My two son's and their mom's meals were equally satisfying. OK, maybe the price we paid was a bit high... but not too bad for the quality of food that was served. All in all, a pleasant surprise and well worth a try if you are into this type of seafood cuisine.

• Visited June 2012
Orem, Utah
“Joe's Crab Shack Fabulous”
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Going to a movie and our group chose to eat here. Friendly staff. Great selection on the menu. Food was fabulous. I grew up near the ocean and can say I felt like I was there. Fish tasty. Coconut shrimp awesome. Even the crab legs were tasty. Fast service.