“Salad, Soup, Baked Potatoes, Breads, and Desserts” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 214 Restaurants in Sandy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Central Utah
“Salad, Soup, Baked Potatoes, Breads, and Desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I went on a date for a late lunch at Sweet Tomatoes today.
The lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, and other vegetable offerings were fresh. The blue cheese dressing had a good flavor. As happens in most buffets where they feature such salad toppings, the crumbled blue cheese and boiled eggs stuck to the serving tongs, but I still managed to put plenty on my salad with a few dips into each of those bins.
We also enjoyed some of the flavored types of bread, mostly the sourdough. But, I didn't have any of their pasta. My wife had some of the tomato basil flat noodles and didn't think much of it until she added a little salt. She almost never puts salt on anything.
Sweet Tomatoes also has muffins, sourdough bread, and one or two other types with whipped plain butter, honey butter, and strawberry butter, along with baked potatoes and soups.
For dessert, I had a small bowl of vanilla ice cream with caramel topping. They don't have nuts, or I would have topped my sundae with some of those.
As their name implies, if you must have major cuts of meat, this is not the place. If you like salads, soups (even with some meat), pastas, and other such foods, try it. If you like Sweet Tomatoes as much as my wife and I do, you'll go there more than once.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brightpool

Washington, Utah
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We love to go to Sweet Tomatoes when we are in a hurry and want good food. They have the best salad bar around. The soups and breads are all homemade and delicious. Very healthy food. The Chicken Noodle Soup is out of this world with large pieces of white chicken meat and home made noodles. Their Sour Dough Bread is also wonderful. There is also a potato bar, pasta bar and desert bar. You can make a really good desert by using a chocolate muffin, putting the frozen yogurt on top and then topping it with what ever you desire. YUM.

• Visited May 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fresh veggies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Whenever we want to fill our stomach with fresh healthy foods, we go there. They sure have large selection of veggies, tasty soups and good breads.
Desert is lucking something but hey, we are there for healthy foods right? We go there regularly and we never get tired of it. Recommended !!

Visited March 2013
Lindon, Utah
“Great salad bar with extras!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants. Very healthy salad offerings plus wonderful homemade breads and muffins, baked potato bar, amazing soup choices, pastas and frozen yogurt machine. This location is usually busy. Try to hit the off-hours like mid-afternoon or later evening. Later can be a little risky as they sometimes run out of some items. Incredible value for the price. Reduced prices for young children, so bring the whole family.

• Visited February 2013
Draper, Utah
“Salads galore--show me some meat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Friends brought me here for a birthday celebration of a co-worker. The ladies all seemed to like it, but for me--show me some meat! But seriously, what I had was just okay--not great but not horrible either. Would not go here on my own, but had an okay time with the ladies that were there.

1 Thank RooneAlredge