“Location is amazing”
Review of La Caille

La Caille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Caille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 227 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3500 E. 9500 S.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had been wanting to try La Caille for years when I use to live in the area, but at the time was a student and couldn't afford it. I did finally try it with my wife and thought it was worth the wait. there are so many choices in the city, that we almost opted to eat downtown. I am glad we committed to making the trip to La Caille. The food was very good. The atmosphere was unbeatable. Very romantic. Retaurant, grounds, staff, all great. We will return.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

La Caille in Sandy is a wonderful fantasy garden full of different species of animals and plant life. It is extremely lush and we drove right past the restaurant because the entrance is so grand we thought it was a private road from someone on Rich and Famous. :) I won't spoil the surprises found here but go early so you can take time to enjoy all the restaurant has to offer. On the down side it is expensive and you have to valet or run over the attendant waiting at the road for you. This I would assume is to keep non paying visitors out? I am an amateur photographer so I really enjoyed the scenery which is set up for wedding photos but....
There is not a big choice on the menu and I settled for chicken which was extremely tasty and French cooked. The waitresses attended to our every need and everyone that worked there was pleasant and willing to assist you. However the bill was 140.00 for 2 people plus a tip and valet tip which to me no matter how beautiful the grounds, how great the service and how cute the wild life I would like maybe some yummy crab legs and extra large shrimp for this kind of money not chicken. So although it was lovely and we had a great time we venture on to see new places. I give La Caille thumbs up for the uniqueness and would advise anyone to dine there at least once.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is worth the short drive from Salt Lake City just to see the spectacular grounds. It's a fantasy / fairy type setting with black and white swans, ducks, ponds, etc and flowers galore.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food and service were of excellent quaity, the waiters, waitress and host were all attentive. The atmosphere and the surroundings were romantic and lovely. We wandered around the grounds, took pictures, spent time at the winery on another day with friends who also enjoyed the restaurant as much as we did. I love the fireplace and the special attention given to the grounds upon arrival it sets the right mood for a gourmet dinner. The peacocks,swans and small animals just added to the ambiance.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The location of Caille is just fantastic. You drive in through a narrow gate and a long driveway to the restaurant which is in a kind of pseudo French chateau. The grounds are spectacular, very nicely kept and arranged, with peacocks and black swans ambling about, with a mountain backdrop. Often used for weddings. The restaurant is under new management, and the food was just great, service was excellent. In our party there were three adults and two children. The children's menu was about $12, with filet mignon and creme brulee. My daughter and I shared a lentil salad ($12). She had salmon ($38), I had rib-eye steak ($48), my wife had canard. My rib-eye steak was 8 ounces, thick, could hardly finish it (not used to this much food), and it was excellent. (never had one before, usually had filet mignon elsewhere.) They served thin french fries (aiguillettes) with it, very tasty, would have preferred more vegetables (they had one brussel sprout on a plate.). Dessert was Chantilly cake ($14) with whipped cream and icecream. The cake was very good, shared by all. My daughter and I had a glass of St. Emilion each ($12). Good.

Small criticisms: would have preferred vegetables instead of french fries as standard, instead of this enormous steak I would have preferred half the size, costing less. (They had a filet mignon only with lobster for $60, or chateaubriand by the ounce, minimum about $50). All in all, the quantity of food for each dish was large, maybe too large. Of course the prices are on the very high side.

The restaurant tries to please you by offering complimentary little additions, as sherbet for palate cleanser, complimentary truffle for the ladies, etc.

The restaurant is in many ways extraordinary, but of course the prices are correspondingly high (for Utah)