“Better on a warm day”
Review of La Caille

La Caille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Caille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 227 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3500 E. 9500 S.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We found this restaurant on this site and decided to give it a try since it looked like it was something different in terms of the overall experience. We were right...the experience and ambiance are unlike any regular restaurant. We recently dined at the Log Haven for similar reasons and recommend both of these restaurants for a new and interesting experience.

We ordered the short ribs and the scallops. Overall we would rate the food quality higher at La Caille if comparing to Log Haven, and the "wow" factor when arriving, especially with all Christmas lights and decorations out would be a bit higher at La Caille. Not sure how it would be without Christmas decorations...it looks like it would not be as impressive and we were told the decorations would be removed the day after our visit.

Log Haven is a very warm, cozy and intimate restaurant. La Caille definitely isn't investing in heating. Most customers had to dine with their coats or sweaters on. Even the hostess commented that she would put us "in a warm place by the fireplace", which implies that the staff is clearly aware of the problem. On one hand it is understandable....this facility is a very large castle like structure. It should be very expensive to heat. On the other hand, it is not pleasant to dine on a chilly place.

1  Thank ValVil

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We go to Salt Lake for skiing most years. La Caille was disappointing in recent years but the atmosphere is too awesome to miss so we went again this year. The food, in my opinion has improved from our recent past experience. Other reviews mention new owners and I hope this is a good omen. We'll be back next year if there is enough snow.

1  Thank Stev0077
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife had a healthy gift card for La Caille. We wennt for a special occasion. The food was OK, but the servers were not polite and the portions were small. We HONESTLY stopped at a Burger King afterward, as we were still hungry.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was here for a business dinner. I was very impressed with the gardens and the 'critters' that call La Caille home. I wish the weather had been conducive to dining outdoors, but it was damp and chilly.

The service was quite good, the drinks were expertly prepared. The food was excellent. I had lobster bisque and a beef dish which was so tender, I did not need a knife.

I had the beignets for dessert -- having just had the real deal in NOLA, I can sadly say they were a disappointment in comparison. But everything else about the meal and atmosphere was top notch, and I'd highly recommend either for a large group, or a romantic dinner.

Be sure to wander about the place and check out the artwork throughout the stairwell, and especially see the third floor and walk about the balcony.

1  Thank PittsburghPam
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The setting, service, and food were very good. A former roommate and his family provided a gift certificate. Otherwise, the prices would have put it out of our reach.