“Try new items”

Dining options: Lunch
Draper, Utah
“Try new items”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've been coming to Royal India for about 4 years. It is clearly a family run business as I don't think a single person has been added or taken away from the staff. In my opinion it is the best Indian food in Utah. What prompted me to write a review is that I tried something new. We usually get their Chicken Tikka Masala, Butter Chicken, and Chicken coconut Kurma. They are so good that we always ordered those items. I didn't feel like chicken, so I ordered the Shrimp Coconut Kurma and a cheese curry (don't remember the name). They were so good!!! I've eaten at a fair amount of nice seafood restaurants and they cooked the shrimp perfectly. I hope it is as good the next time I go. Service is a little slow, but it kind of makes it nice so you can take your time. I highly recommend Royal India. I wish they were open for lunch on Saturdays...

• Visited May 2014

La Paz BCS
“DINING GEM IN A STRIP MALL!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just an incredible time and incredible meal in an out-of-the-way strip mall in Sandy! When we first went in, we were a bit put off by the waiters and their abruptness as we travel over 300 nights a year and pretty much eat out every night of the year. But, turns out, it was all a put-on! Everyone from the the waiters to bus-boys to the managers came out to chat with us and had us laughing through most of the meal! We wanted them all to sit down and eat with us!

As for the meal itself, we can't wait to go back! Great selection and all of us ordered something different to share. Lamb...pakoras...curry...naan bread...dipping sauces...I can't remember it all, but surely one of the best meals we have ever had in the area after visiting every year for over a dozen years! Highly recommended and sure to go back as soon as we can!

• Visited March 2014
“Excellent Indian Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As noted by other reviewers, the outside of the restaurant is far from elegant. However, the food is excellent. We eat here regularly, and our favorites are the coconut kurma and tikka masala dishes. We typically get takeout, so I can't really speak to the service. But, it is probably the best food in Sandy.

• Visited December 2013
“Good Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant three times. The food is excellent and the service is okay. Don't let the location of this small restaurant fool you, it is a must try!

Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited Sandy March 2011 and had a great meal. So six of us returned two years later and it is still wonderful!