“Really good foods.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Really good foods.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We saw new mexican restaurant was open there so we tried.
Wow, they were good. I tried seafoods burrito and my goodness, they used good portion of seafoods and tasted great. My husband ordered his steak burrito and he loved it too. Friendly waitress and good portion of quality foods. We will be back :)

Visited January 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING MEXICAN RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was so happy to stumble upon this little GEM! Until I found El Agave, I thought the only decent place for Mexican Food in Salt Lake City was Red Iguana but this place is just as good if not better and it is located much closer to our house. The service has always been amazing (we've become quite the regulars), the food is EXCELLENT. I took 65 people in for my birthday last year and every single person who had dinner said they really enjoyed it and most of them have gone back on their own.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chiddy_UT
“Great Mexican food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went there last weekend with my family and had a great experience . The chips and cabbage salsa are great
I had the mole poblano better than red iguana. My wife had the Chile Verde it was also tasty .

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nowayjose1
“Average Mexican fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is good, but not great. Another okay choice for Mexican in the area. The service was very good, but the food was nothing notable - not bad, just not WOW! or anything. I would call it average compared to the other 5-10 Mexican restaurants in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Laura C
Sandy, Utah
“...first time....experience was okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

There are a lot of mom and pops Mexican restaurants in town...not any one is outstanding from our perspective so we thought we'd give Agave a try. We went on Saturday evening expecting a crowd, but we were seated immediately. The host and wait staff are pleasant and eager to please. As other reviewers have stayed the decor is new and the menu has "routine" Mexican fare. Fresh chips and two salsas (tomato and cabbage) were brought while we were perusing the menu. I selected the chipotle enchiladas with rice and beans...my husband ordered carne aside and a chile relleno also with r&bs.

The red salsa is very much tomato based...too thick for my taste...almost as though it was
straight from the can with some onions and heat added. The cabbage offering appeared to be filling for fish tacos...dry and not impressive.
Rice and beans were typical. The filling of the chipotle enchiladas was fine; chunks of chicken
breast and spices. The sauce was again of the same thick tomato consistency that the salsa was made from...not appealing to me.
My husband enjoyed the carne asada which was thinly sliced and well marinated...(they forgot to bring the warmed tortillas with his meal) relleno was fair, battered but not deep fried and the Anaheim chile had heat.
Service was timely and pleasant....but we felt no compelling reason to return.

• Visited January 2013