“Sit-Down Americanized Mexican” 3 of 5 stars

Los Cucos Mexican Cafe
Ranked #10 of 214 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Description: The history of Los Cucos Mexican Café is an inspiring story of perseverance and success. It’s a story of two brothers, Manuel and Sergio Cabrera who came to Houston, Texas looking for the “American Dream.” Their dream became true through lot of hard work, dedication, and determination. By setting goals for success and providing the best quality in food and the best possible service to each and every customer since 1991, they have succeeded in turning their dreams into reality.The way of success of the Cabrera brothers’ was constructed by their constant work and determination. Along the way, both brothers worked long shifts seven days of the week. They scrubbed floors, washed dishes, and prepared food. The dream in their hearts motivated them to continue forward and to save enough money to be able to open a small restaurant.The opening of the first restaurant was a bittersweet dream become true. After having their grand opening on a Monday, the restaurant was destroyed by the fire the following Thursday, leaving nothing but ashes, smoke and frustration. And there was another unexpected surprise; they didn’t have insurance. All their savings were gone, but not their dreams and their will to succeed. They wouldn’t let any obstacle, hardship, or setback stop them from achieving their goals. Working even harder, they were able to reopen the restaurant one year later.This is the beginning of a business that has consistently grown stronger and continues to grow and thrive today. With more than 14 locations and many more planned to open, Los Cucos Mexican Café is committed to offering you the best food and the best possible service. Our warm and hospitable staff will make you feel at home.Thank you for making Los Cucos Mexican Café your restaurant.
San Diego, CA
“Sit-Down Americanized Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pretty tasty food at Los Cucos. But don't go if you are looking for authentic Mexican fare. It is better suited to the very Americanized palate. A much better choice would be Red Iguana. But if you don't want to head downtown, and you want a step up from Taco Bell, this is the place.

• 2 of 5 stars

Provo, Utah, United States
“Delicious Tex-Mex food with great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I don't understand why there are some negative reviews unless they experienced some fluke in the food or service. We ate for the first time at Los Cucos today and it was terrific! Our server Flo was attentive and pleasant. She had water, chips and salsa and our food to us in record time. (She deserves a raise or at least a bonus!) There were four of us and we ordered off the lunch menu. Every one of us had an enchilada verde plus a second choice. My enchilada had chicken fajita meat - it was packed with chunky, tender, tasty meat. Several of us had the beef tamale - it was also flavorful. Another had a chile relleno. He enjoyed it very much. Three of us have lived in Texas and three of us have visited countries in central and south America. We all found the food to be as good as authentic Mexican food but with that really great Tex-Mex twist. We memorized where this place is and we WILL be back!!

1 Thank Kaye N
JHoggan301, Guest Relations Manager at Los Cucos Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hi Kaye - thank you for your comments! We also don't understand a few of the negative comments we've received. But we appreciate ALL types of feedback. Thank you for taking some time to write a review for us. We hope to see you again soon!
Salt Lake City
“Excellent Staff & Yummy Salsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went here on a Girls Night Out during the week. I was impressed with the friendly and efficient staff. What really won me over were the two different types of salsa offered with the complimentary chips; a warm roasted tomato and a cold creamy tomatillo. I ordered the beef stuffed fried avocado, which came with a small tortilla soup (yummy), refried beans, and two chicken stuffed tortillas. Good TexMex food if you are in the area. I would eat here again!

1 Thank Stroller_Snob
Hi Stroller_Snob, thank you so much for your feedback.

If you make it out again with your family, I believe we have plenty of room for your stroller. ;-)
Red Wing, Minnesota
“Outstanding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I am a vegetarian, so I am picky about what I eat. I had spinach enchiladas. Muy bien!

Dennis was my server and he suggested the premium margarita was worth the extra expense. It is made with top shelf liquor and fresh squeezed juices. Amazing. I am permanently spoiled.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback, John!

Attention vegetarians: We have plenty of options! Just ask your server about items not necessarily on the menu. If your server doesn't know your dietary restrictions, they can't help!

So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Woodbridge, VA
“Delicious food and great margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The stuffed avocado was so tasty. It was my first time eating one so I didn't have any basis for comparison. Because of my experience at this Los Cucos Mexican Café, I will definitely try it again. And they really knew how to make a delicious margarita as well. If I'm ever back in that area, I will definitely stop by there again, but will make sure it is not close to closing time. I got the feeling they were anxious to be on their way home.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback, GNN. We really do appreciate it.