“Great lil Mexican joint - great quantity and quality of food for the price.”

Los Cucos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 227 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The history of Los Cucos Mexican Café is an inspiring story of perseverance and success. It’s a story of two brothers, Manuel and Sergio Cabrera who came to Houston, Texas looking for the “American Dream.” Their dream became true through lot of hard work, dedication, and determination. By setting goals for success and providing the best quality in food and the best possible service to each and every customer since 1991, they have succeeded in turning their dreams into reality.The way of success of the Cabrera brothers’ was constructed by their constant work and determination. Along the way, both brothers worked long shifts seven days of the week. They scrubbed floors, washed dishes, and prepared food. The dream in their hearts motivated them to continue forward and to save enough money to be able to open a small restaurant.The opening of the first restaurant was a bittersweet dream become true. After having their grand opening on a Monday, the restaurant was destroyed by the fire the following Thursday, leaving nothing but ashes, smoke and frustration. And there was another unexpected surprise; they didn’t have insurance. All their savings were gone, but not their dreams and their will to succeed. They wouldn’t let any obstacle, hardship, or setback stop them from achieving their goals. Working even harder, they were able to reopen the restaurant one year later.This is the beginning of a business that has consistently grown stronger and continues to grow and thrive today. With more than 14 locations and many more planned to open, Los Cucos Mexican Café is committed to offering you the best food and the best possible service. Our warm and hospitable staff will make you feel at home.Thank you for making Los Cucos Mexican Café your restaurant.
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This place was upbeat, & a fun atmosphere for couples, groups, & families. It is a bit loud in there when it's busy on a weekend night, but most Mexican restaurants have the tendency to be loud (not in a bad way), energetic, & upbeat!
The guacamole was delicious as were the chicken burritos. :-) I give this restaurant an overall rating of 4 because I try to be as objective as possible when writing reviews. I have had Mexican food in Massachusetts that would have gotten a five rating, but there was no such thing as a TripAdvisor app when I went there! I'd have to think for a minute as to what the place was called! Lol
In the event I remember, I'll write a review of it! :-)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was my second time at Los Cucos, my husband's first. General observations...seated right next to the kitchen, restaurant was way too noisy. LOTS of employees, but service was slow and very unattentive. Food was so-so...definitely nothing to get excited about. My husband wanted to try it. I would have passe after my previous visit. Definitely will not plan on going back...way too many other good restaurants in the area to choose from.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am not usually the type to write lots of reviews about food, but wow..this place is great! My husband cares almost zero about sharing his opinion on food, but he loved this place too. The two kinds of salsa are just awesome! I got the serjito enchiladas with flour tortillas. The chicken that came with it had the best flavor of any chicken I have had. My hubby got the burrito with chicken and beef. It's actually divided inside the burrito and has 2 different sauces on top. It was cool! The rice is unlike anything I have tasted. The only thing that was ordinary were the beans. This was truly a tastebud delight from beginning to end! It is a must try in Sandy! We missed the Mayan even though the food wasn't good, but this just blew that out of the water.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had heard a lot very good reviews about Los Cucos and decided to give the place a try. We went early on a Saturday night, and the restaurant was already very busy. One of the first things I noticed was the number of families seated throughout the restaurant. This is definitely a place where you can bring the whole family (even the little ones) and have a comfortable meal. Everything from the chips and salsas to the entrees were really good. My test for Mexican food is to always order the chicken enchiladas, and I was not disappointed. You get a lot of food for a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had heard from friends that this place was very good so my husband and I decided to give it a try. First we went on a Saturday for lunch they were over staffed and employees were just standing around with all the extra help and plenty of available tables we still had to wait a little bit to be seated.. They were clueless!! Atmosphere is loud we couldn't hear each other talk, and we thought the food was very bland!! Won't be back!!!