“Love the food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Never disappointed when we come to Tin Roof Grill. The service is outstanding and the food is always excellent. Love to see what the daily specials will be. I usually take home part of my dinner or lunch because the portions are large. Soups are great as well as the pasta dishes and sandwiches. Oh, and the appetizers--order a few and make them a meal to share. The corkage fee for a bottle of brought in wine is very reasonable. We miss this place since we have moved away, but will always find an evening to come back when we are in the area. Save room for the cheesecake.

2  Thank GailandSteve R

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant surprise. Excellent tapas...my only complaint was that the tapas plates were huge...we got too much food. But since it was all excellent, we didn't care.
Loved everthing about it.

2  Thank TravelerFr0mGA
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Finally--a restaurant in Sandy that serves made from scratch small plates, sandwiches, entrees and desserts that taste as good as they look. We devoured the pot stickers as soon as they arrived at the table. The risotto of the day (shrimp the time we were there) was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The sandwiches were large and tasty. And the desserts--divine decadence! Don't be put off by the restaurant's outside appearance. It's a great place to eat. There's ample parking in the lot next to it. Be aware that the early-bird dinners draw a large crowd, but it thins out after 7 PM.

2  Thank happytrails91
Reviewed March 10, 2013

At first look, the Tin Roof Grill appears to be a generic, local diner. This is far from the truth, however. The menu is inventive and the food is of excellent quality. We stopped in for the weekend brunch and were immediately impressed. I had breakfast spaghetti, served with slivers of restaurant-cured bacon and ham, onions, sweet peppers and sun-dried tomatoes. Delicious! My friend sampled French toast topped with vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit. The presentation was worthy of a photograph. The coffee was very good as well, although the restaurant does not serve decaf, a deficiency that they are urged to correct. We returned a few days later for dinner. We all had pasta dishes which were solidly good, if less exciting than the brunch offerings. Tin Roof also serves tapas - we ordered the special that evening, which was grilled asparagus. It was perhaps the best I have ever tasted.

The place has a laid-back vibe with friendly and attentive staff.

2  Thank KM2L
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to get away from the drab chain restaurants and give the Tin Roof Grill a shot. The reviews I saw online were fantastic, and spot on. The staff is friendly, and though they have a small draught beer selection, they have some good choices which makes up for it. The food selection covers everything from dishes like fettuccine alfredo to white bean and steak pizza. We had the baked goat cheese appetizer which was fantastic (I highly suggest trying it). We will definitely be returning!

1  Thank medicfourlife