“Romantic retreat reminiscent of the Renaissance...a knight to remember!”
Review of Castle Creek Inn

and 1 more site!
Castle Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sandy B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Romantic retreat reminiscent of the Renaissance...a knight to remember!”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The castle was beautifully decorated and provided a wonderful retreat for us to relax and enjoy Salt Lake City. The rooms were immaculate! Our favorite was the "King's Lodge" followed by "Excalibur". The whirlpool baths with separate showers were amenities we loved, with tons of mood lighting. The location was central and easy to find, close to I215 that loops to I15 and the ski resorts. The breakfasts were incredible. Every morning was something amazing. Served hot and with a smile...very accommodating. We were treated like royalty! We would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Heber City, Utah
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Really nice room. A bit smaller than I thought, but nice. The AC unit wasn't very high power, but it wasn't too bad after it got going for a while.

Breakfast was a treat. I didn't know it was included and it was REALLY good. Plenty of movies and popcorn etc. available complimentary. There was even a stocked fridge of drinks etc.

Really couldn't have been happier for our anniversary. Add to that the fact that we did a mid-week rate and anniversary special and it was an amazing deal.

Didn't sleep too well until the AC caught up, but we checked it at 9PM, so that's kinda our fault.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I spent our 9th wedding anniversary at Castle Creek Inn. We were pleased with the staff, rooms, food, decorations, and were thrilled by the views all around the Inn inside and outside. The gardens, pathways, and waterfalls were so beautiful and everything was so romantic and serene. It was hard to imagine that we were in the middle of a city with the peace and calmness we felt at the Inn. I also loved that the Inn offered some popcorn and other treats during the evening hours and that they had a few cupboards full of movies to watch in our room. The Inn is close to everything. You can easily get to a movie theatre or nearby restaurant within minutes. It's also a few minutes to the freeway and wouldn't take long to get up to a ski resort. We had such a fantastic time and will definitely be visiting again. I'm still dreaming of their scrambled eggs...YUM!!

Orem, Utah
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Castle Creek. The atmosphere was calm and welcoming, the room was nicely decorated (though we only had a fan in our room and we got a bit warm) and the breakfast was delicious. We will definitely stay here again!

Vernal, Utah
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We learned about Castle Creek Inn on another bed & breakfast site and was very curious about it. We had stayed at the other one once before but will not be going back. Yours, on the other hand, is a place that I have already recommended to at least a half dozen friends. We went there for our 26th wedding anniversary and look forward to coming back soon to try other rooms. We stayed in the Ivenhoe and were really pleased.
The first 2 times I wasked into the breakfast area and saw the suit of armor out of the corner of my eye made me want to tell it "Good Morning" but then realized that it probable wouldn't have answered. The staff was extremely helpful and happy. They made a big difference.

Utah
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I went there for our anniversary. The building looks like a castle and many of the rooms are in the rounded towers. They upgraded us to a better room and did not even charge us. They had delicious homemade cookies, microwave popcorn, and soda that were free. Our room was terrific and had its own terrace. We sat out there and played games. There are beautiful waterfalls and gardens in the back and benches where you can sit and relax. Our room also had a mini fridge in it so we were able to bring our own sparkling cider. It was a wonderful anniversary. We relaxed in the huge bath tub and enjoyed being just the two of us. The next morning we were served a full breakfast that was amazing. The whole experience was wonderful and it was far cheaper than other Inns that we have been to in the area.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My wife and I visited the Castle Creek Inn at the suggestion of some family members and had a wonderful time. The rooms are very romantic; we paid an extra few dollars to have some rose petals decorating the room alongside flame-less candles (which were still very nice) and a bottle of sparkling cider. Even without the extra detail, our room, the Rapunzel's tower, was very elegant. They have mood lights inside their hot tub and dimmer switches throughout the room.

From what I've seen, I would avoid the room with the pool table as it is not only more expensive, but is right next to the front door, which is a little less attractive to me. However, that leaves all of the other more reasonably priced rooms as good choices.

The service was accommodating and polite. They give you a key to leave the hotel late at night if you wish, and still be able to reenter through the back door without having to rouse any of the staff. Check-in and check-out is very smooth and fast.

Breakfast was decent, but not as spectacular as I had been told. All the same, it was plenty of food. Complimentary snacks are available all night in a common room -- a nice touch.

All in all, this is an excellent deal for your special occasions. We will be sure to return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#21 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City South-Midvale
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Midvale/Sandy
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray

Been to Castle Creek Inn? Share your experiences!