“Plain and simple, Castle Creek Inn is the BEST!!!!”
Review of Castle Creek Inn

and 1 more site!
Castle Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sandy B&B and Inns
Utah
“Plain and simple, Castle Creek Inn is the BEST!!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I loved the Castle and the grounds! The waterfalls where a very nice touch. I also liked the tapestries, they made it fell very authentic. The staff was professional, and very nice. They made our anniversary a true joy!
I loved the romantic package, the chocolates and rose petals where wonderful.

Vyckie and Dave Johnson

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
salt lake city, utah
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Castle Creek was recommended by a friend and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The themed rooms are unique and quaint. The ambiance of the building is very calm and relaxing. My husband really enjoyed the food, from the homemade treats to the french toast breakfast. Behind the Inn is a garden area with fountains, waterfalls, and pools with nice little spots to take a seat and enjoy the cool air. There are also a lot of good restaurants in the immediate area, as well as shopping. One thing that is pretty unique about this place is the jetted tubs that are large enough for two people; most of the bed and breakfasts I know about in the area only have small tubs.

I'd recommend a stay at the Castle to everyone, just as I have to my own friends and family.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Chumly005
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The hotel was a theme hotel. It was very nice and great. Great breakfast. The staff were nice and very helpful. The rooms were comfortable and private. We were able to have a nice dinner and then come back to the restaurant to relax and have a quiet night. I did not hear any of the other guests at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We absolutely love our stays at this little Inn. Every time we go to Utah, we stay here. It is quiet, relaxing, and beautiful! Our room was comfortable and cozy, and the service was remarkable - so helpful. It's in a great location. We can get to Park City or Salt Lake easily. The grounds are so beautiful; trees and waterfalls. I love it! The breakfast is always yummy - the best french toast I've ever had (I need the recipe!). We will be back for sure when we need time in away from the city and time in the mountains.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My parents got us a reservation here for our wedding night and it was great! We stayed in the Romeo & Juliet Suite and had a great time together. Bedding, bath, everything was great! They even have a place where you can grab drinks and a few snacks if you like.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I've been meaning to write this review for a long time and just never got around to it. Castle Creek Inn is unique in Salt Lake City, and I'm a local, so I should know. There are some other "themed" B&B's that try to have a romantic or artsy flair, but Castle Creek is the one that does it best. The thing that makes it so nice is the elegance of design in each of the rooms and the unified look of the place overall. Instead of being over-the-top silly or schmaltzy, it's very tasteful and lovely. They've gone out of their way to find beautiful fabrics and artwork and design ideas that serve the "castle" and "medieval" theme with beautiful statements, yet restraint. They mix and match textures and colors but they don't overdo it.

There are 3 floors to the Inn (and if you dislike stairs, ask for the main floor, although the two up-down staircases are only one flight each). Each room is beautiful, there is not one room that isn't nice. The rooms tend to be a tad smaller in person than you might think from the pictures, but that's just because they've designed them so well that all the elements fit snugly together and make for a cozy, intimate space.

Unique things about the Inn are that it's right in a metropolitan area that's close to lots of activities such as movies, shops, grocery, yet it's just tucked around a side road with trees surrounding enough to give it a sense of seclusion. You can be "out" or you can be "in" and either way you get the atmosphere you want. The front door of the Inn is amazing with its supersized medeival look and hinges... couldn't be built nowadays. I've stayed in three different rooms, and I liked each one.

The staff are friendly and accommodating. The food was great, there's coffee, sodas, cookies on hand even when there isn't breakfast, and a cupboard full of movies. Perhaps my only weak non-enthusiastic comment is not being able to figure out the remote control for the TV/DVD (maybe they'll make a laminated instruction sheet for that sometime)--but hey, that's surely due to my own ineptness, lol.

Castle Creek Inn is just a sweet spot to go to if you'd like a romantic retreat... or if you're just an artistic soul who likes an elegant setting as something different. I can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed May 19, 2009

...beyond the room being cute but definitely showing its age, this themed hotel is in need of a serious overhaul (where's BBC's Hotel Inspector when you need her?). The amenities were almost laughable (ancient movie rentals, poor TV reception, lousy refreshments, horrible coffee) and the breakfast was just awful to say the least; nothing but fat and carbs from cheesy-type mush that I think was potatoes to bland tasting waffles. If you're expecting the all American breakfast, forget it. Service was non existent. Luckily for us our one-night stay was a gift but it's definitely not worth the money! I get the impression the owners are cheap or no longer committed and are just offering the minimum to continue to operate.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#23 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Midvale/Sandy
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy

Been to Castle Creek Inn? Share your experiences!