“If only I could stay forever!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandy
The 1887 Hansen House
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the most delightful place my husband and I have ever stayed. Fran (the innkeeper) is so charming. I've never felt so welcome anywhere before. She made an amazing breakfast offering seconds and making sure we were full. The decor was wonderful and the suites are impeccable. It has a nice charm to it. Fran told us the history of the house and how it was passed down through her family. She was a delight. Such a good place to be. Has a wonderful feeling to it. We stayed in the blue lagoon suite and the round bed was pretty fantastic. I've literally told all of my friends about this place. It's Sandy's hidden gem.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tayler C

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I spent three days at this lovely bed and breakfast. We stayed in the victorian room and how special that was. We enjoyed the "just right" bed, very cozy warm and fluffy yet firm mattress. The fireplace was often lit and the room was never cold, neither was the water for that matter. It was always perfect temperature for a relaxing bath or shower. The room was perfect for our taste and very clean. Beyond just the ambiance of the room our hostess was fantastic. She became like a mother and opened this place up for us, telling us to make ourselves at home and we were always welcome to the kitchen plates and utensils when we had our own personal meals. For the breakfast!! Oh my was it wonderful. Five stars for the delicious and filling meals, each vary unique and elegant in display. We loved our time and learning about the history of the house! I could go on for hours.
Thank you for a fantastic and magical stay! Can not wait to return.
-The Corbetts

Room Tip: Each room is so unique and elegant, we loved the victorian. A lot of space and privacy.
1  Thank TheCorbetts2013
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I spent two nights at the 1887 Hansen House while traveling on business and I've found the place I'll be returning to for many more, I hope. The home is lavishly, tastefully decorated with period pieces and the breakfasts are delicious. I'm coming back for more.

Room Tip: The Victorian Room is my favorite
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnStLouisMO
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If you are looking for a B&B, this is solid. However, if you are looking for a HOME, a place to rest and feel as though you are without a care - then you immediately need to contact 801-562-2198.

I have been all over the country, had the chance to stay in several places over the years, and have never felt as warm, invited, or comforted as I have here.

I made a last minute decision to book a getaway for "The Mrs." - I am prone to poor planning, last minute executive decision, blah blah - but innkeeper Fran Hansen rescued me immediately with a gracious reply to my frantic email that the "Wine & Gold" room was not only ready, but waiting our arrival. She suggested I follow up with a quick phone call to reserve the room, and patiently took my information as I was so frazzled, pretty sure that I short of luck having this getaway secured.

December 30th came - and when I arrived with my wife, Fran warmly greeted us....not before I noticed how beautiful this building was from the outside, but within: a very inviting, spacious, remarkable testament to what a Bed and Breakfast should be.

The room itself was beyond amazing - it wasn't a cold, spacious beyond need environment...it was very closed, calm quarters, with an electronic fireplace underneath a firm, wood mantle. In addition, the room had an adjacent room where a spa bathtub awaited.

The restoration of the home is remarkable - it does something most B&B environments cannot: move into the present while retaining the sense of historic past.

Fran is absolutely amazing - and the best part, as I wrap up this brief review, is this:

The super firm, supporting mattress was a godsend - and though this home is next to the Light Rail, it was a comfort to hear the train zip past on occasion as we enjoyed the warmth of our getaway.

Best of all, awakening at 7:15 AM or so to the scent of Fran cooking was the best alarm of all time and eternity. In addition, other house guests were present, one who took to the piano in the welcoming room to gently play music to further heighten our senses to the efforts Fran put into an astonishing breakfast that is worth the price of the room alone!

I will not give away the secret to the best Belgian style waffle with succulent fruit and whip cream, nor the perfect scrambled eggs that came with a beautifully broiled ham slice - topped with what I believe was rye toast and perfectly melted butter.....you have to experience this for yourself.

Please, please - if you are from far away or maybe in the neighborhood (I live less than five miles away from this historic home) - do yourself a favor and visit one of the most treasured homes to take in. The story alone on how one individual can make a difference (free with your visit, lovingly delivered by Fran that really impacted my wife and I) will resonate with you in this lovely, gorgeous home that I hope you can have an opportunity to experience.

PS: Fran has a thing for the "Reader's Digest" version of events, a joke we shared that endeared this remarkable woman to our hearts! What are you waiting for?!?! PLEASE BOOK YOUR VISIT NOW!

Room Tip: The Wine & Gold room is absolutely beautiful, lovingly restored to represent romance and calm...
1  Thank Charlee J
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Wine and Gold room for our 2 year anniversary. It was magnificent! I loved the way it was decorated, it felt like you stepped right into a Jane Austen book. Our room was elegantly decorated, and very comfortable. The jetted tub worked great, the fireplace made it very cozy. The innkeeper was very nice and polite and cared for our needs. She gave us a history of the house over breakfast ( which was delicious). Breakfast consist of cresant sandwiches filled with ham, eggs, and cheese, half a Belgium waffle each, topped with whipped cream and berries. Everything was so delicious! The house is definatly a great stay. It was amazing to go around and look at all the furniture, pictures, and other amazing decorations that added to the Victorian style. We will recommend this place to anyone!
The only con: you can't lock the doors, just a chain lock on the doors.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed just because we like the bed and breakfast for our fun. We stayed in the wine room and it was very elegant. The whole house is beautifully decorated and original with beautiful wood. The host makes you feel at home and at breakfast gave us a wonderful history lesson on her family history and home history. The breakfast was filling and we left deliciously full. The place is surrounded by old elegant trees and is in a historic part of Sandy. The house is over 100 years old and is easily accessible by light rail down to Salt Lake City. It is close to State street where you can find lots of good places to eat. The host has a tea in your room at night you can get and that was a nice bonus. We want to stay in the hunting lodge next time because it has a whole complete kitchen and has enough room for a family of 4 to sleep plus it is in the back. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Hansen House was a wonderful dip into the past. We were there in Sept of this yr.The decor is very fitting of the house and the era which is was built.The furnishings were all very lovely. Fran was wonderful and she is the most amazing cook!!
I loved all the rooms they were all very cozy. I stayed in the purple room and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the bathroom with the huge tub. The grounds and the yard are all very beautiful. I can't wait to go back and would love to stay longer this time. I will take my mother for a long weekend. I am looking forward to getting some more of Frans yummy yummy waffles. :)
I left very relaxed.
I think if anyone had something bad to say about Hansen House or the people who run it, are just the type of people that are un pleasable no matter how hard any one would try!

Enjoy..
Lisa Chavez
Denver Co

Room Tip: The purple room is very cozy and has a great Master Bath
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family