“Very Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
“Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The rooms were spotless and check in and check out was quick and easy. The room was quiet even with a stadium on one side and the freeway on the other. No breakfast included but there is a restaurant onsite. Location is not right off the freeway, but it wasn't too hard to get to.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I will be taking my business to the Courtyard by Marriott around the corner from now on. I travel often to the Salt Lake City area. While on this visit I had an appointment cancel and was able to get an early flight home. Was told by the front desk when I gave my notice to check out ealry that I would have a 1/2 night charge for leaving early as the rate I got was based on the number of nights I was staying and the hotel is booked full now. Hum, If I give you 24 hours notice and the hotel is booked, you should be able to sell that room for a higher rate. Nice move, hope that Mr. Marc Brown enjoys the last $100 he is getting from my travel budget. Nice business model. I still have 16 nights planned in Salt Lake City this year and will go to the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank John W
Camas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel was very nice. I was worried about the proximity to the freeway and possible noise but when I got in the room there was no noise at all from the freeway. Room was very nice and the value I got for price paid was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Fayetteville, NC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Over all my expierience was very good. The room was clean on arrival and the cleaning staff did a great job. The bed was a little uncomfortable as the firmness adjustment did not work on one side. The mattress had a low spot that made the bed uncomfortable. Breakfast cost over $10, a litttle expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been lucky enough to stay at a fair number of 'fancy' (aka expensive) hotels and most didn't impress me the way the Hilton Garden Inn in Sandy, Utah did. First off, the hotel itself was extremely well laid out (very functional). My room was spotless (and I am a neat freak). There was even a Keurig for my morning tea. The room cost less than $100 a night (a bargain) and the staff was SO helpful. My colleagues and I got back from work late one night (after the restaurant had closed) and the front desk staff helped us order a pizza and brought us ice for our drinks. When. A finicky guest's only gripe is that the elevator could have been faster, you know you have found a great property. I only wish I had to go to Salt Lake more often. Well done to the hotel staff!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed one evening over the last weekend, as part of a birthday celebration for our daughter. While one elevator was inoperable, it did not greatly affect our visit. We arrived late and we were checked in quickly. The lobby was busy, but not obnoxious, even at 11:30pm. Everything we requested was in order; we had a room further away from the highway and did not hear any traffic noise. Everything was clean and the beds were great, as we expect at a Hilton Garden Inn. But my favorite part was the staff. They seemed extraordinarily ready and willing to help. For example, while this may not be a big deal to some, extra blankets and pillows were delivered within five or ten minutes of the request. Perhaps we caught them at the perfect moment, but I'm accustomed to waiting much longer for a request like that, especially late in the evening. We visited the pool in the morning, which seems like the best time to use it - I'm guessing our competition for the pool were there late into the night, so we had it to ourselves. The pool area was clean and there were plenty of towels. We did not use the exercise equipment, but from a cursory glance it too looked well maintained. Finally, breakfast was normal. Nothing special to note there. I think that is one area Hilton Garden Inns could continue to improve. I don't believe we would have eaten there if not for the free coupons. Though, the food was fine and the service was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Got this hotel on Priceline for a good price.
Good location, close to the soccer stadium and the mall.
The service at the front desk is incredible.
The ladies could not do enough to make our stay exceptional! You don't often see that with a third-party booking. Very cheerful, helpful and competent.
Great pool area. Clean rooms. Very comfortable beds. Excellent lobby and breakfast. Delicious cookies in the evening. Lots of parking.
Even though you are right next to the freeway, our room was quiet. I liked that.

We will definitely stay again, and recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Upper floor is better, but the elevator makes scary noises!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
BEST WESTERN PLUS CottonTree Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salt Lake City South Towne
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy? Share your experiences!