“Overall, good experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms could use a little updating, but nothing to the point of "old" or uncomfortable. I was there on business, and plan to stay there again, if I'm in town.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great staff, great food, great service! This hotel has such a wonderful atmosphere. The front desk staff are so welcoming when you come. The amenities are fantastic. You have to eat the food. Normally I despise hotel food but wow! Just fantastic!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a very nice place to stay. We love the Hilton line for their beds, pillows, comforters, furniture quality, and well insulated rooms. The worst part is if you end up on the Freeway end (west) of the Hotel. I suggest you ask for a room on the other end (east). Great place due to Mall less than a mile away, Trax, Jordan Commons MegaPlex Theaters, etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times. This is the first time I slept in a bed that was horrible. They did move me to another room but I wish I had 6 more hours of lost sleep. I then went down to work out and unfortunately alll of the equipment was taken at 6:10 am.. Minimal equipment, 2-treadmills, 1-eliptical and 1-bike.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was going to be in SLC for two nights and wasn't sure where to stay so I booked this hotel in Sandy thinking my collegues would be here to. Turns out they were at the one downtown however, this was a great choice. I live out of the country so this was very convenient and close to decent shopping and many quick restaurants. The room was lovely and I got one with a huge jacuzzi tub! I was very comfortable and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is your typical Hilton Garden Inn. If you've stayed in one before you pretty much know what to expect, and this one doesn't disappoint. It seems to be relatively new and is located in a nice, convenient location right off of I-15.

I arrived and was promptly checked in. The front desk had my room keys ready to go, so it was literally as simple as swiping a credit card and heading up to my room. Being a HHonors Gold member I was handed my complimentary 2 bottles of water and breakfast voucher - pretty standard for a Garden Inn. The rooms are your typical HGI rooms - nothing fancy but perfectly adequate and comfortable. The beds have a firmness adjustment, although I've stayed in quite a few HGI properties and never really found that adjusting the firmness on the beds made a whole lot of difference. Regardless, they're still comfortable enough. As with all HGI properties, the rooms include a microwave and fridge. The hotel has both wireless and wifi internet, and both were quite fast which I appreciate in a hotel. There's nothing I find more frustratign than paying good money for a hotel room only to find sluggish internet in the rooms, especially when I'm traveling on business.

This Garden Inn has a restaurant in the lobby which is open in the evenings. I didn't eat there, but my colleague did and he said it tasted like pre-prepared food that they just heated up and served. But once again, if you are familiar with Garden Inns you will know they're not known for their food. They're known for providing clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price, and that's exactly what this hotel delivers. As I mentioned above, there are plenty of eating options within walking distance if what's being served in the lobby isn't appealing to you. Breakfast is your standard HGI fare - a small buffet with fruit, yogurt, pastires, and juice plus cooked-to-order items like pancakes and omelettes. It isn't free unless you're a gold member but it isn't outrageously expensive either - worth the price if you want a quick breakfast without having to look eslewhere before you head out on your day's business.

I would definitely consider this hotel again on my next SLC trip.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nice and the room was nice. The problem I had was with the bathroom. The toilet is right next to the shower, instead of being closer to the sink ( and the toilet paper). Thank God I have long arms but even then I had to lean over and reach to get the toilet paper.
And the shower... the only way to turn on the shower was to get drenched in the process. I am not fond of a blast of cold water hitting me on a cold day! Even when aiming the shower head to the wall, I still got blasted.
Seriously? You can't hire architects that make better plans??

• Stayed: March 2013