“Hilton in Sandy”

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Very nice hotel. Help was friendly, room spacious and clean, lots of amenities like laundry, office center with PC's, breakfast buffet, etc. And most important was the price, very reasonable. Would definitely recommend it if you're staying in the area. Nice place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Normally stay in SLC, opted for this hotel...was assigned small room to start but moved as soon as option came available. The suites are extremely spacious, 1.5 bathrooms, mini kitchen, lounge area, desk, large bedroom and large bathroom with whirlpool bath...I recon theres a sofa bed there too...hotel was busy understandably, highly recommended, near ample restaurants if you don't wish to dine in hotel, small gym and pool. Good value hotel including breakfast...

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank MrWiz1
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Its a great hotel, here are the top items to note.

Pros:
Great toilet paper
Really soft towels
Good rates
Convenience goods

Cons:
Couple spots on floors are crusty and feel uncleen
Even when I hang my towel they wash
Pillows are so-so

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank SaskatoonAccountant
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We booked a king suite (king bed in one part of the room, and a small hallway to the front w/ a sofa sleeper). There is a TV in each "room" (I put room in quotes because there is no REAL divider). No Disney channel (sad son wanted me to include that). Microwave and small fridge. Clean carpet (looks new). Very clean bathroom. Super comfortable adjustable firmness bed and feather pillows.

We had no problems finding it, it's right off the 15 freeway.

We ordered dinner our first night but hubby picked it up so I can't comment on how fast room service was but the food was GREAT! I had chicken and broccoli and a house salad, and hubby had the teriyaki salmon w/ broccoli. Son had alfredo. Baby had mashed potatoes. The 2 adult meals came with sweet potato fries which were really good as well. Price wise, it was average for our family (about $50 with tax, tip etc.)

The only complaint I have is that one side of the hallway is non-smoking and the other is smoking and you can smell the stale smoke smell coming down the hallway. And for the price, they really should include free breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Annonnowhere
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Very clean, quiet and convenient to restaurants, shopping, entertainment and I-15. Well staffed with friendly, knowlegeable people and fair priced.

Room Tip: Fifth floor had great views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for a wedding and had a very pleasant time, rooms were great and very clean. My wife was kinda dissapointed there was no bath tub only a shower.
It was kindof a shocker to see the breakfast wasnt free, 10 bucks for pretty much a continental breakfast with a guy making cooked to order omlettes, I guess I should have read the book in the room before heading down. Lesson learned.

Only complaint is that we arrived there early (7am after driving 14 straight hours from Kansas) I asked the poorly groomed man at the front desk if there was any chance of an early check-in and he seemed reluctant to help. He explained they were 100% booked the previous night and didn't have any rooms available ( which is understandable) I asked if I could leave my number so he could call me when one did become available. After wasting time for 3 hours with no phone call, we went back and the new front desk staff was quick to help us into a room before normal check in time.
Location is a ways from downtown but there is a very nice mall close by. I would stay here again if i ever return to salt lake

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Tenpenny_05
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed here on a Priceline "chance". Probably the best hotel we've ever gotten this way. I'd highly recommend it!

Pros:
Adjustable pressure bed - awoke refreshed
Clean, clean, CLEAN
Quiet - doors shut quietly, didn't hear people in the halls
Front Desk - polite, friendly, multilingual
Coffee in the lobby at all times - and it's DECENT

Cons:
The shower is a challenge to start. Not because of the handle, but because you have to reach to the back to get to it. When you turn it on, you get wet - with cold water. (It's the only negative I have!)

Not observed:
Full-service restaurant: Looks good, but we didn't have time to enjoy it.
Buffet breakfast: Food allergies - we eat our own
Spa/Pool: Again, no time this trip

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy? Share your experiences!