Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$128
ExtendedStay
$64
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenomelet stationmade to order omeletsomelette bardvd playerliving roomoutdoor poolski vacationsleeping arealarge bathroomhot tublight sleepersalt lakestove toprio tinto stadiumgreat breakfastmorning breakfast
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We recently stayed here so that we could walk to the Rio Tinto Stadium for a concert and enjoyed our experience. The room is modern, equipped with a little kitchen and all of the accessories and quite comfortable.
The best part of the stay really was the cool shower head!! My wife and I were both amazed independently of this and that is why I am putting it into my review.
While we were not at the hotel much itself, we observed that it had a nice fitness center, the standard pool, and some nice common areas for meeting and the included breakfast.
The breakfast was just okay...heavy on the breads, light on the meats. It wasn't bad but not as nice as we would have expected.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the facility was clean and in good condition. I would recommend this hotel for a family reunion or business travel. The location is easy to get to and they had decent parking.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel is my most favorite hotel I've ever stayed in, stateside. It's new, which definitely helps, but that's not it's only fine point. The location was great for us, very near the interstate but there are so many conveniences close by that we needed. A lot of restaurants in short driving distance (5 miles or less) as well as a Target, Barnes & Noble and grocery store. We were traveling from the midwest to California with 2 kids, so having these kinds of conveniences close by was a god-send. The check-in was quick and easy, and we found our rooms easily. The hallways were very wide, clean and well-lit. Our room was FANTASTIC!! We had a 2-bedroom suite with a living room/kitchen combo. After being on the road with 2 kids, having to share a standard 2-bed room, this was much appreciated. They had their space and we had ours. The beds were large, as were the bathrooms. The kitchen was well-appointed and made me wish we had reason to stay longer. I appreciate the tubes of toothpaste in both bathrooms as ours somehow didn't make it into our suitcases from the previous night. Breakfast in the morning was late-enough we didn't have to set an alarm to get up for it, and everything was fantastic. Everyone was able to find something that satisfied their breakfast appetite, from yogurt and fruit, eggs and toast, oatmeal and coffee, juice and cereal. Very broad range of food that was fresh and well-stocked. I loved the Starbucks coffee after many mornings of gas station coffee, so thank you for that! I also appreciated being able to use the computers and printer, free of charge to print a few documents. Not all hotels (and not all Hyatt's) offer this and it's a big help. This hotel is definitely appointed to make the traveler feel more at home, with all of the conveniences and the helpful staff. If I ever venture back to Sandy, this is my only lodging choice. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruby B
Reviewed July 17, 2012

First visit here. Was impressed by how clean and quiet the hotel was.
We did not hear slamming doors from other rooms when in the room.
The rooms are nice. Our room had a full size refrigerator, microwave and toaster.
They have a breakfast buffet that was very good with the typical scrambled eggs, breads and yogurt, but they add bacon and sausage. Large eating area that is off the main lobby.

Get the best rates online directly from Hyatt.com.
I found that if you choose the non-refundable rate, you save 10%.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the mountains as the other side faces the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Loved the Hyatt House in Sandy. Location was perfect for me as my business was in Sandy, but it is not super close to downtown Salt Lake. The property is brand new, which is always nice. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and let me check in when my flight got in really early. Rooms are very nice and modern, and very clean. I had a nice view of the mountains. If at all possible, I would recommend getting an upper floor, as I was on the lower floor and people kept walking by the window (but since they let me in so early, beggars can't be choosers). Fitness center appeared awesome (although I didn't use it) - nice industrial treadmills, not the flimsy ones you see at a lot of places. Highlight of the stay was the social hour (which they may not have on the weekends). Free food and beer/wine. Quite a nice perk. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose something on the upper levels, and try to face the mountains if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We enjoyed our 3 nights at this hotel. We were in Salt Lake for a wedding. The full kitchen was a nice addition. The pool and fitness room were great. It's not in downtown Salt Lake but the drive was short into the city and there are lots of stores and restaurants within a 1.5 mile radius of the hotel. Family friendly. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012