“Nice Hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
New York
“Nice Hotel!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield (which is currently changing its name to the Hyatt House) in Sandy Utah from 2-20 to 2-25. The location is next to I-15 and though there is some noise from the interstate, our overall stay was quite nice. The breakfast was very good and the evening reception was nice with decent wine and a choice of import and domestic beer. It was an easy drive to the ski areas in Park City and both Cottonwood Canyons. I was with my wife and 15 year old son and we stayed in a two bedroom suite. The room was very nice with a large eat in kitchen nice living room and two nice size bedrooms with quite large bathrooms in each. There were two computers off the lobby area with printers which we used to print our boarding passes. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub were excellent after a day of skiing. There are numerous restaurants and stores in the area to cater to everyone's tastes. I cannot say enough about the staff. Courteous and friendly. I used to be a hotel manager and would absolutely have loved to have the staff from this hotel working for me. The only minus I could give the hotel was the following, (which I have to note I did not bring it up to the management): the housekeeper did not replace the bath soap or the shampoo for the 5 days we stayed (I could see 3 maybe 4 days but we didn't have much left by the 5th day and had to use the shampoo from my son's room). We also had to call down for toilet tissue for one of the bathrooms, though we did find another roll in my son's room. These are just small problems that I'm sure would have been corrected had I called the front desk. I did like the fact that there was toothpaste in the bathrooms but conspicuously missing was some body lotion, which we could have used given the dry weather.
Last year we stayed at the Homewood Suites in Midvale. The Hyatt cost us a few hundred dollars less and we had a better breakfast and evening reception, nicer rooms, was cleaner and had the plus of the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. We will be back and when we go, we will stay at the Hyatt. I disagree with another reviewer who felt it wasn't for skiers. The hot tub was working and we never heard a train, which on google earth is .68 miles away.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stay at this hotel while visiting family and friends in Sandy, Salt Lake City, and Provo. The hotel is located in between two I-15 freeway exits, which is convenient. The hotel is new and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We like having a kitchen in the room. The complimentary breakfast is okay; we wish they offered longer hours. We will stay here the next time we are in Utah.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This place is right on the highway and close to loud train tracks. The hot tub was broken and none of the employees knew if it.would be fixed or not, nor did they seem to care. Otherwise, the hotel is clean and the breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed January 2012
Southern California
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here in August 2011 in a 2 room suite with my husband, daughter, and mom. First time at a Hyatt Summerfield Suites. The hotel is new and centrally located in Sandy. The 2 room suite was HUGE--full size kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and ample sized living room. The price of the room also includes breakfast in the morning and "evening reception" which was, for us, full blown dinner.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. We were on the west side of the hotel facing the freeway, and there was some freeway ambient noise at night. Didn't really bother me, but if you were a light sleeper you might want to ask to be on the east facing side of the property.

Pool and spa were clean and pleasant. Lovely view of mountains while swimming.

Only issue was the sliding door to the bathroom in the one bedroom was off its track and was somewhat difficult to get moving. Put in a request to maintenance on the first day of our stay but it was never fixed.

Other reviewers have commented on the "modern" decor. I thought it was great, although the bathroom was so huge and sort of empty, it seemed sort of odd, like they were going to put in a tub or something and forgot. But I didn't mind at all. Also, the closets are fairly small. No problem if you are there in the summer, but I can imagine 6 people in the room with winter gear would put space at a premium.

Delightful stay. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: West side faces freeway, but gets lots of afternoon sun. East side faces mountains, quieter, but not...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
St. George, Utah
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I travel to salt lake city for medical care from southern Utah which is about a 600 mile trip so I like to stay over. For years my go to hotel was the sandy/cottonwood residence Inn. I was excited to see the Hyatt come in with a similiar style hotel(full kitchen, living rooms) but new and updated. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are excellent. I have stayed here three times and each room has been excellent, nice linens, huge bathroom, full kitchen, and comfortable if I travel with my kids. The nighttime social is very nice. The food is good, but this is the first hotel Ihave stayed at in Utah(and I have logged over 200 nights in slc hotels over the past 10 years) that I found such a wonderful diverse crowd. I really felt like I was back in a big back east city hotel. I made some very nice friends just sitting and chatting. The breakfast is fair(ill give the residence inn points for a better breakfast). The only downside is the staff is not senstive to any special requests when it comes to medical needs. I called ahead to get a room on a certain floor and was promised one and since they were underbooked they would not use rooms on that floor. I ended up in a noisy area of the hotel. Checkin was also a hassle and I have a hard time standing(after a long day at the hospital) and they would not let me sit in the lobby and bring the check in information to me. I wrote to the hotel about several issues with no response. If you are healthly and do not need any special accomdiations, this is a great hotel. Super location, close to stores, resturants, and very nice rooms.

Room Tip: top floor is best but aviod the area near the air/heat units.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Very, very clean and spacious suite with well stocked kitchen--though there is no oven. Pool and hot tub are open year round, breakfast was huge and very good. Staff friendly and responsive. The wireless Internet was included in the price and sufficiently fast to stream video--although you had to re-authorize your devices every 24 hours. Located close to I-15 and shopping/dining.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rallred
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed December 26, 2011

When we go to Utah for a ski vacation, my family stays almost exclusively at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Sandy. We have been here about a half a dozen times so far, and we are always very happy with the service and clean, modern, comfortable accommodations.
If you plan to ski at Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, or Solitude, this hotel is pretty convenient (approx 25-35 minutes away.) The 1 BR suite has a nice size kitchen and dining area (if you want to make food in your room or have picky/tired youngsters.) A great perk of this hotel is the breakfast buffet (everyday) and the light fare and drinks offered in the evenings (M-TH.) After a long day of skiing, it is wonderful to have this apres-ski food option as opposed to a more formal meal (It also saves you money :)) However, if you do venture out for dinner, there are boundless choices just minutes away from the hotel. There is a laundry on the premises, so you can wash your clothing, and the main desk has everything you need from detergent to fabric softener to change, as well as a mini store for drinks and snacks. Although I have never used it, there is also a heated pool (outdoors) a small indoor gym and an internet lounge area. My only complaint is that since this hotel is geared more toward business people, there are not any hanging hooks for damp ski clothes at the end of the day, and the rooms are short on drawer/shelving space for all the ski stuff. The only other pesky item is the bathroom door (which has no lock, and is the sliding variety...not as private as some might like.) However, these small things aside, the hotel and staff are truly wonderful throughout. We really enjoy our stays at this hotel and will continue to come back time and time again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy
Courtyard Salt Lake City Sandy

Been to Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy? Share your experiences!