“All that and more”

Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great hotel! Excellent location, close to the mall and lots of options for dinner within walking distance. The pool was excellent, the breakfast was excellent.. The room was very nice and well appointed. We couldn't get the temp quite right, so finally opened the window and slept like babies. The duvet was delightful, but the mattress comfort level left us both stiff in the morning. Loosening up in that wonderful pool helped a lot!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have visited this property two times in the last six months. We recommend it highly, and plan to return when we are again in Salt Lake City. We had direct contact with the staff on the front desk, maintenance, and the breakfast crew. All were friendly and efficient. When we departed on our last stay, a member of the "staff" assisted us by getting our luggage to our van, and then remained to pack the van for us! He was the general manager!! That's leading by example. We have need of an accessible room with a roll-in shower. The bath area was spacious, and the shower accessibility was excellent! By the way, the indoor pool is wonderful. The breakfast is delicious, and features different items every dsy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our room was clean but no refrigerator. TV did not get a lot of channels. This hotel did allow pets so that was a plus for us since we have a Jack Russell. The breakfast was very good. We would stay at this hotel again. The people who work there are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed there for 5 weeks for a business training. It was a really long time to be away from my family but because the place was so great it made the sadness bearable. The place is really clean, I loved the bed, it was so soft and comfortable. My balcony had the best view of the mountains. When the sun was rising, I would sit by the balcony with my coffee and inhale the fresh morning air. The entire place was clean, breakfast buffet was great and the pool was okay too. I used the gym everyday and was so glad they had all kinds of equipment. The only problem was their laundry area didn't have detergents in the vending machine, lol! Also it would eat up my quarters but the receptionist replaced it everytime.
The are I was in didn't have taxis so I had to be taken by the Inn's shuttle everywhere I went. It was like having your own chauffeur :).
There was no downside at all to my stay. I loved every minute of it. My number one reason was the cleanliness of the place and the beautiful surroundings.

Room Tip: Chose the room with a balcony. Always.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at the Cotton Tree Inn for a concert at the Rio Tinto stadium. We arrived very early at the hotel considering our drive to get to Sandy, Utah and the front desk found us a room anyway. It was so nice to unload and stretch! The bed was awesome! Fluffy, warm, clean, crisp sheets, lots of squishy pillows. We slept very well. The bathroom was clean and nicely set up, though I do like it better when the toilet is separate from the shower. I used to have a toilet paper criteria but in these times even the better hotels are using single ply, but at least it was not harsh or scratchy!
Breakfast was pretty good too, with lots muffins and doughnuts, eggs with cheese, patty sausage, hash browns, a big step above the usual cold, sometimes old, continental breakfast fare. The hotel is conveniently located within a block of the mall and many restaurants. The price was reasonable too, a prepaid advance deal on the Best Western website. Very, very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
CottonTree-Sandy, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We are very grateful for you feedback on our property. We aim to give our guest a relaxing a comfortable stay. We hope to see back, for any future concerts at the Rio Tinto stadium. You know you will always have lots of squishy pillows with us!

Warm regards,

Lidia Hernandez
Assistant Sales Director

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Super clean rooms, nicest shower ever, awesome beds and pillows, and lots of little extras that just kept adding to the positive experience. Throw in the pool and great breakfasts and it adds up to the best motel experience I have ever had. I hope they let me buy one of their pillows!!!
Joni C.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
kristen4610, Manager at Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Joni,
I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me today about your recent stay! I shipped your pillows this afternoon so you should be expecting them very soon. We look forward to the opportunity to have you back again as a guest soon!

Regards,

Josh Larson

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here on two separate occasions as we moved to the area and waited for our house to become available. The first time we stay in a suite and were very impressed. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. During our second stay we spent our nights in a double full and were equally as happy. Our kids loved the pool, my husband loved the well-equipped gym, and we all enjoyed the breakfast. Offerings included some nice whole wheat bread to toast (not common at continental breakfasts, I've found), hot dishes (like eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast sticks) and a WONDERFUL donut selection! I'm usually not a donut eater, but I couldn't resist the gorgeous toasted coconut donut our first morning there - no boring powdered donuts here! All of the staff was tremendously helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CottonTree-Sandy, Manager at Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Sara,

Thank you for your perfect review!
I hope everything is going great in your new home.
If you and your family would like a night away to swim and relax,
we would love to have you back for a third stay. :)

Kristen Fortie
AGM
Kristen@bwcti.com
801-523-8484

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City / Sandy
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy
Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/South Jordan, UT
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy

Been to Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn? Share your experiences!