BEST WESTERN PLUS CottonTree, Sandy Utah
We stayed three nights here in October, 2011. It is a 4 story hotel a short distance from Highway 15, but we were not bothered by traffic noise as long as the window remained closed. We had a fourth floor room across from the elevator, but were not disturbed by any noise from it.
We had an average Best Western room with an average size TV. The room did not have a frig or microwave, but we called the front desk and they had a combination frig/micro sent to the room. The air conditioner took a long time to start. We thought it was broken, but it finally started. The maid forgot to leave coffee on the second day.
A full, hot, breakfast is served in the lobby. It was very well done, but a separate room would have been much better. One thing I liked was the fresh pastries. They are very seldom part of the breakfasts served at hotels of this kind. Two sizes of waffles were offered in addition to eggs and breakfast meats. Four kinds of coffee were available and several types of juices. Lots of fresh fruits were also available.
There was one computer in the lobby for guest use. The Internet connection was horribly slow. One of the desk clerks said they had three new ones on order, but was not sure when they would be installed. He said he was going to “work on” the computer to see if he could correct some of the problems, but it did not improve while we were there. It reminded me of the dial up connection I had on my first computer with four megs of ram. Slooowwww.
Several restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel. We especially liked McGrath’s fish restaurant, which was about a block away. We ate two lunches there and they were both excellent and reasonably priced.
This is a nice place to stay at a reasonable price and not too far from Salt Lake City or the mountain canyons. We were there to see fall tree color and made several trips into the mountains from this location. Driving up to the higher elevations took less than an hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2014 Newly remodeled rooms!Enjoy the Greatest Snow On Earth at some of the world's greatest ski resorts, only minutes from the Sandy Best Western CottonTree Inn. Located just a stone's throw away from the mighty Wasatch Mountains, you can enjoy all that nature has to offer, from hiking and fishing to skiing and golf. The cosmopolitan center of downtown Salt Lake City offers numerous activities including shopping, pro basketball, hockey, baseball, galleries, breweries and many fine restaurants. The Sandy Best Western CottonTree Inn is located minutes away from Interstate 15 and I-215, near key activities and attractions. Great ski rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Cottontree Hotel Sandy
- Best Western Sandy
- Sandy Best Western
- Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn Sandy, Utah