“A Great find, wonderful stay”

Courtyard Salt Lake City Sandy
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel is conveniently placed close to the I15, is very comfortable
the lobby Bistro provides a very welcoming atmosphere and welcome café serving meals from breakfast to evening dinners, free wifi, would stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars. The friendliness of the employees was something I had never seen before in any hotel I've stayed in. Hint to manager: Jennifer, the asian girl who works at the reception (sorry, forgot her name), the employees who work at Starbucks (during the week) and the lady who manages the cleaning staff all need a raise!!! The employees at this hotel go out of their way to see you happy. It's awesome!

But here are the cons:
1) No microwave in the rooms. There is one in the lobby, but it's not in a convenient or discreet place. The microwave is right next to the reception. I can't imagine heating up pop corn or pasta and leaving the smell for everyone. LOL. That would be really embarrassing! Microwave in the rooms, please!!!
2) Internet on my ipad kept getting disconnected. I'm not sure why. The laptop's connection was not great either. It got disconnected a couple of times, but not too bad.
3) Restaurant menu had very limited options, though the food was delicious.

Room Tip: Ask for a canyon view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The layout and cleanliness of the facility was welcoming. Staff was great! I had to call for directions and the staff at the front desk were really patient. Loved my room. The frustration I had was with the hot water in the shower the next morning. Kept running hot and cold. Not great since the weather was so cold!

Overall, loved the healthy options for eating.

Room Tip: I found the work out rooms great on the first floor. I couldn't say that there there was any no...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hello fellow travelers,

I've stayed at several Marriott Courtyard properties and this one, by far, had the friendliest and most attentive staff - period. I stayed here for just over a week and each day, the staff made me feel very welcome, appreciated - and very much at home. Kudos to everyone at the hotel for their superbe and top-notch service. The next time I come out to Salt Lake City to work in the Draper area, this will always be my hotel of choice! I look forward to my next visit.

Enrico

Room Tip: Room 402 is especially great if you need a nice, comfortable, quiet, smoke-free room from which to w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

CYM Sandy is set in a cluster of half-a-dozen branded hotels - the usual suspects, Hampton, Holiday Inn Xp etc. The surrounding area also has half-a dozen small eateries (Iggy's was open quite late on Saturday - see separate review - but most close early on Sunday)
There are also some of the biggest new car lots ever.
It's only 100 yards from a huge mall on the other side of one of the busiest roads in the SLC area so we gave that a miss but would have liked to visit had time been on our side.
CYM is good, efficient, clean and friendly. What else do you need in a short stay hotel?
Yes, the room could have been bigger but a comfy king sized bed, a refrigerator and a sofa was nice.
Nobody had tested the heating system which had two levels, hot or cold - and was situated adjacent to the desk so that made for some discomfort when working- a minor quibble.
The WiFI was inclusive. Big hint to other hotels.
Also the fancy flat TV had a problem - wouldn't change channel. Maintenance was quickly on to it but after each visit when it seemed to work the thing failed as soon as the guy departed.
He came right back and fiddled with a box in the refrigerator cabinet. This happened three times before we figured out that if we left the 'fridge door open everything worked. The more complex the system the more potential for problems.
So if you visit CYM Sandy and the TV won't change channels - open the fridge cabinet.

Room Tip: we managed to get a ground floor near the door at the south end of the hotel and had no noise or par...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is your typical Courtyard. Very clean, super comfortable beds and standard amenities. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of the lack of complimentary breakfast but again, it is standard for Courtyards to provide a higher quality made to order breakfast at an additional fee. This is the only reason I have for rating the value as "poor." I feel a hotel of this rate and service should provide complimentry breakfast but that is a personal opinion. Again, regular Courtyard guests know this going in so it's not an issue. For this reason, I would prefer a Hilton Garden Inn which is also available in Sandy. I visit the area regularly on business and this is my second choice for accommodations. If my standard choice is sold out I can count on consistent clean comfortable accommodations at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Not knowing where to stay in the area given the number of hotels to choose from, I opted for the Courtyard in Sandy based upon numerous positive reviews posted by others on Tripadvisor. Well, I could not be more happy with my choice. My room was comfortable, clean, and had FANTASTIC satellite TV options to choose from. Above all, my stay was exceptional given the personal time and attention afforded to me and others. Kasey, at the front desk, was extraordinarily helpful with personal insight into the adjoining neighborhoods as I was in town from out-of-state to search for a house. He was very helpful with all he had to say which positively solidified some of the ideas/decisions I made prior to arriving.

The hotel is sandwiched between three others so you are insulated from the noise off Interstate 15. The hotel has easy access to/from the highway and is walking distance to a tremendous number of restaurants in the area - both take out and sit-down establishments. The mall is across the street with another huge shopping center across the street from it on the east side. The area is a commerce stronghold (State St. being the main artery) of well known stores, restaurants and other services.

The street is IMMEDIATELY off the interstate exit, so if you miss it, no worries. Just make a right turn on the next street which is Auto Mall Dr. From there, you can turn into the parking lot of the Holiday Inn which has access to the Courtyard's parking lot.

This is an excellent property for its location, services and proximity to the interstate, restaurants, mall and overall dynamics of Sandy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo