“Would not stay here again.”

Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I found a great deal online and was really excited about my stay at first. Then I got to the hotel they gave me my room key, I went up to my room and they had not cleaned it yet. I then went back down stairs and had to redo my paper work to be put into a different room. This room had a very leaky sink and I have called every day of my stay and they have promised to send someone the following day to fix it... Needless to say it still leaks. On top of that you have to take cold showers because if you turn on the slightest bit of hot water the pipes squeal and hiss and the walls of the bath tub shake, it's a terrifying experience really. I'm convinced it's not safe and it made my child cry. And that goes for everyone in the hotel. So if your neighbor is getting ready at 4 in the morning then you get to hear the awful pipes squeel while you are trying to sleep. Also don't stay here if you actually want a grab and go breakfast because every time I have gone down to get something everything has been gone. Also if you want "free" wifi speeds that are fast enough to use you will have to pay extra. And one last negative comment, the customer service sucks. Every time I take my towels to get new ones they act like it is a total inconvenience and waste of their time. However the rooms are a good size and the beds are nice and it is nice to have a kitchen, but I won't stay at this location again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank KennieAG
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Kennie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad that you found your room to be spacious and that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that your room was not properly cleaned before your arrival. As well, I am sorry to hear about your leaking sink and the loud pipes in your shower. Lastly, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast, our free Wi-Fi and our customer service did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments and will work to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for your feedback, as it will allow us to continue to improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sls@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I booked a night here through a travel website and got a great deal. The hotel is located near a number of shops and restaurants and in a nice neighborhood. Also near the Sandy REI store. The interior is very clean and welcoming and the front staff were helpful. The room was pleasant and just what I need for the night. For an extended stay it would have been a great room with a small kitchenette, though I was just here for the night so didn't really take advantage of it.

There is a morning breakfast, though somewhat limited, but still a few nice things to choose from. Overall, very happy with my stay here. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 117 which was a little loud since the trash door was across the hall and people kep...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, helpful staff and our clean hotel. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My room was also guaranteed but when I got there after a 6 hour drive they were "overbooked" for the first night and they sent me to their sister property up the road. I understand that they were remodeling both facilities but, neither common areas were well cared for during the remodel. When I went to check back in at the first place, no one was available at the desk for over 10 min. The only thing wrong with the room itself was that when you turn the hot water on in the shower for both properties the pipes put up a very loud racket. (so loud the person in the bedroom can't hear the TV)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank awallacenevada
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we were overbooked and you had to stay at our sister property for a night. Our renovations are almost over, which will allow us to return to our high standards of service and cleanliness. As well, I am sorry for the noise you encountered from the bathroom faucet. I discussed your comments with our team and we are working to make sure these problems don’t happen again in the future.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I made a reservation the day before arrival with Bianca who assured me of my reservation the next day and guaranteed it with my credit card. After a 14-hour drive, I arrive and Bianca tells me that she gave my room away and they were overbooked. She wanted to send me to another hotel 20 minutes away which wouldn't work for me because I was doing a show at South Town Hall. Poor, Poor, excuse for customer service. I will NEVER stay at Extended Stay America ever.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Troy N Debi F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that we had problems with your reservation. Unfortunately we did get overbooked and did have to walk you to a sister location. I am so very sorry that this happened. This is not how we normally operate. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to do more front desk training to ensure that we are not having similar situations happening to other guests.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SLS@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have stayed here many times and everything was GREAT. This time under new management we found the facility DIRTY, NOTHING in the kitchen was clean or working except the refrigerator with the coldness lowered to below normal. Hall carpets are FILTHY and no one cares about cleaning up spills for days in the lobby and outside the building. Stayed for 6 nights and the same leaves were there the whole time. I'm looking for another place in the area like Extended Stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you found hallway carpets in bad condition and your room cleanliness wasn't up to expectations. To uphold our company's high standards, we are implementing manager's room check before each guest checks in. We are also scheduled for a full renovation this year which will take care of issues of stained carpet.

I really appreciate you bringing these problems to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at ksavelieva@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We needed a room between stays at two different time share vacation locations. This hotel filled our needs as to location, and price. It was close to all the amenities that we could use ! If you ever need to stay for a longer stay, I would recommend Extended Stay America !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Loouie - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was convenient for your needs. Also, I am happy to hear that your found our rates to be affordable as well.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Dirty room upon arrival. Flies had chips. Kitchen was sticky and had crumbs and leftover food. Had to clean bathroom and maid lied about doing the full clean in day 7. Bathroom locks didn't work. Laundry facilities were mostly out of order.

• Stayed: July 2013