We have visited SLC/Sandy five times since August, 2012, to see my very ill mother-in-law; the last four visits, we stayed at Extended Stay America in Sandy, because the prices were reasonable and we could save some money by making our meals in our room, which had a kitchen. Choosing this hotel was definitely the right choice. Stephanie (the manager), Nicole (who blew me away by remembering my name after our first visit), and each of the other staff members treated us like family during each of our visits. With the circumstances of our visits, their friendly faces and expressions of concern for my mother-in-law were much appreciated, and were the reason for our return visits. Our last visit was to attend her funeral, and Stephanie and the rest of the staff were so kind and compassionate. I will miss seeing them.
The rooms: The beds seemed new and comfortable, we had no problems with the fridge, and everything was clean. We didn't like the frying pans that were provided, so on one occasion we just brought one of our own; however, the staff made it clear to us that all we needed to do is call them if we needed any additional kitchen items (we just packed what we needed instead). There were a few minor issues with the kitchen faucet leaking if the handle was not pushed back hard, and the spray from the shower head having a really wide radius, but I wasn't too bothered by these and did not report them to staff. If I had reported these issues, I am sure they would have sent someone up to fix them.
Bottom line: During a very difficult time in our lives, Stephanie and her staff at ESA went above and beyond to make us feel like family, and gave us a home away from home. We will never forget them. There has been some discussion of a family reunion in SLC on the anniversary of my dear mother-in-law's passing; if this happens, we will definitely stay here again. A HUGE "thanks" to Stephanie, Nicole, Vanessa, and all of the staff; you all are awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay America Sandy
- Extended Stay Sandy
- Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Sandy Utah