Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$159
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$118
$111
BestWestern.com
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$119
$116
GardenInn.com
$100
HIExpress.com
$85
ExtendedStay
$64
Courtyard Salt Lake City Sandy(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
EmbassySuites.com
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast isroom was cleanshopping mallgreat hotelsalt lake citythe hotel staffstaff was friendlysandy utahcomfortable stayhotel is locateda nice place to staya great staybusiness tripeach morningfresh fruitking bedfront desk staff
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The staff here is amazing!!! I mentioned that I was staying to compete in my first triathlon the next morning. They made up a special breakfast bag for me to take early on the go, and even had a "congratulations" gift and card for me at checkout! Every staff member I encountered greeted me with a, "Good luck!" Most amazing, friendly hotel stay I have EVER had. Definitely recommend! They go all out to make your stay memorable.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from elevators & ice machines. We got a room at the end of the hall with no one across from us and a room on one side of us. Very quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was the first time we had stayed at a Hampton Inn. We were attending a nephew's wedding and we wanted to try this hotel. The hotel was very nice and the handicapped accessible room was large and the shower in the bathroom was spacious. The only negative was about the shower, the water got all over the bathroom floor, due to the spray from the shower. The first morning after we had arrived, the shower barely had any pressure and it dripped like crazy. We notified the front desk and they were most kind and replaced the showerhead. It worked a little too well! We had to use every towel in the bathroom to clean up the mess. The maids were wonderful! We explained what had happened in the bathroom and they were most forgiving about the issue. My husband and I have mobility issues, so we had to handle the water situation very carefully, so we wouldn't slip and get hurt. The front desk staff person was very friendly, even when we arrived at 1:30am! I do wish they had employees to assist with the large brass luggage racks; we put our luggage on the rack and it was extremely heavy. I'm a strong woman, but it was a lot to haul down the hallway to our room. The brass racks were heavy even without the luggage on them.

The hot breakfast each morning was awesome! The staff was very helpful too. We were spoiled for the 5 days we stayed here. The room was beautiful and the bed was wonderful; wish I could have taken it home with me. The TV had a few channels, but nothing to write home about. A program guide within the TV would have been nice, being in a different town. It was hard to decipher what was on, although some shows were familiar. We're used to our Dish Network at home...this was Direct TV, I think. Room was very quiet, although were close to a back door, and could hear the rolling luggage constantly, except at night. Having access to use my laptop was a plus; I did bring my own 4G connection device and it worked fine, so I was able to get a little work done while I was at the hotel, so I can't say how the Wi-Fi connection was that the hotel provided. We had other family members staying at this hotel, so it was nice to connect with them in the mornings for breakfast. Sandy is a beautiful area with lots to see!

Overall, this was a nice place to stay and I would come again and will also try out some of the other Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: This is the only ADA room that I know of at this hotel, but it is close to an elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This Hotel is right by the Jordan Mall and most of the ladies would love the availability to go shop while the Husband attended business meetings, etc. The room was very clean and comfortable. The price was okay and the breakfast was very nice. The check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Great people! I wish I had the time to have enjoyed the hot tub or pool, to many other distractions like work.

Room Tip: The rooms seem to be well insulated and was very quiet. Easy for internet use also.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Russell L
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I always stay in Hamptons - reliable, clean, predictable, comfortable beds. But in this one, I asked for my money back and found a new hotel. My room on the south side was so loud from I-15 freeway noise that I got no sleep all night, and so was exhausted for my meeting that day.

I've never run into this issue at a hotel. Maybe it's an older Hampton with cheap windows? Otherwise seems like a standard Hampton.

Might be okay on the side facing away from I-15. Light sleepers might want to avoid this one. If you are a deep sleeper, you'll be fine.

Clerk's "apology" cinched it: "Yes, some of our guests complain about that," and "That's the way our hotel is."

I'll still stay in Hamptons but am a little wary now, as it's the first time I've had a negative experience in a Hampton.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jetthecat
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a recent business trip. My room was located near the front desk and although it was very clean and adequate, I did have to endure a bit of noise from people coming and going. When I was ready to turn the lights off and fall asleep, I simply turned the fan on and that helped to block out most of the noise. The morning breakfast was wonderful, with plenty of hot and cold options. There is no onsite restaurant or room service, but plenty of restaurant options within walking distance and a mall located right across the street. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the front desk to avoid excess noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business