Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$128
$122
$101
HIExpress.com
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
$165
$139
$71
$59
Courtyard Salt Lake City Sandy(Sandy)(Great Value!)
$149
$143
All reviewsbasketball courtmain buildingbedroom suitefree beer and winefree breakfastindoor poolsecond buildingair venta young lady namedhome baseliving areaminute driveyogurtdecent staytemple squarean appetizerpull out sofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We moved our daughter to Provo and booked this room for our trip home.
This RI isn't as new as the one by the airport but is still very nice and comfortable. Love the beds and linens. The kitchen has new appliances and everything is spotless. Hubby loved the big flat screen tv. The pool area is very nice. We thought the breakfast was one of the best complimentary breakfasts we have encountered. Food was fresh and plenty of variety. Very clean area as well. Better than some that we have had to pay for at other "upscale" hotels. Staff was courteous and friendly. Close to some nice shopping areas. We will be making many trips down to see our daughter and plan to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2009

My wife, best friend and I stayed here during an extended weekend ski trip over Superbowl Sunday weekend. When I arrived, I thought I was in a ghost town. There was no one here! It was very quiet and peaceful. When we got to our 2 bedroom suite, we smelled natural gas or propane and thought it might be from the fireplace. Maintenance came right down and fixed it. The couch and chair seemed a bit worn, but the beds were comfortable and there was plenty of room for our luggage and ski equipment. The rooms were clean and the kitchen contained new appliances that worked well. The Inn is close to, even walking distance from plenty of shopping and restaurants. If you forgot any ski equipment, there were 3 or 4 places that sold ski equipment and even discounted lift tickets within minutes. The best part? 30 minutes or less to Alta and 40 minutes or less to Solitude! Great skiing!! Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was about what would be expected at a Residence Inn if you've stayed there. It was good, but it wasn't IHOP. I was most impressed that there were not 1000 people waiting in line for food as is typical at most hotel breakfast buffets. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2009

My family stayed here over Christmas for a ski trip. The hotel was difficult to find coming from the airport because 1, the web site directions were not up to date-the exit numbers on the highway had changed but the web site reflected the old directions, 2, we arrived during a heavy snowstorm, and while speaking to the hotel directly, were unable to tell where we were due to heavy snow, and 3, the same street can have 2 different names but the street sign will only have one name, i.e., this hotel is on 10000 West, which is also called Sega Lily. So if you are looking for Sega Lily, you will never find it. Go figure. Anyway, arrived at hotel quite late, but staff was very pleasant. Our room was a one bedroom with king bed, and separate living area with pull out couch. The pictures you see on the website look nothing like the room we had. The pull out couch was old and drab, but sufficient for the kids. The furniture in the bedroom looked nothing like the website photos. However, the kitchenette and appliances seemed new. All appliances and cooking utensils were spotless. There is a SuperTarget about 1/4 mile down the road for supplies, and Jordan Commons is about 1/2 mile away and is an enormouse dining and entertainment complex. The hotel provided a hot buffet breakfast every morning. As long as you were down to the buffet by 7am, you could get a table. Met lots of nice people, everyone discussing which mountain their were skiing at. A few nights during the week, they had light snacks. One night it was chili and nacho chips, one night was baked potatoes (which I thought was weird). My kids used the pool and had a blast. I have given this hotel 4 stars because although the rooms are overdue for updating, I feel it was a very good value, especially considering we were there during a holiday week. There is another Residence Inn that has just opened which is just one block off of Wasatch Blvd and about 10 minutes closer to the ski areas, but I understand it is also a great deal more expensive.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Aerosmith
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We stayed at this hotel between Christmas and New Year's. Here are the pluses/minuses of the hotel.

Pluses
2 Bedroom suites were spacious and very comfortable.
Very comfortable beds.
Heated indoor swimming pool and spa.
Within 35 minutes to Brighton, Solitude and Snowbird.
Conveniently located to several places to eat.
Excellent breakfast provided - eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels, english muffins....

Minus
Really none. In the swimming pool area, it tended to get very loud and rowdy with teenagers.

This place is a great place to stay. If you're looking for a spacious, convenient place to stay near the ski resorts, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sapamire
Reviewed August 4, 2008

The inclusion of a full breakfast makes this a very good value.

The room was clean and well thought out. Carpet and appliances were a bit dated.

The staff was very friendly and had no problem handing me a travel toothpast pack every day without questioning me (forgot mine). I was impressed that they didn't press the issue.

The location is a bit odd. It is off by itself and a few blocks from anything.

For a business function, or family trip, I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)