“Terrific Service, Lovely Rooms”

Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Cleveland, Ohio
“Terrific Service, Lovely Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice, both times we while were visiting family. The people are super-friendly, the rooms are clean and quiet and the breakfasts are yummy and a cut above your usual buffet breakfast. Since we were eating with family, we never tried the evening meals. We will be staying here again and every time we come to this area. They are a definite Best Buy, in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer G, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your experience at our hotel! We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Sandy area...hopefully next time you will get a chance to try our social experience! We will see you then!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were on the 3rd floor, right by the elevator with the Courtyard/BBQ area right below us and we didn't hear a peep! (And I am a very light sleeper)

We were surprised by all of the amenities offered in the kitchen, as well as a grill by the pool area for guest use. The kids were pleasantly surprised that there was a basketball court :) Plenty of clothing storage. Breakfast was decent, there were quite a few choices. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

Will stay again :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn--Sandy. Our team really appreciates you mentioning your favorite things about our hotel. We love our jobs and want to exceed your expectations every stay. We look forward to seeing you again for your next travel to the Sandy area!

Assistant General Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is my 2nd trip to SLC on business and the 2nd time I've had the pleasure of staying here. The staff is friendly and helpful at every turn. The evening meals are a nice plus and their breakfast is decent too. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and surprisingly quiet, given the proximity of the Inn to the Interstate. There's a lot of shopping in the area along with a lot of decent restaurants. Overall, this hotel is a great value with a very good location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback, it was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look foward to seeing you again the next time you visit SLC.

Thanks again,
Ashley Jennings
Guest Relations Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in on the way to Salt Lake City. This was my first visit to a Residence Inn. Their rooms leave you wanting nothing. Spacious and clean. The high point was the staff. The night clerk went out his way to provide me with he all my needs from a place to eat to a place to get some medical tests done while on vacation. I would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed May 2012
Jennifer G, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I am glad your first stay with Residence Inn was a great one!
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here for a week while on business. The location in Sandy, UT is fantastic. It's right around the corner from the South Towne mall and TONS of shopping, great restaurants (Chipotle, Noodles, Olive Garden, Fuddruckers, Sweet Tomatoes, McGrath's Fish House, Johnny Carinos) and plenty to do and see. The hotel is very clean, the beds are very comfortable and the rooms have everything you could possibly need. I was on the second floor on the south side and it was very quiet, even being next to the interstate. The housekeeping staff gave me extra, fresh towels every day which I greatly appreciated and washed my dishes. The suites have complete kitchens and a nice sitting area that is separate from the sleeping and bathroom area. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast has a nice selection of food, including various toppings for waffles (strawberries, blueberries & whipped cream). All in all, a VERY pleasant experience and I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: I did notice that the elevators have a really obnoxious "ding" sound when they arrive at t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer G, General Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to complement our hotel. We really appreciate your business and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with our entire staff at our next team meeting. I know the housekeeping, front desk and breakfast associates will be grateful for the recognition . We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Jennifer
Los Angeles California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Residence Inn, in Sandy Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City the last week in February and it couldn't have been more perfect! Upon checking in, I asked about Military Rates and we received them, bringing our room down to $99.00 per night. This was for a one bedroom suite, which had a very nice bedroom and bathroom with good closets and drawer space, a full kitchen and living-room with a couch that opened as a bed...also with drawer space in the living-room! It turned out that my cousin joined us for no extra charge! The daily breakfast was excellent and the staff was attentive to keep it replenished with cold and hot cereals, oatmeal, several types of bread: wheat, white, bagels, muffins, etc., eggs, potatoes, sausage--which varied daily, waffles with whip cream and toppings, fresh fruit, juices, coffees, and teas. Children staying always enjoyed the variety of donuts that were available. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening there was a "happy hour" with wine and beer. On Monday they had cocktail hot dogs, Tuesday they had salad and on Wednesday they had meatball sandwiches. These could easily be your dinner, or serve as an appetizer for dinner out.
The location of the hotel was also perfect, as we were there for skiing. It is situated perfectly to ski Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. We purchased our lift tickets for $65.00 for each resort at the front desk and drove a short distance to the shuttle stop each morning. However I did learn that if you don't have a car they will drop you off each morning and then pick you up when you call....this is fabulous and I will do this the next time I stay there.
The hotel also had a pool and hot tub, but I did not take advantage of this.
Without any reservation, I highly recommend the Residence Inn in Sandy Utah and hope to be back next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer G, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Salt Lake City Sandy, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Maxine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The members of our team here at the Residence Inn were humbled by your kind remarks and delighted that you have recommended us so highly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Residence Inn--Sandy soon. Until then, we remain at your service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I've been here TDY several times, and will spend about a month in Sandy over the summer. I booked this months out, because it will be a very comfortable place to "live" for a month. Great staff, usual free breakfast, but better than most Residence I've stayed out - more fruit, more yogart, more selection, period. Location is perfect, with all the food and amentities (Super Target) you need close by.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Residence Inn—Sandy. Our staff is extremely pleased that your visit was enjoyable! We are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable, especially on those longer assignments! We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest the next time you visit the Sandy area!