“Honest and very helpful staff”

Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Salina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is mainly about the honesty and helpfulness of the staff. I stayed here and left my gold chain at 9 am of the morning of checkout. I realized that evening at 7 pm after I reached home.

Called the hotel, and they confirmed they had my laptop safe and sound. I was so relieved. They had also tried to contact me a number of times to let me know.

They couriers me next day with FedEx for a shipping price.

The rooms were perfectly clean and adequate for the economical price compared to other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014
Grag P, Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Econolodge Salina Hotel Management Team

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Being unfamiliar with the Salina Area, we were unsure where to stay as a base for our mouton explorations. We stumbled up on this hotel and it turned out to be perfect for our needs. It is near by to fremont, just couple of minutes drive. The drive was not problem at all. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced compared to expensive hotels located around. The gentlemen at the desk was very helpful and efficient. We truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Econolodge Salina Hotel Management Team

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This is a perfectly okay $59 motel that charges $79. The room was fine, but the TV had a woeful channel selection and breakfast was inadequate. Only a handful of rooms were booked that night, but the desk clerk inconsiderately bunched us into one cluster.

• Stayed: May 2014
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

GM
Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We often stay at the hotel next door but decided to try EconoLodge because the price was significantly less to drive only 1/4 of a mile. In fact it worked out better as it was more peaceful, quite and away from highway traffic and truck noise.
Memorial day weekend price was slightly above than their normal rate, but hey it's busy weekend. I saw later they were full and had to say sorry to three walk ins.

We were pleasantly surprised, the room we had was very comparable to the Best Western Plus/Holiday Inn, but for about more than 50$ less than what you pay. Very clean room and the King size bed was comfortable. Speaking with Front staff came to know that that is choice hotels latest bedding program.

Front desk clerk was accommodating and friendly, something we first felt like we may not get at the next door hotel. He had some accent though.

The breakfast was excellent, they had a three hot items, we liked their coffee , not typical hotel coffee, though it was not star bucks :)

Overall Great Job ! and we will stay there again.

Room Tip: I have no tip in particular, but well try this out. book in advance to get good rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt F
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

GM
Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Nothing too bad to say, but we didn't feel too comfortable considering how much we paid for one night.
This is clearly an old Best Western without re-modernation, showers and wc still have a timer dial that turns off an extremely low efficiency light in the middle of your shower or other needs. I had to turn the dial 3 times while my girlfriend was washing her hair. Why not change that to a high efficiency light like other motels?
Also, bed sheets are not of the right size. Not a big deal, but again we paid a bit too much for this.

Good continental breakfast, clean rooms and nice TV program offer.

Odd reception when we came in, they asked for my driver's licence to have an address instead of having me writing the usual paper form. Even more odd, the receptionist asked me to spell "Italy" because my driver's license said "Italia" and couldn't find it in the system. Ok, I don't pretend Italy to be famous, but the first 4 letters are the same in both alphabeths and the receptionist was a bit rude in most of his requests.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Micascisto
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

435-529-7455

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had to stop here after a puncture ended our plans to travel further towards Moab and The Arches National parks. A little odd at reception asking for ID when we had shown a passport, something about no address on it? ( does any passport?). Room were spacious and clean if very dated, dark wood and ancient bedspreads, the sheets were clean but obviously well used. Mattress and pillow check showed very clean. Excellent shower and facilities, good power points, hair dryer etc. Got a great rate and happy with stay.
I marked down as the dated feel made me feel it was 'grubby' when it really is not.
Only place to walk to eat nearby is a Denny's and a Mexican, just off the main road so don't expect pretty. Good views of the mountains at the back

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back as main road at the front
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sooz0702
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The room was clean with all facilities (fridge, microwave, tv with HBO and ESPN, iron, hairdryer)
Rooms are spacious and bathroom is clean.
We had a very good welcome, staff is friendly and they always said us to solicit them if we need help for something. They also have good advice for what to do in the area.
Breakfast was good with a lot of choice.
If we come back to Salina, we will stay again at the Econo lodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timo C
Grag P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Grag
Econolodge, Salina Utah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salina
Quality Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#3 of 13 in Richfield
Super 8 Salina/Scenic Hills Area

Been to Econo Lodge Salina Scenic Route 89 & I-70? Share your experiences!