“A real locals' spot”

Mom's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Basic place for a basic breakfast. We like to stop where the locals eat, and this fits the bill. Enjoyed reading the framed articles (including mentions in Sunset and National Geographic) giving some history.

There are newer reviews for Mom's Cafe

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place en route to I15 and it felt like being in a 50's American movie. Right down to the quirky row of shops it sits at the end of. I can't comment on whether it used to be better under previous ownership, but the food is good solid American standards served in BIG helpings, by a friendly and helpful waitress. OK the decor is not modern but the place is clean and characterful and gives any passing foreign tourist a very edible slice of US dining history/culture that is fast disappearing as chains take over.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been going here for years moms cafe is a must stop I eat there 3 times this weekend great breakfast and lunch I haven't been for dinner yet

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our second visit. Food is just ho-hum. Their scones are the best item. Food was served luke-warm and service was just okay. Waitress was obviously tired of her job and was just going through the motions. Unfortunately, it is probably the best place to eat in this town.

1  Thank Len T R
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Problem: I like liver and onions (I know, you either love it or hate it.) but my wife hates it, so I never have it at home.
Solution: Whenever I see it on a menu of a place that advertises "home cooking" I order it.

So, as we traveled through Salina on our way to Arches NP, we stopped, saw the sign, and I made a beeline for Mom's. I was not disappointed. Mom's has been around for many years, and when I saw all the locals in there, I knew it was a winner. Enjoyed my liver and onions, though the portions could have been bigger. My sons had good burgers and my wife liked the salad she had. the price, was decent - not cheap, but not over the top either. The place was clean, but had the feel of a place that has been around for many years, if you know what I mean.

Would go back, but I doubt I will ever be in Salina again.