“A pleasant surprise !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in St. George
northern jersey
“A pleasant surprise !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way from Las Vegas to Utah. While it didn't look promising at first glance (garish sign), I have to admit that we were all very pleasantly surprised. Rooms were clean and spacious, with comfortable beds with white linens. The bathrooms were the best surprise: modern and immaculate. We left early the next morning, so we did not spend time at the pool, but it was attractive with a nicer quality of lounge chair than you find at most roadside motels. And finally, the complimentary breakfast was perfectly fine, comparable to most continental breakfasts at chain hotels - but the Crystal Inn adds a variety of hot entrees to the mix, and my daughter loved that she could make her own waffles. We would definitely stay at a Crystal Inn again !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gildor5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

One star for breakfast and one star pool area. Tiny bathroom. late 70s early 80s decor. Room was nonsmoking but smelled like smoke prob because it hasn't been remodeled from the smoking days. Asbestos ceilings. I can't believe they have a 4 star rating on trip advisor which they display a certificate of rating on their check-in desk. Breakfast is better than a lot of motels but still just ok, granted I like less processed food. Surprisingly beautiful pool area, big palm trees. They had a parking space for us just outside our room with a sliding door access from room. We were scheduled for two nights but canceled the second night to move to the much better and truly worth the trip advisor 4 star rating Wingate by Windham.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The Crystal Inn is just fine for a nights sleep when traveling. Clean large rooms and nice large swimming pool. The elevator could use some sprucing up. Friendly staff. Breakfast in included. Free coffee in the lobby.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, friendly staff, and great pool area. Exercise area small with only 4 pieces of equipment. Elliptical had a grinding sound like a bearing going out, but the rest of the equipment worked fine.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We found this hotel and could not be happier! Clean, large rooms, comfortable beds, new decor, great location and terrific prices. The pool is warm enough for kids to stay in all day and has a large shallow area for lots of playing. Right next to a running/biking trail, on premise fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Free continental breakfast every morning is an added bonus, with wi-fi, DVD player, mini fridge and microwave in each room, The rooms that open to the pool are especially convenient for families with young children so you can keep a close eye on napping little ones. Management and staff are friendly and accommodating. You MUST check it out!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tina H
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Choose this hotel after reading reviews and it brilliant,the room was clean and airy,the pool was lovely.Breakfast was brilliant everything you could possibly ask for.We rented a DVD and they had a great selection,my daughter and husband played tennis,balls and racquets supplied and even managed a bit of exercise in the gym.The staff were all very friendly and helpful.I think most people use the hotel passing through we have been here 4 Days and would be happy to comeback and stay even longer as everyone in the hotel and shops have been very friendly.Thank you for making our 1st visit to Utah great!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MARGARET D
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am always trying different pet friendly hotels in St. George, as I go there at least three times a year. The challenge is to find a nice place that isn't too expensive. The Crystal Inn is the best one I've stayed in so far. The room price was okay ($70ish), pet fee was fair ($25 for the stay) and I don't believe there was any discrimination as to the room I was given, though I could be wrong.

The room was large, though the bathroom was not very big. But at least the shower had one of those bowed shower rods. I like that a lot. There was also a flat screen t.v. with access to HD channels. I hate showing up to a hotel and finding a small, old-school t.v. from the 1980's.

There was a nice pool area, though I didn't use it. The free breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, sausages, and potatoes. You could also have oatmeal, waffles and cold cereal. Add to that some juices, milk and coffee. I've had worse free breakfasts, but I've had better.

The staff were generally nice and pleasant and seemed to understand what good customer service entails. I work in the hospitality industry, so it is obvious to me when workers haven't a clue.

We needed a late checkout on our last day past the 1:00 p.m. free late checkout time. We needed to leave at 3:00. They were understanding and said that it would normally be $40, but would only charge me $20. I felt that was fair.

I feel that as long as I can get a decent rate on the room, then I will come back and stay at the Crystal Inn. I was very pleased with my stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family