“Good location.”

San Francisco, California
“Good location.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We would stay again.
Lobby nicely appointed w/ large fireplace and large comfortable sofas.
Like that it has fridge and microwave.
Queen size bed was attractive and we found it a comfortable size for the 2 of us.
Bathroom clean and shower worked well; ceramic tile floors.
Computer in lobby wasn't working; in room Wi-Fi very weak - had to use from the lobby (closer to the router).
Breakfast included scrambled eggs (our favorite), waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee, toast, English muffins, small breakfast muffins. Employees kept supplies updated.
Stayed 2 nights.
Flat screen TV but very limited selection of channels - disappointing.
Slept well and would stay there again if in town.
Restaurants nearby met our needs (a Mexican restaurant across the street was pretty good; we love the Cracker Barrel for it's portions (not meant for the obese) and its prices; drove to Wal Mart to get items we needed; there is a COSTCO but we didn't go there; found reasonably priced gas on road toward Snow Canyon park (a lovely short ride with red rock formations - while just driving around to see the southern section of St. George).
Didn't realize the time change from Las Vegas was 1 hour difference.
Easy drive from St. George to get to Zion Nat'l Park.
Next time would find lodging the second night closer to Bryce Nat'l Park (instead of returning to St. George-didn't get to see Bryce this trip) so could have gone there too.
If doing it over, would spend night in St. George, visit Zion, mid-afternoon would continue to Bryce and see Bryce the next day, return to St. George from Bryce to spend the night then drive to Las Vegas the next day to catch flight home).

Room Tip: We stayed in room #106 right next to the swimming pool and hot tub on the first floor. Easy access...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Activeseniorjuly2010
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello
Guest
We appreciate your time and feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lindon, Utah
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Upon arrival our room looked nice and clean. We checked it over for bugs before we did anything else. We checked the bed, head board, dressers, night stand etc. We thought all was well. We stayed two nights and the first night we slept well. On the second night the bed was so hard that I couldn't sleep. So I started to pick up our room and once I tired out I went to the recliner in the room and tried to get comfy there and slept. Nothing seemed astray until later while checking out I started to get a sharp pain behind my ear. I had been bit three times. My husband and I were trying to figure out why I was the only one affected... and it was because I was the only one to sleep on that chair at night. So we have narrowed it down to four conclusions...It could of simply been a spider. Or a mosquito since we saw one in the room earlier. Could of been a cockroach bite. I read that they can bite humans if there is a big infestation. After reading reviews, there are 2 reviews of seeing them. Or SCARILY enough it might of been a bed bug eek!! It hurts sooooo bad!

Now onto the pros and cons of this place besides the bite! I will start with the good.
PROS:
nice sink
smells clean
nice decoration in room
okay breakfast
nice location

CONS:
paper thin walls! (you can hear EVERYTHING around you. The person next door showering, flushing, watching tv and you can hear everyone in the pool.)
The carpet feels sticky and full of dirt. Your feet kind of stick to it and it will turn them black.
Our sheets were not clean. and they didn't fully change our bed on the second day. (we know because there was a rust stain on the sheet.)
Not only does the pool look dirty by lots of things floating around, but you can feel the dirt under your feet.
The remote was sticky
horrible water pressure
Some sort of bug bit me
breakfast was mediocre (the bananas were old, the waffles overcooked..)
The staff is not friendly in the slightest(they walk past you like you weren't even there. They acted very annoyed.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on a lower level that doesn't face the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello
Valued Guest.
We apologize for it. but if you feel any thing just inform us so we right way check it and we can Inform concern agency for necessary treatment. But even all Recliner chair room we treat at present with your opinion. We also treated all hotels with bug agency.
have a nice day
Yours Sincerely

Travelers are raving about these St. George hotels

Everett, Washington
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay. It is located right off of I-15 and was easy to find. The room was large and very clean. The hot tub was great after a long day's drive. There was a nice selection of items for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Travellady724,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The highlights: I slept surprisingly well, housekeeping treated me well, and found that the shower was very nice for the price.

It took a long time to get checked with one clerk handling a phone reservation longer than the person who needed his room keys. I was behind that guy and waited even longer because I noticed there was caller on hold, presumably another phone reservation.

The room, with outdoor entry, works fine for St. George. Since I was at the convention center most of the week, I didn't need much beyond a good night's sleep, good plumbing, and a fridge. However I needed something else... WiFi.

The WiFi leaves a lot to be desired with its spotty speed. If you can, bring a hotspot that works with the immediate area. In order to use a business center, I had to run over to the St. George Inn to get my printouts. Value wins, always.

Because my future visits will require a hotel even closer to the Dixie Center. I'll have to part ways.

Room Tip: Try to stay near the central part of the hotel, near housekeeping. This, for what it's worth, is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, February 18, 2014

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Price is great and room is fine. Breakfast they tried hard to keep up with crowd. But in St George Utah kids want to swim and both days no pool towels at all. Went to front desk and the guy rudely told me there were no more, they would get some eventually, but he didn't know when. No "sorry", no help at all. So another day of cold kids walking to the room.

Stayed February 2014

Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Drove in after driving all day. No reservations. Festivals in town and the place was packed. Got 2 very nice rooms. Kids all went swimming. Had food delivered to the room from the hotel guide in the room. Yes, they have Mac and cheese! When you have kids, this is a must! Parking lot was full of RVs but still I could park right by my door. Quiet! Oh my gosh...Breakfast was also wonderful. Beautiful sunrise too. This place was wonderful!!!

Room Tip: I have only stayed here one time and I was right by the stairs on the ground floor but it was quiet!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fifi101
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, February 7, 2014

somwhere in the southwest
Reviewed January 14, 2014

decent for the area, 10,ooo points. good breakfast, and there was a brochure in the lobby for a doscount at dennys with the clerks initials.not a bad deal.room I had seemed like it would be worth about $55 cash.pool, hot tub, guest laundry.decent teevee.its near a surprisingly reasonably priced convenience store, as well-the shell by the car wash.(try the nachos!) its been a bit, so im not sure if they had real newspapers in the lobby or just usa today.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
pk3740, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this review, January 16, 2014