“Not Very Accommodating for the Disabled in a power-chair”

Quality Inn South Bluff
Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed August 26, 2013

If it weren't for being disabled - our stay would have generated a 4/5 star rating. Stayed in room 137. The area where our room was, was next to impossible to get my power chair from the parking lot to the sidewalk to access the room.

Even the threshold to enter the room was very high. Because of the height of the threshold I was jostled a lot. My disability is very painful as it is. Touching things causes pain - like the day after you've broken your bone type pain.

I've never experienced such difficulty trying to get a power-chair from a parking lot and get on to the sidewalk. Then a real ruff ride getting into our room. We video taped it and took pictures of the obstructions.

The day before our reservation started - I called to confirm. A man answered - he said his name was Kurt. Because of the condescending attitude of this guy - I should have seen this coming. They assigned us to a room with a staircase right in front of our door. Because I had to get a run at the threshold, the stairs made that tough to do. But due to Kurt's rude behavior on the phone - I wasn't certain we wanted to bring attention to ourselves and make our 2 night stay worse.

The room we stayed in didn't look like anything pictured on their website. We are so distraught we feel a complaint to the Justice Department - Civil Rights Division - Disability Rights Section should be done. when I get my pain levels increased - like this place did - my pain stays for days, not an hour or two . . . DAYS!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
PK K, Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest
I am really apology for you not got your stay comfortable and not our employee satisfy behavior.
I know how is hard to stay. I will take care for ramp and other thing. I will take action for employee. He have to assign other side room have slope ramp.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just there for one night. Pet friendly with rooms on the first floor. Difficult to find a place to walk the dog, as the entire area is paved, except their front lawn. Air conditioner a bit loud, but oh so cold on an over than 100 degree day! Breakfast was plentiful and staff accommodating. Stayed there to avoid driving in Las Vegas on our road trip.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Mike K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Valued Guest
Thanks your for notification for pat area.
But it is on East-North Hotel corner open land with sands. Sorry trouble to find location. Thank you for take time and give us feed back. Now we will tell all guest for pet area. Have a nice day.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

After staying at Super 8 the last two motels, we HAD to stay someplace we weren't afraid to sleep in or shower in the next morning. It FAR exceeded our expectations in every way. Even priced under what we were forced to pay for poor quality unSuper 8. Breakfast in the morning was just icing on the bagel so to speak.. Would gladly stay there every chance we get.

Room Tip: If it is well maintained outside, the insides will be too.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank You for our feedback. We are happy you enjoy your stay. If any suggestion any time send us or call us. Have a nice day.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was hard for me to find. It is tucked up behind the mobile station. The lobby was small. Parking was tight. The room was clean with a flat screen TV and a reclining chair. It was very comfortable. The pool is clean. The housekeeping staff very helpful. It is located in an area with many other hotels; however, not too many restaurants other than fast food. They had a decent breakfast; however, there Are no table and chairs. There were a few chairs around the fireplace in the lobby, but most people were taking their food back to the room on a trayI would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Mike K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hello, Valued Guest
Thank you for response. I will take care as possible I can . We have close resultant is Black Bear Steakhouse just 0.15mile Behind MacDonald.
But whatever you enjoy your stay is good for us.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here and I hate to write a bad review but I have to. The service was horrible. The room was so dirty that are feet were black from the carpet and there were peices of small things like old chips and peices of other things my10 month old found all over the room. Breakfast was the worst part. Not the actuall breakfast but the service. The guy at the counter was rude after I asked for more butter for tost that he huffed at. Then another person asked for eggs. He said to her what he said to me, "I'll get there when I can". He never brought out eggs for her. He also never looked up from the counter and would hide in the back where no one could see him. I know that there was also fruit and yogurt that was not replaced due to him on the clean up and restocking as soon as we all left the lobby. There was also floaters and cigarette buts all over in the pool.

Sorry but not quality at all. Dirty, rude, and not very welcoming.

Only ease was it was a good location to passing through.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mohrpwr
Mike K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello
Sorry for Inconvenienced .Thanks for to know me. II change person for breakfast. it look he is lazy for refill breakfast. We start to wash carpet. When computer run down it wash Choice International Server Problem. That some time happen it is for short time.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel using my Choice Hotel points on our way back from Disneyland. They were very accommodating in getting us three rooms in a row. We were able to park in front of the rooms which made for quick loading and unloading of our bags. Pool areas were great and the rooms were both spacious and very clean. Bathrooms had plenty of plugs for the ladies hairdriers.

I stay at Choice properties over 200 nights a year and this is one of the best. My family voted this as our go to hotel when in St. George.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back of the property.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mike K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your response. Thanks for to observe all our service.
Any time you well come

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this motel for a 'free' night courtesy of Choice Privileges having spent a couple of nights in other properties in this chain and on this basis is was ok. Our room was on the ground floor close to the pool and although the bed was comfortable enough the room itself felt a bit run down and dismal.
The pool area was ok though with plenty of seating in the patio area just beyond the pool itself. We ate on the patio that evening and it was quite pleasant. Breakfast was decent enough and there were plenty of tables available. All in all it was ok for a one-night stop but nothing special - we were glad we had stayed on a rewards night basis rather than having paid for it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello
Thank You for feedback. We are happy you enjoy your reward free night.