“Best Quality Inn”

Quality Inn South Bluff
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the best motel we have stayed in for many years if not decades. We noticed the property while staying at the nearby Claridge Inn....also recommended...previously. A coupon book provided by the St. George/Utah state tourist center listed this motel with a reasonable rate. We walked around the area and noted the exceptionally well maintained landscape, facilities, et all. It seemed more like a resort versus a motel. Entrance to the warm and elaborate lobby was equally amazing. Reception and checkin were expedited with several room choices available from the coupon book. There was none of the typical "no rooms available at those rates." Our room was simply superior to other major chains. The morning breakfast was the last if not biggest suprise. A large, quality variety of many items was available. Most Vegas style meals do not approach this wonderful experience. Finally, we had to go but will definitely return to this Quality Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James S
PK K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked two nights at this property, because it was one of the ones that honored our Hotel gift card from Travelocity. First of all I WILL NEVER use Travelocity again! Why would they sell hotel gift cards, and only certain hotels honor the card.

I must start by saying, I am a serious hotel snob! I worked in the hospitality industry for over 8 years in 5 diamond/star resorts, so I know exactly what to look for in hotels. Staying at a two star hotel is like camping for me. However, being it was a last minute trip for a funeral, I did not want to spend 100's of dollars for a room I wasn't going to do much but sleep in.

When we arrived, check in was fast and easy. The young lady at the desk, I believe her name was Lauren, was very friendly and efficient.

We unloaded our bags into our room, only to find that the heater did not work. I called down and the young lady said she would come up and take a look. She arrived not 5 minutes later, and determined that our heating part of our HVAC system was not working. She said we would have to change to a different room. We told her not a problem and she left, and about 10 minutes later returned with keys to a new room. She even offered to help us with our luggage. She was definitely a gem!

The room was at least clean, except between the beds, and it was very much in need of some TLC. The carpet under the sink was falling off and the furniture was quite scuffed up on the surfaces. The beds were comfy, not too hard and not too soft. There was also a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator in the room which was great.

They had a nice breakfast spread, with eggs, bacon muffins, coffee, cereal and other breakfast fare.

The free wi-fi would have been awesome if it worked. It was sporadic at best. We did not use any of the amenities such as the pool or Jacuzzi so I cannot say what that area was like. There was plenty of parking and it seemed to be a nice quiet hotel.

If your not super picky about the ambiance, it is a fairly clean, decent place to stay. It is conveniently located 2 minutes off of the freeway, there is a McDonald's, right in the parking lot, a Denny's and a Burger King directly across the street and only about 5 minutes from the Temple.

I did notice two odd pending charges on my credit card, which I hope are just deposits of some sort. I did ask for an iron, so perhaps its a charge for that. I will definitely keep my eye on my credit card statement to see if it is charged through or not.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Property is conveniently located in St.George's hotel area, meaning plenty of competition within walking distance
We drove off I-15 and chose this hotel as its outside features look really inviting.
Much to our surprise we've noticed a few glitches, you usually won't find at Quality properties.
- Person working the front desk (morning of 31 Oct 2012) unaware of where to find Choice Hotel Directory
- No Comment Card in our Room
- Small TV, not even flat screen
- Noisy A/C, had to turn it off in order to get sleep
- Bathroom Fan blowing hot air down
- Toilet in bathroom very low, designed for Kindergarten?
- Breakfast Area unattended
- Wallpaper damaged in Breakfast Area
Just didn't meet Quality standards we were used to, except for the very well maintained landscaping and outside Pool Area

Room Tip: downstairs by the pool (also provides easy access to parking)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a nice motel this is. We had reservations but got to the hotel around 7 pm so they did not have adjoining rooms as we had requested. The real problem, however, was that one of our party, an elderly man, could not easily walk up stairs and that's all they had available. We left the reception desk unhappy and, since that was all that was available, we took the rooms. However, the two ladies who were working the reception desk got another party who was also just checking in to switch rooms and they did. The care and hard work for us by these two ladies, Lauren and Jen, was outstanding and was much appreciated. That on its own is enough to praise the hotel. But there's more -- very comfortable beds, quiet rooms, a nice hot breakfast with bacon and eggs, breads and cereals.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aon5727

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed one night in St. George at this location.

Extremely friendly front desk staff, nice, clean rooms, good water pressure, clean bathroom, pleasant grounds, good location. Nothing bad to say really. There are a lot of options in St. George for lodging, but I definitely will return to this property the next time I'm in town. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NashvlMike

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I originally made reservations at this motel and tried to cancel due to bad weather. Even though it was past the cancellation time they graciously allowed me to cancel at no cost. I was able to make it to St. George, remade the reservation and was able to get a room.

Our room was nice but for some reason the light was missing in the bathroom, the toilet was not flushing properly, and the internet was giving me fits. The young lady on duty was wonderful. She offered me another room and when I told her I would rather not move, she promptly brought me a lightbulb, stayed and fixed the "air bladder" in the toilet. She offered me a discount on the room but I had used frequent travel points. The next morning we had a very nice breakfast and when I informed a different lady that the internet was still having some kind of issues, she appologized, asked me my room number and told me that there was something at the front desk for me.

The first lady from the night before called management, explained my issues and there was a very nice letter appologizing for the inconvenience and offering me a free night for a future visit. This motel far exceeded my expectations. They had issues but they handled them promptly, efficiently and to my full satisfaction. A very nice place to stay with wonderful staff and management.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you are looking for and they will do everything to please you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stop in St. George from time-to-time and found on this trip that the place we normally stay was booked so we booked a room here for the first time and were not disappointed. The lobby staff was friendly and quite helpful with a speedy check-in and a followup call to our room to let us know the desk was staffed 24/7. Our room was ready for us with the A/C turned on which means a lot in the hot summer climate of St. George. The room was spacious and very clean and the hotel has the best rates in St. George for such a stay. The "free" breakfast is ok, better than we have had at other places if offered at all. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple