“Just Not up to Quality Standards”

Quality Inn South Bluff
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Property is conveniently located in St.George's hotel area, meaning plenty of competition within walking distance
We drove off I-15 and chose this hotel as its outside features look really inviting.
Much to our surprise we've noticed a few glitches, you usually won't find at Quality properties.
- Person working the front desk (morning of 31 Oct 2012) unaware of where to find Choice Hotel Directory
- No Comment Card in our Room
- Small TV, not even flat screen
- Noisy A/C, had to turn it off in order to get sleep
- Bathroom Fan blowing hot air down
- Toilet in bathroom very low, designed for Kindergarten?
- Breakfast Area unattended
- Wallpaper damaged in Breakfast Area
Just didn't meet Quality standards we were used to, except for the very well maintained landscaping and outside Pool Area

Room Tip: downstairs by the pool (also provides easy access to parking)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PK K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn South Bluff

Reviewed October 18, 2012

What a nice motel this is. We had reservations but got to the hotel around 7 pm so they did not have adjoining rooms as we had requested. The real problem, however, was that one of our party, an elderly man, could not easily walk up stairs and that's all they had available. We left the reception desk unhappy and, since that was all that was available, we took the rooms. However, the two ladies who were working the reception desk got another party who was also just checking in to switch rooms and they did. The care and hard work for us by these two ladies, Lauren and Jen, was outstanding and was much appreciated. That on its own is enough to praise the hotel. But there's more -- very comfortable beds, quiet rooms, a nice hot breakfast with bacon and eggs, breads and cereals.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aon5727

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed one night in St. George at this location.

Extremely friendly front desk staff, nice, clean rooms, good water pressure, clean bathroom, pleasant grounds, good location. Nothing bad to say really. There are a lot of options in St. George for lodging, but I definitely will return to this property the next time I'm in town. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NashvlMike

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I originally made reservations at this motel and tried to cancel due to bad weather. Even though it was past the cancellation time they graciously allowed me to cancel at no cost. I was able to make it to St. George, remade the reservation and was able to get a room.

Our room was nice but for some reason the light was missing in the bathroom, the toilet was not flushing properly, and the internet was giving me fits. The young lady on duty was wonderful. She offered me another room and when I told her I would rather not move, she promptly brought me a lightbulb, stayed and fixed the "air bladder" in the toilet. She offered me a discount on the room but I had used frequent travel points. The next morning we had a very nice breakfast and when I informed a different lady that the internet was still having some kind of issues, she appologized, asked me my room number and told me that there was something at the front desk for me.

The first lady from the night before called management, explained my issues and there was a very nice letter appologizing for the inconvenience and offering me a free night for a future visit. This motel far exceeded my expectations. They had issues but they handled them promptly, efficiently and to my full satisfaction. A very nice place to stay with wonderful staff and management.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you are looking for and they will do everything to please you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stop in St. George from time-to-time and found on this trip that the place we normally stay was booked so we booked a room here for the first time and were not disappointed. The lobby staff was friendly and quite helpful with a speedy check-in and a followup call to our room to let us know the desk was staffed 24/7. Our room was ready for us with the A/C turned on which means a lot in the hot summer climate of St. George. The room was spacious and very clean and the hotel has the best rates in St. George for such a stay. The "free" breakfast is ok, better than we have had at other places if offered at all. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim m

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Checked in very late, I was driving through on my way to Idaho. All I was looking for was a quick check in and a solid 7 hours of sleep. I arrived at 2am and the agent took about 10 minutes to check me in collecting lots of data from my license plate number to the color of my vehicle. Seemed a bit excessive in my opinion.

The room was small, sheets were paper thin and should not have been in use. Room was not really clean by any measure. Bathroom was tiny and gross. Room was non-smoking and smelled of smoke and moldy. Then at 5am the guests above of us woke up and were super loud, like they were running laps in the room, seemed like a bunch of kids. Either way, I didn't get very much sleep which was the only purpose of my stay.

There seemed to be better close by motels for the same place so I would check those out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Now we upgrade property.

PK Kansagra
Quality Inn St George, Utah

Reviewed June 2, 2012

It was 102 Degrees in saint george the day we were arriving so we called ahead and asked them to turn the air conditioning on in our room, and they said they would do it right away! We used our choice privilege points for a free stay, and our standard king bed room where is very spacious. The bathroom featured a shower and bath tub combo, the bed was extremely comfortable, there was a sofa next to the bed and a computer table with a mirror. They also included a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Breakfast included everything from waffles to hard boiled eggs. Pool and spa were wonderful as well! The perfect place to stay for families and budget minded travelers!

• Stayed: June 2012