“filthy”

Quality Inn South Bluff
Ranked #27 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on April 14th when we entered our room we noticed a smell. It was coming from the bathroom. There was not a toilet tank cover on the toilet. I called and asked to have it fixed and the front desk clerk told me he would send someone up. No one came and when I called againi they told me to put a towel over it. When we would flush the toilet it would cause a spray it was disgusting. I tried to speak to the manager but Sonjia was never availiable I was told she would call me but she still hasnt called. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, choice Hotels Managment, St George Travel Council, and Priceline. They staff is rude and I was told by the supervisor when I called to see why I hadnt received a call back that they are busy and they dont really care if they have repeat customers. I would not recommend that anyone stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank whocares12
PK K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2010

Very nice Hotel. The rooms looked new and were roomy. A/C in room was quiet, internet access OK, not great. The laundry facilities were clean and secure. Pool area was very nice. The only problem we had was at check out. The young girl behind the desk didn't know how to split the bill. Not a big problem.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Rubrducky999

Kind Regards,

Choice Hotels

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Roaches in room, Breakfast not as advertised, "satellite" TV was less than perfect, 1/2 the channels were so bad, that you couldn't watch. Breakfast is served from 6-9:30, however, eggs and sausage dosen't come out untill 7:30. if you're an early riser and need to get going, you will get what amounts to a lousey continental breakfast. Milk just sitting on the counter with nothing to keep it cold. when the eggs run out, it's a waiting game. coffe is nothing more than flavored water. keep the lights on and you will not see any roaches, turn them off and it's a free for all!!, carpets are filthy, for the price i paid for this roach trap, there are much nicer hotels (and cleaner) in st george STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vdebv

Reviewed June 18, 2010

This hotel is excellent. Good location, nice room with above average appointments, fast and free internet, plenty of parking, and best yet, hot breatkfast. I also got a really good rate so I was really happy about my stay there. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
PK K, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for you feed back.. Have a nice day

Reviewed June 14, 2010

All the regular hotels I normally used were booked so I stayed here. What a mistake.
The drain in the sink was closed and when I turned on the water it stayed in the sink. I tried to open the drain but the lever was missing. I had to climb under the sink and force the drain open.

The toilet bowl had a problem too. The flush handle fell off, onto the floor. I had to re secure it the best I could. This Quality Inn should be ashamed of the careless room maintenance.

Don't expect much here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank bpol57122

Reviewed May 31, 2010

We were quoted a low rate for our two night stay. When we get there the rate increased by over $80 for both nights. We told the desk clerk the amount we were quoted and she said they did not have that rate. When we told her that we had a confirmation number she magically found a rate that was right at what we were quoted. We paid cash for both nights up front. BIG MISTAKE!! I had to give a credit card for "incidentals" and was told twice that it would not be charged. Well when I got home and checked my account guess what one night of the stay was charged to my card! When you call to ask the person who answers doesn't have the authority to discuss it. Did the clerk just pocket the money? I mean did she steal the cash or what? I do plan on getting to the bottom of this.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bravesgirl65

Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed at this hotel as a stopover on our way from Arches National Park to Death Valley. The location was great. Right off the highway. The woman at the reception desk was very friendly. When we got to our room there was a strong smell of cleaning products, but other than that it seemed fine. A few minutes later we were trying to turn on the light and realized it was unplugged. Upon plugging it in we came across a fair sized pile of dog poo. The hotel has a no pet policy, which I understand can be difficult to always enforce, but when a guest has clearly violated the rule, the room still needs to be cleaned up. We contacted the front desk to switch rooms. She said she'd have to call the manager. I was a little surprised that there would even be a question about this, but apparently there was. 10 minutes later she called back and said we could move next door. We searched the new room and it appeared there were no "presents" left behind, except the shower curtain clearly had not been cleaned in a long time. It was not only filthy, but had big chunks of old soap stuck to it. Upon check out I wanted to speak to the manager about the incident and I was told he wasn't in. We left our numbers for him to call us, but we're still waiting to hear from him. I know this isn't a luxury hotel, but management should have reached out at to least apologize and make sure everything was ok.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple