“Not worth your money!”

Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George
Ranked #19 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at The Lexington while in St George for a softball tournament. To start with, the over-whelming smell of chlorine was over the top. People at the front desk at check in we're very nice. Gave us our key and we took off to our first game. When we were done for the night and came back to our room I couldn't believe it. Black mildew all over the shower/tub, something dark that looked sticky dripping down the wall and dirty towels. Our "balcony" opened to the front desk area so we were stuck with the chlorine smell. I went down to cancel our room for the next night(I would rather sleep in my vehicle). Olivia behind the desk didn't seem to care that we were having problems. Just had the attitude of "oh well" until I mentioned that I was with a group/softball team and that our whole team will not be staying there again. Then the young lady next to her tried to offer me a different room. I was absolutely disgusted with the LACK of cleanliness in our room and the fact that they really didn't care. I wouldn't waste my money here. Can't stand staying in a room where I feel dirty just being in it. This is the first time I have ever written a negative review on a hotel and we travel a ton. Good luck on your travel adventures but I wouldn't make The Lexigton part of it.

• Stayed: February 2013
StGeorgeLEX, Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your stay on Feb 22nd. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the condition of the room and your costomer service experience here at the Lexington. I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement with our bathroom facility and costomer service is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to make sure all bathrooms are properly inspected. I thought it would be benifical for your group to be close together, and knowing you are traveling with families would want to be close to the pool. We would have loved to move you to a location outside the pool area, given the chance. I sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Shayne Sabaitis
Lexington GSM

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have been going to this hotel for over 30 years. We just returned from a stay that was made wonderful by the manager, Shayne Sabaitis. It was our 42nd anniversary and he made everything very special for us. We love the hotel and especially the manager and the staff. Everyone was very friendly and kept asking us what they could do for us the whole time we were there.The breakfast that comes with the room is wonderful and has such a variety. We thought about buying a 2nd home in St. George but we would miss staying at the Lexington and seeing Shayne. He is such a nice and helpful manager. The hotel is so close to everything around St.George, like Snow Canyon, Tuacahn, and all the historical sites. We have 6 married children and 17 grandchildren who love to come with us when we head down to the Lexington. Thanks again for the great stay. We look forward to many more in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
StGeorgeLEX, Manager at Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

shayne
lexington
gsm

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is reasonably priced and great for family travel. My kids love the pool and the location. The rooms are big and work well for a family. It is close to a lot of eating establishments. I works great as a jump off point to the many recreational activities around the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a gift certificate for thus hotel and didn't know much about it before my stay. I had such an amazing experience with everything that this is now going to be my hotel of choice. When we arrived, there was a mix up and they gave us Smaller room than we expected. I went to the front desk and they switched us to a king with a sofa without delay. The hotel was so quiet that it felt like we were the only guest there even with a convention going on there. The pool was indoor/outdoor and a nice place to take my kids. Breakfast was equal to hotels that cost twice what I paid. I really appreciate how accommodating the entire staff was. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were looking for a quiet weekend to get out of the cold & we wanted to bring our ~90lb Malamute with us and they have more than a boring continental breakfast. From Check In to Check Out we had a great stay. When we arrived late Friday we checked in with Olivia who was more than friendly - parking was close to our room. The room was clean with two Queen Sized beds in it. The beds were comfortable. The shower had great pressure.

Breakfast both mornings was great, they said we could bring our dog, just not INTO the restaurant, which is perfectly understandable. We sat out in the lobby by the giant fireplace and had a pleasant time. The lines were never long, the biscuits and gravy were tasty, and the apple juice was nice and cold. We ended up sitting by the fire for about 2 hours. Our pup just laid down by us the whole time. When we got back to the room I realized I had left my phone in the lobby, by the time we walked back they were already in the process of returning it to us.

Check out was a breeze. All in all we had a perfect stay at the Lexington. It would be hard to convince me to stay anywhere else next time we go to St. George.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2nd building which required a walk outside to get to the lobby for breakfast if tha...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

For starters, this place has many positive elements to it. The place is large, very large and perfect for large families. There is a large pool. Half of it is inside, half of it is outside. The only separation between the two is a rubber divider and a glass wall. It is possible to swim between the two without getting out. That being said, it is the same water inside the building from outside the building. The water is not hot, but may be a little cold for some. The spa is small, and is always busy-especially at night. There is a game room overlooking the pool, with a pool table, a foosball table, and a ping pong table. To get the balls and equipment, you must leave your room key with the front desk. The pool table has seen better days, and is unusable. The sticks are broken, and there is a large slice in the middle of it. They won't even let you use it, but it is still there. Last time we visited this hotel, it was the same situation with the pool table, and it was two years ago. The ping pong paddles are also very worn. I don't understand why they can't get new equipment when it's almost $100 a night. There are two buildings, this visit we stayed in the "newer" unattached building. There is not much difference between the two, but the newer building is a longer walk from the pool and ice machine. Upon entering, my mother and I could not even get the door open. It seemed stuck. The only way to enter the room was to ram on it with the shoulder. Literally. The rooms were clean, pillows uncomfortable. Here, count on checking in exactly at check in time, if later. We could not get a room when we came in early at noon, as we usually would at other hotels in the area. There is free wifi and a complimentary sit down breakfast buffet. It is not the usual muffin and toast, but filled with sausage, French toast, eggs- the works. There is a very small playground outside and adjacent is a white tent used for weddings, I suppose. Overall, pretty good bang for your buck.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I broke my ankle on a hiking trip and booked the Lexington Hotel from my hospital bed after surgery. I needed to spend 2 weeks recovering before heading home to Boston. Choosing the Lexington was the best choice ever made. I travel allot, and have never experienced a more caring staff on any trip. Everyone, and I mean everyone, at the Lexington is warm and friendly which made for a smooth recovery. The first night, I limped in on crutches, and was greeted by Justin with a wheelchair to get me around. They let me use the wheelchair for the next 2 weeks, making my tenuous situation much more bearable. Every morning I wheeled myself up to the beautiful breakfast buffet. It was fantastic. Terrisita and Adel made sure I had my orange juice and waffle to get me going and mend my ankle. The entire staff was concerned for my health and did everything to speed my recovery. I am grateful to have found such a wonderful place to put me ahead of schedule. I look forward to returning on two feet on my next visit. Bottom line, when you want a great hotel room with a staff and owner that cares in St. George, Utah, the Lexington Hotel is the place be. Great WiFi too!

Room Tip: Room 144 is the best handicap room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo