“A hotel that cares” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Boston, Massachusetts
“A hotel that cares”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I broke my ankle on a hiking trip and booked the Lexington Hotel from my hospital bed after surgery. I needed to spend 2 weeks recovering before heading home to Boston. Choosing the Lexington was the best choice ever made. I travel allot, and have never experienced a more caring staff on any trip. Everyone, and I mean everyone, at the Lexington is warm and friendly which made for a smooth recovery. The first night, I limped in on crutches, and was greeted by Justin with a wheelchair to get me around. They let me use the wheelchair for the next 2 weeks, making my tenuous situation much more bearable. Every morning I wheeled myself up to the beautiful breakfast buffet. It was fantastic. Terrisita and Adel made sure I had my orange juice and waffle to get me going and mend my ankle. The entire staff was concerned for my health and did everything to speed my recovery. I am grateful to have found such a wonderful place to put me ahead of schedule. I look forward to returning on two feet on my next visit. Bottom line, when you want a great hotel room with a staff and owner that cares in St. George, Utah, the Lexington Hotel is the place be. Great WiFi too!

Room Tip: Room 144 is the best handicap room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
West Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed on Nov 9 and 10th. We had 3 rooms, second floor. I was happy with cleanliness every where I went (pool, room, halls). New ice machines :). Very comfortable pillows and bed. The full cooked breakfast is ok, I just prefer fried eggs and crispy potatoes. The gravy was good, fresh waffles, OJ and Hot Cocoa. Adel was GREAT and very nice to all of my group.
On site Massage therapist was EXCEPTIONAL - she did a GREAT job that is as good as my regular therapist. She worked on my daughter as well after playing softball all weekend lomg. She is certified in medical and sports massage. ONE grip is the noise in the massage room - the top is open and ALL the noise from the pool and kids is very distracting during a massage. This took away form great service, but I rolled with the set up. Please close the top or change a room into a quite room.
Highly recommend this property to anyone seeking 2+/3- stars.

Room Tip: room 247 was good fopr me.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice place to stay, convenient, big rooms, nice pool area (the outdoor part was pretty noisy from the street but oh well), nice interior. I was suprised it was so nice as the price was very reasonable. Conference center is misleading -- it has some rooms for meetings but much more a hotel.

Mayfield, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Was in St George for a conference. Awesome experience from the booking to the checkout. Arrived into town early so asked to check in early... 10am! And yes, a room was available so we were able to drop off luggage before heading to a day of meetings. Room had a jetted tub, fridge and microwave. They serve a great, hot breakfast. Everyone on the staff was pleasant to deal with and very helpful.

Best of all was the bed. Even more comfort than my bed at home!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Antioch, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I read the reviews and entered with an open mind. The property was easy to find and conveniently located. Every staff member we dealt with was very friendly and helpful. The lobby and public areas were clean and nicely decorated. The room was clean, well appointed and had a comfortable bed. The free internet worked fine as did the heating/air conditioning unit. There was a free breakfast included, This was not a continental breakfast, there was a very good selection of items to start your day. I llook forward to returning to this property next year.

Room Tip: I had an outside room in the main building. It was quiet and easy to access parking, ice machine an...
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here over the busy UEA/Senior Games weekend. The hotel was crowded but once in my room, it was nice. It is the first time I stayed inside the main building. I did miss seeing outside but it was convenient. The room was updated with down bedding, newer carpet and chairs and bathroom tiles. I was close to the pool and it was a little noisy until 10:00 but once the pool closed, it was very quiet. The breakfast is a bonus. More then a regular free hotel breakfast. There is waffles, cereal, toast, bagels, fresh fruit, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, juice, and coffee.

I've stayed here many times including when it was the Holiday Inn. I noticed a more "upkept" improvement which I appreciated. I don't know if they are in the middle of updating the rooms but mine was decent and had been updated since the last time I stayed.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: If you have kids, the rooms by the pool are very convenient. Bring some change for the ice cream ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Springville, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

OK, let's get the only bad part of this review out of the way quickly...two floors but no elevators, the back of the property looks like a two-story motel, and the wifi experience could be improved on the front end.

BUT you MUST read on.

A former Holiday Inn, the property has a nice indoor/outdoor pool with hot tub, exercise room, and other recreation areas. Did I mention that the hot tub was actually hot? That alone gets four stars in my book as so many properties I've stayed at over the past few years seem to have forgotten what a hot tub is for. Lexington has made every effort to bring an upgraded feel to this older property. The lobby is host to a baby grand piano and comfortable seating areas. The conference center hallways are lined with a set of framed photo-boards of historical sites in the area. And our second-story room was accessible from an inside hallway, just up the stairs from the pool area.

But what really made the difference was Lexington service. Someone actually called the room after our arrival to make sure we knew how to contact them for "anything we need". Every subsequent contact with their staff returned the impression that every visitor is important. That same level of level remained throughout our three-day/two-night stay.

We were fortunate to be given an upgraded room with a jacuzzi tub. The room was spacious and comfortable. It included a desk area, microwave, refrigerator, 32" flat screen television and two very comfortable chairs with table and lamp. The mattress was extremely comfortable. The pillows were a bit thick, but a request for something a bit thinner was immediately fulfilled.

Now, on to the most important part in my husband's book--this property provides a "full" complimentary breakfast....everything from pancakes and scrambled eggs to biscuits and gravy.

And last but not least, it is easily accessible from the freeway exit on the southern quieter side of town, yet within an easy distance of downtown and other locations of interest. Would definitely consider returning to this property again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has access from the main building on the side of the hall away from the pool.
1 Thank Peg I