Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George
Very Good 4/5
Excellent 5/5
Junction Motel(Junction)
Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsindoor outdoor poolholiday innping ponghash brownsroom was cleanwaffleshot tubfamily reunionrooms are nicefrench toastgreat priceconvenient locationzion national parklexingtongeorgehuntsmanlaundry
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 20, 2012

OK, let's get the only bad part of this review out of the way quickly...two floors but no elevators, the back of the property looks like a two-story motel, and the wifi experience could be improved on the front end.

BUT you MUST read on.

A former Holiday Inn, the property has a nice indoor/outdoor pool with hot tub, exercise room, and other recreation areas. Did I mention that the hot tub was actually hot? That alone gets four stars in my book as so many properties I've stayed at over the past few years seem to have forgotten what a hot tub is for. Lexington has made every effort to bring an upgraded feel to this older property. The lobby is host to a baby grand piano and comfortable seating areas. The conference center hallways are lined with a set of framed photo-boards of historical sites in the area. And our second-story room was accessible from an inside hallway, just up the stairs from the pool area.

But what really made the difference was Lexington service. Someone actually called the room after our arrival to make sure we knew how to contact them for "anything we need". Every subsequent contact with their staff returned the impression that every visitor is important. That same level of level remained throughout our three-day/two-night stay.

We were fortunate to be given an upgraded room with a jacuzzi tub. The room was spacious and comfortable. It included a desk area, microwave, refrigerator, 32" flat screen television and two very comfortable chairs with table and lamp. The mattress was extremely comfortable. The pillows were a bit thick, but a request for something a bit thinner was immediately fulfilled.

Now, on to the most important part in my husband's book--this property provides a "full" complimentary breakfast....everything from pancakes and scrambled eggs to biscuits and gravy.

And last but not least, it is easily accessible from the freeway exit on the southern quieter side of town, yet within an easy distance of downtown and other locations of interest. Would definitely consider returning to this property again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has access from the main building on the side of the hall away from the pool.
    • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Peg I
    Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I booked the Lexington Hotel and Conference Center through Hotels.com, primarily because we wanted a three star facility, comparable in quality to a hotel we stayed at during a previous trip. While the facility was clean, the rooms were dated and looking tired. The carpets in the corridors smelled of a chemical, such a cleaning fluid or insecticide. The lobby of the hotel was nice, and the full breakfast buffet was substantial. The staff was equally nice. Our stay was very satisfactory but this is not a three-star facility.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
    Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here 2 unconsecutive nights before and after a week long wildnerness trip.
    Good: friendly staff, late check-out wasn't a problem, comfy bed and bedding, full breakfast included, large indoor/outdoor pool and spa, held my bag for a week while I was wildnerness camping, warm cookies at the receptionist desk, restaurant in the hotel.
    Not as good: outdated furnishings, in the first room the fridge wasn't plugged in so not cold (I'm sure they would have moved me with no issue, but I wasn't worried about it). Second room had that old smell when you turned on the a/c.
    Overall, I was pleased with both of my stays. The accommodating staff more than made up for the stale room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
    Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed the weekend here with my kids and we loved it. Breakfast was included and it was decent food. The pool was great and the kids loved it. Even played some Foosball and Ping Pong. The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to try and get us tickets to the sold out Tuacahan. I wished they had the Pac12 Network on TV so I could have watch the Utes play, but as bad as they got beat I guess it was a good thing I couldn't watch it. The beds were comfy and the showers had good water pressure. I had stayed there years ago when it was the Holiday Inn and liked it then, but I will probably stay here every time the family goes to St. George. Conveniently located right on Bluff street we walked to eat dinner most nights and stocked the in-room fridge from the Albertson's across the street. Worked out great.

Room Tip: I learned that they allow pets in certain rooms so if you are an animal lover bring them along - if not, then request a non-pet room.
    • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
    Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here with family of 4 on our way back from Zion NP. This is clearly a new hotel, everything nice and shining. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. On arrival we immediately received free water bottles (it was +100° at that time). Rooms were big and clean. Because of the heat, the nice pool was the best place to spend some time. Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice!
    Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "bad" rooms in this hotel.
    • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family