New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in St. George
New York
“Comfortable and calming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

After a rather rugged night at the north rim of the Grand Canyon, this spa/hotel was a godsend. Totally comfortable and even luxurious, though the TV is in an odd location making watching it anywhere but from in the bed impossible. The "restaurant" served fine food though breakfast finishes at 9 AM which is pretty early on vacation. Didn't experience the spa facilities.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Green Valley Spa is lovely in many ways. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The spa offers wonderful messages...The hiking is GREAT!!! With that said,
The weight loss program seems to have taken over the whole spa... There was way too much attention given to weight loss and dieting. In the dining room there is a community table where all the people in the weight loss program dined. Their diet filters out to everyone in the dining room.
Although the food was good, it was sparse...We where hungry!
I felt like I was at a fat farm!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sue s
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel really has an excellent price / quality ratio. We stayed two nights but we would have loved to stay longer and see more of the place if we would have had more time.
We understand that as a spa and resort hotel, this place has a lot of sport and wellness facilities to offer.
Our room was spacious, the beds were good, the bath room spic and span with everything arranged to perfection. Each room has an outside patio, giving access to the swimming pool.
There's also an immense parking space so there are no problems in this respect.

On the negative side we noted that the reception was frosty and not particularly competent when we entered for the first time so we didn't have the feeling to be warmly welcomed.
But on the whole we would have no hesitation whatsoever to recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My reception upon check in was one of the worst hotel/resort experiences of my life.

The three grim faced gentlemen working behind the desk never smiled nor welcomed me (I was pre-registered and prepaid). I was told that they had no record of my prior stay (which had been a wonderful experience) thus no discount. They also informed me that I had registered for two people (um, no) and was there anyone else in my car (this was more of an interrogation than a simple question). I had a ton of luggage and I had to ask for someone to assist me. the man with the golf cart who did assist me was lovely and gave me a nice tour of my room.

My room was as beautiful as I remember. a large, fully appointed casita with a cute patio that leads to the swimming pool. The grounds were a little sad looking although this was probably due to weeks of 90 degrees.

I did not take the meal plan so I cannot comment on the food. But speaking to several other guests, their comments were that the food was very mediocre.

It did not seem like the staff at Green Valley Spa was very happy. And when the staff is not very happy, neither are the guests.

I will not return.

5 Thank Linda H
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

While it was a great place because it was clean and friendly for the most, it was bit pricy for the amenities you would receive elsewhere, given the size of the town this may be the reason itself. Checking in was fine, no baggage help and once settled in I tried to make an appointment for a massage I was disconnected from the front desk and could not reach the desk for the rest of the night. I called the kitchen for room service and it was almost as if they did not do that, but they did at a charge, so I accepted... well the next morning going to the kitchen to eat (a hop skip and a jump away) it was closed and I was offered a apple and string cheese. *(one day I did get breakfast and it was perfect.) I went back to my room and my dishes were still waiting to be washed in my room. Not sure if I was at a spa or a camp ground except the room is nice and the pool was great. (I'm sure I could have found a better place) they let me check out 30 min late at no cost.

1 Thank Eve A
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm ALWAYS scouring trip advisor for reviews on the BEST places to say, and, since there are so many great reviews and tips, I am never disappointed! I am extremely picky when looking for a place to stay outside of Las Vegas.... We have everything here, so I don't settle for less when I travel outside of my town! This resort is literally a 90 minute drive from Las Vegas, and nestled away behind a housing community on the top of a hill... Upon entering the resort, the lobby was so peaceful and quiet! First things first, the room was beyond what I expected... The property is *older*, but everything is updated inside of the room. It's beyond your "standard" hotel room, by far... Two HUGE fluffy, "make you want to lay down and go to sleep" beds.... Nice furniture, flat screen, and a really cool feature: an armoire that secretly hides a microwave, coffee maker, popcorn maker and all your coffee needs... Fresh whole bean coffee, ground decaf, tea and an assortment of sugars. The bathroom has a LARGE jetted tub/shower combination that is great for two! Two pedestal sinks and great Mexican tiled floor. There was also a nice flat screen television and a gas fireplace. I really liked the private gated outdoor sitting area that led to the adult pool. This was a really comfortable and quiet room to stay in! We got a tour of the property from the concierge and the resort has a FULL spa with TONS of amenities. The soaps that are provided in your room are actually designed and created ON SITE in their lab. They have indoor and outdoor tennis courts, and a really cool meditation labryinth. We didn't get a chance to eat at the resort, but look forward to going back and staying in one of the amazing penthouses! Definitely a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wilmette
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Is Green Valley supposed to be a papering spa, a weight loss center, a time-share or a local tennis club? Currently it is all of the above, and they don’t do any of well. In fact, it is a fat farm - and nothing more. Food is calorie controlled, but not fresh or particularly healthy. Spa offers lots of treatments, but they are provided by the same two or three people every day. The front desk is often busy checking in families renting condos on the property, and there is no one on duty after 9 pm.

I’m not sure how Green Valley stays in business, or how it got such great reviews. There were only 8 or 10 guests the week I was there and most were on the extreme weight loss program, so they sat at a separate table and didn’t participate in any of the activities. I was the only one at the daily “Centering Hour” (their meditation class) and there were never more than 2 of us in any fitness class. I also planned to go to the education talk every evening at 5:00, but twice in the first 4 days the instructor never showed up – probably because I was the only one who had signed up to attend.

I booked the Stress Reduction program, and was told that I had to arrive on a Saturday or Sunday in order to attend the orientation and begin the “program.” Well – I was the only person on it – so why all the rigid structure? And that was the ONLY structure. The “program” is simply the room, meals and certain spa treatments that they select and pre-book. There are two counseling sessions with a psychologist that were great – but the rest of the package was really just the spa services, which were pretty lame. I would have preferred a few Swedish or deep tissue massages rather than a Rapunzel Hair Treatment, a Shiatzu massage with acutronics (not a real massage, just the placement of tuning forks on your spine and head) and a Tibetan Bowls sound treatment.

The food was clearly designed to be calorie controlled, fat and salt free (actually it was FULL of salt!), and it was ridiculously repetitive. Every lunch and dinner began with a vegetable soup or a salad with a fat free dressing. For four straight days the “protein option” for lunch AND dinner was either chicken or shrimp. I don’t like shrimp, so after eight meals of chicken I thought I would sprout feathers and cluck! Most dishes (and all the soups) used a vegetable broth made from a powdered base – and the first ingredient listed was salt. So most of the soups and many of the dished tasted too salty for me. Fruit was the same every day, with none of the wonderful summer options like peaches, nectarines or watermelon. They used a lot of frozen mango in desserts, and offered apples. Lots of apples. Because that’s what the folks on the 500 calorie a day program were allowed to eat. It was the middle of summer, yet the tomatoes were under ripe and flavorless, and even the cantaloupe and honeydew melon were hard and tasteless. They really need a better source of produce!

With so few guests, the same two or three fitness instructors taught all of the classes. And there weren’t many to choose from - . only one at any given hour, and no more than 3 or 4 per day. Nothing was offered until 10 or 11 am, so if you didn’t go on the morning hike – there wasn’t much to do.

The same lack of options with the spa staff. I had eight treatments, and four were with the same therapist. She does everything from the Tibetan Bowl sound therapy to lomi-lomi Hawaiian massages and facials. And a spa that doesn’t do manicures or pedicures? Really?

Green Valley might be the place to go for extreme weight management. The 500 calorie a day program has many advocates, and the weight loss is “guaranteed.” But if you are looking for a pampering experience or a nurturing environment that offers good, healthy food – whole grains and fresh fruit and vegetables – go somewhere else!

3 Thank Kathryn B