WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in St. George
New Caney, Texas, United States
“Perfect for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was our third stop of a 10 day trip. We booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo. Full kitchen, full W&D, three tvs, new furniture, tastefully decorated, clean, balcony with table and chairs. We so needed this after tiny hotel rooms! Pool was awesome, lots of restaurants close by. 45 minutes from entrance to Zion National Park. Helpful, polite staff and a great value. Will stay longer next time.

Room Tip: These units are individually owned, so decor, etc will vary.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Allendale, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Green Valley had everything I was looking for - challenging hikes in a beautiful setting, delicious but calorie-controlled food, warm caring staff, and attractive well-thought out facilities. Every person I interacted with was friendly and helpful, and made me feel they had my best interests, and what I wanted to accomplish, at heart. A lovely surprise was the labyrinth on the property, where I was able to enjoy prayer time in the cooling evening beneath a beautiful pink sky.

My room was just as beautiful and well-appointed as pictured.

The whole experience was so restorative - I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: My room had a patio that opened onto the smaller spa pool - I loved that location.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kamyles
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just completed a 30-day stay at GVS, where I participated in their fast-track weight loss program. I lost 20 pounds, which was nice, but more importantly, my cholesterol fell a jaw-dropping 75 points (from 245 to 170) and my fasting glucose, which has been pre-diabetic for the past decade is now at 73, well within normal range. The kitchen staff is fantastic, accommodating at least half-a-dozen special food plans for guests at each meal, always happy to answer questions or fix any problem you might have with a meal. The weight-loss and fitness staff are fantastic, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, practice what they preach, available by text/e-mail/phone when not actually on-site. The hiking guides are the most genial people on the planet, and the hiking is stellar (but July can be a challenging time to be in St. George, with the extreme heat). The guest rooms are luxurious, with the most comfortable bed I've slept on anywhere in the world - you sink into that feather bed and fall right off to dreamland - especially after a nice soak in your large, jetted tub at the end of an active day). I learned how to really deeply rest and relax; I amped up my physical activity as *I* felt ready, healed a chronic shoulder injury and learned a lot of fun ways to stay active (not just traditional gym workouts on boring machines - although those machines are abundantly available if you like using them); I learned how to cook for good health and how to grocery shop for good health; I completely changed my eating habits and lost the sugar cravings that have been making me sick for so many years. You can achieve wonderful stress reduction in a shorter stay, but if you're looking for a total health make-over and you can spend 30 days, Green Valley Spa in St. George is definitely where you want to go. I plan to return *at least* annually for a re-charge, and I'm looking forward to seeing the long-term results of the healthful lifestyle habits I adopted at GVS and as I continue practicing them at home. Just can't rave enough about Green Valley Spa!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms. They all have private patios, most of which open up on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MBJCSLC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were spacious and very clean. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. Loved all the pools. The restaurant was great. Front desk was friendly and very helpful. Only thing we did not like was that they charge $2.00 to play Putt-Putt. Granted $2.00 is not much but should come with the room. Other than that it is a fantastic place.

• Stayed June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

A friend and I stayed at Green Valley Spa for 5 days in May of 2013. The staff were pleasant and efficient upon arrival, providing us with a tour of the facilities and explaining the classes and other amenities we could use. We frequently relied on their recommendations for restaurants and hiking tips in the nearby state and national parks.

St. George is conveniently close to Snow Canyon State Park, Zion National Park and several interesting LDS points of interest. We were up and at 'em every morning by 7:30 to grab a hearty breakfast on property and then off for a daily adventure. Our breakfasts were included but everything else was a la carte. (They have an all inclusive spa package that we didn't do). The resort has daily on property classes and can arrange hiking, biking and other excursions. If you want to sleep in all day and have breakfast at 11, this might not be the place for you.

Since I was traveling with a friend and not as a couple, I was glad to see two huge queen beds in the room, plenty of close space, a well-appointed bathroom, spa robes and a fireplace! Our room had a private terrace and we were steps away from two adult-only pools. The room also had a kitchenette and a fridge where we were able to store food and bevs from a local grocery store. The room was a bungalow style, attached on each side with similar rooms. Nice landscaping of a variety of roses and flowering shrubs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here just one night on the way from San Diego to Denver. Didn't use the spa facilities so can't comment on that but the spa facility rooms looked great. The room was spacious and in the southwest style with a fireplace and a very large bathroom with a jetted tub. Driving up to the front of the the hotel was sort of disappointing since it looks like just a big parking lot. But after getting to the room everything changed. The grounds have rose bushed everywhere and the pool is sparkling. The breakfast was ordered individually and served to us and was one of the best that we have had at a hotel and it was included in the room price. It is a little bit of a drive to get to restaurants for dinner but in the old part of St George there are plenty of good places to eat. The bed was comfortable and had a great night's sleep, We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My girlfriend jumped for joy, when we entered our room at green valley spa. We had just stayed three days in luxury at the Aria in Vegas, and came up to St.George for some outdoor activities. This hotel was a good pick . Green Valley is away form the busy commercial areas of St. George on a hill over looking the west valley. Th room had a gas fire place , fridge, coffee maker, etc. A big comfrey bed,and patio right at the pool. This place very worth the try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple