“Life-changing health programs in a luxurious setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Green Valley Spa and Resort

Green Valley Spa and Resort
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Life-changing health programs in a luxurious setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just completed a 30-day stay at GVS, where I participated in their fast-track weight loss program. I lost 20 pounds, which was nice, but more importantly, my cholesterol fell a jaw-dropping 75 points (from 245 to 170) and my fasting glucose, which has been pre-diabetic for the past decade is now at 73, well within normal range. The kitchen staff is fantastic, accommodating at least half-a-dozen special food plans for guests at each meal, always happy to answer questions or fix any problem you might have with a meal. The weight-loss and fitness staff are fantastic, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, practice what they preach, available by text/e-mail/phone when not actually on-site. The hiking guides are the most genial people on the planet, and the hiking is stellar (but July can be a challenging time to be in St. George, with the extreme heat). The guest rooms are luxurious, with the most comfortable bed I've slept on anywhere in the world - you sink into that feather bed and fall right off to dreamland - especially after a nice soak in your large, jetted tub at the end of an active day). I learned how to really deeply rest and relax; I amped up my physical activity as *I* felt ready, healed a chronic shoulder injury and learned a lot of fun ways to stay active (not just traditional gym workouts on boring machines - although those machines are abundantly available if you like using them); I learned how to cook for good health and how to grocery shop for good health; I completely changed my eating habits and lost the sugar cravings that have been making me sick for so many years. You can achieve wonderful stress reduction in a shorter stay, but if you're looking for a total health make-over and you can spend 30 days, Green Valley Spa in St. George is definitely where you want to go. I plan to return *at least* annually for a re-charge, and I'm looking forward to seeing the long-term results of the healthful lifestyle habits I adopted at GVS and as I continue practicing them at home. Just can't rave enough about Green Valley Spa!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms. They all have private patios, most of which open up on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MBJCSLC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were spacious and very clean. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. Loved all the pools. The restaurant was great. Front desk was friendly and very helpful. Only thing we did not like was that they charge $2.00 to play Putt-Putt. Granted $2.00 is not much but should come with the room. Other than that it is a fantastic place.

• Stayed June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

A friend and I stayed at Green Valley Spa for 5 days in May of 2013. The staff were pleasant and efficient upon arrival, providing us with a tour of the facilities and explaining the classes and other amenities we could use. We frequently relied on their recommendations for restaurants and hiking tips in the nearby state and national parks.

St. George is conveniently close to Snow Canyon State Park, Zion National Park and several interesting LDS points of interest. We were up and at 'em every morning by 7:30 to grab a hearty breakfast on property and then off for a daily adventure. Our breakfasts were included but everything else was a la carte. (They have an all inclusive spa package that we didn't do). The resort has daily on property classes and can arrange hiking, biking and other excursions. If you want to sleep in all day and have breakfast at 11, this might not be the place for you.

Since I was traveling with a friend and not as a couple, I was glad to see two huge queen beds in the room, plenty of close space, a well-appointed bathroom, spa robes and a fireplace! Our room had a private terrace and we were steps away from two adult-only pools. The room also had a kitchenette and a fridge where we were able to store food and bevs from a local grocery store. The room was a bungalow style, attached on each side with similar rooms. Nice landscaping of a variety of roses and flowering shrubs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here just one night on the way from San Diego to Denver. Didn't use the spa facilities so can't comment on that but the spa facility rooms looked great. The room was spacious and in the southwest style with a fireplace and a very large bathroom with a jetted tub. Driving up to the front of the the hotel was sort of disappointing since it looks like just a big parking lot. But after getting to the room everything changed. The grounds have rose bushed everywhere and the pool is sparkling. The breakfast was ordered individually and served to us and was one of the best that we have had at a hotel and it was included in the room price. It is a little bit of a drive to get to restaurants for dinner but in the old part of St George there are plenty of good places to eat. The bed was comfortable and had a great night's sleep, We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My girlfriend jumped for joy, when we entered our room at green valley spa. We had just stayed three days in luxury at the Aria in Vegas, and came up to St.George for some outdoor activities. This hotel was a good pick . Green Valley is away form the busy commercial areas of St. George on a hill over looking the west valley. Th room had a gas fire place , fridge, coffee maker, etc. A big comfrey bed,and patio right at the pool. This place very worth the try.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dallfine
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We made a reservation to stay at Las Palmas in a 4 bedroom 3 bath condo. The process of booking the condo and giving my money went smoothly. After they had my credit card information it went downhill.
We were told we could be in the condo between 4-5pm. Which is an unusually late check in but we took what we could get. Spring Break in St. George is pretty booked so we were happy to have a nice place to stay. I checked in and they told me the condo might not be ready until after 5 but that we could have access to their facilities. They said it in a way that made me think their facilities were something we would be excited about having access to. It was more of a community pool style bathroom with a run down shower and a few lockers in a cramped room. Our group alone couldn't fit well in there and that was for the whole resort.
We had 10 kids including 2 babies and had just come off a really long drive. We had planned to do dinner in the condo that night and looked forward to checking in and relaxing and getting the kids settled somewhere. We figured we could do anything for a few hours, got the kids in their swimsuits and headed out to the pools. At 5.15 I called and they told me it was not ready yet but would be soon. At 6pm I still hadn't heard and they told me it was almost done. At 6.30 I called and asked if we could get in to at least start cooking our dinner (which I had been telling them we were planning on since the beginning of the day when I was hoping for an early check in). She said the unit was still not ready. I asked if we could at least go and put a baby down for a nap and asked her where they were in the process. I asked her to please call housekeeping and give me a time. She put me on hold for a while and then came back on to let me know they had just STARTED cleaning our room. We had tired, hungry kids, which is our own fault except for that we had planned our evening around the GUARANTEED check in time of 5:00. I was livid and so were the other moms. They told me they would call me when it was ready. I won't bore everyone with details about our crazy and frustrating night but I will just say that by the time we got in to the condo - 8:00 PM we were done. They told me I could talk to a manager in the morning.
The manager was less than helpful. She told me they had a lot of rooms to clean and that we were unfortunately the last thing. She didn't apologize or even seem to understand that we had paid a LOT of money to have a place to eat dinner at a condo rather than a restaurant wrangling a lot of kids. She comped me our cleaning fee which didn't even cover the cost of our dinner that we had to buy because they did not live up to their side of the contract.
I was very disappointed that they did not offer anything to us to let us know that this is NOT how they do business. It was more of a "this happens" attitude. I would love to stay at Las Palmas again as we had a great time and they have great facilities but I would NEVER stay in a condo managed by Green Valley. I would advise everyone to be very careful of this managment company as they are dishonest, and do not care that they don't do what they say they will do. I feel sorry for the owner of unit 806 because it is a really lovely condo and had we not had such a terrible experience with the managment company we would be trying to rebook that specific condo a lot.

• Liked — the las palmas pools and the view from our condo.
  • Disliked — green valley managment company
  • Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank HavKidsWilTravel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just returned after spending two nights at the spa. We were very warmly greeted. Andy the concierge (seemingly jack of all trades) was terrific in showing us around the grounds and giving us a couple spot on restaurant recommendations. While we enjoyed the spa, the treatment was well above average even if the spa itself is not as nice as we were expecting, the reason for the strong rating was our hiking experience. I spoke to Mark, the head of that department, before we arrived and while we weren't completely sure what to expect when we got there, we were blown away. Our guides, we hired a private guide (turned out to be two), since we were going to be taking our kids, girls ages 8 and 10, with us. Michelle and Josh absolutely made our day. They have kids of their own and were great with ours. Our kids now love hiking, can't wait to go back, and we will recommend Michelle and Josh to anyone who asks. You can't go wrong any where in St. George, but Green Valley is definitely among the elite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family