“Five days of rest and relaxation”

Green Valley Spa and Resort
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“Five days of rest and relaxation”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Just returned from a five day stay as a spa guest with a friend. Two bedroom unit was great and hiking incredible and staff extremely friendly and food great too. Massage services and afternoon lectures and meditation sessions were excellent too. Highly recommend this spa.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susanslerner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Princeton, NJ
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I am a bit conflicted in reviewing this spa. We stayed in as daily rate guests instead of as a package which was much cheaper and would allow us to test the waters and decide for our next visit.

They were very helpful in going over the offerings on the phone to help me determine which type of guest would be most cost affective. And during our stay, everyone we encountered was similarly friendly and kind

Arrival - we pulled into the parking lot, unloaded our luggage and made our way to the front door tired and exhausted from traveling all day and a long flight from the east coast. ONly to be created at the door by someone to tell us to take our bags back to the car since we will be going to the opposite part of the lot for our rooms. - Already I was not feeling the vibe.

At reception, I asked about the offerings for the next day because I understood that not everything is offered every day. I knew I wanted cooking and yoga and would be willing to try for a nice full day if those were included. (there is a flat price per day for attendance at almost all the activities). The woman at the desk did not know. When I called from the room to ask again I was told they forgot to give me a schedule for the next day and I should come to the reception in the am. - No, sorry, they should have slid one under my door.

ROOMS -Positives - spacious and cozy and clean, plush bedding and gas fireplace was on. Standard high end amenities although (negatives - ) there was no robe which would have been helpful to go to the hot tub/pool. There was not a stand alone shower and I had to climb over and into the Jacuzzi tub for the shower. I am getting too old for this and I warn you to call ahead and ask if there is a room with separate shower if you are a bit older or less agile.
POOL and HOT TUB - we did not use it, even though it was right outside our back door and looked inviting on a very cool night with the steam rising. Entrance to the pool area is at one end only and there was no way I wanted to trek in a bathing suit , in the cold without a robe and only a towel to get wet and trek back. Not the worst thing but I just wasn't into it.
FOOD - This is what this spa has a reputation for, delicious health food and it was.
FACILITY - the main house is very lovely and inviting and holds the dining hall, spa, reception, gym... I did not take any classes so I cannot be a judge in this area. But the classes I saw looked inviting. SPA - Loved my treatments but again, some negatives: They ask that you shower pre massage with a disinfectant and body scrub. That sounded smart even if I never heard of it before. BUT, having someone wait for you to come out of the shower was uncomfortable and having someone load a washcloth for you with the scrub and soap did not make me feel cared and pampered but like I was not being trusted. Then you enter this outdated shower where the door opens against the towel and chair so you have no choice but to walk around the shower door dripping all over the floor to get to your stuff. Just strange and poor design and the woman was not very friendly or even smiling. I kept wondering if I was taking too long... AND they give you a bag, like the ones in grocery stores that are reusable, to put your belongings in and take to your massage. When my massage was complete I was asked for the bag. TACKY!

Outside facility - granted this was off season so .... The buildings seemed a bit old, you have to walk throughout the large parking lot to get from the main building to the rooms which are all ground floor in long rows. The water fountain was off (again off season perhaps). no beautiful views or vistas but if you spend most of your time indoors, what does it matter?

Hiking - There are wonderful places to hike and walk in the area and Zion is not that far. If you are traveling with someone then there is no need for the guide unless maybe it is the van you want. On one of our Zion hikes, we arrived the same time as a van from the Red Mountain Spa. The began the hike at the same time as us but were done much sooner. It did not seem like they stopped to admire anything just there and back. Almost like a goal to accomplish. If this is the typical hike and you are not that type of hiker, be sure to inquire before you book.

In Summary - I may come back here again if the price is right because I am often in St George. But, if you are coming specifically here for the Spa, do your research. As a strong positive, This place is very low key and the guests were all unassuming. I really really liked that!

Room Tip: a room close to the entrance to the hot tub and pool is also a room furthest from the main house...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Travel4Joy
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Just spent a long weekend hiking in the beautiful red rock country in St. George, UT. I went with a friend, and we shared a lovely, well appointed room at the Green Valley Spa and Resort. The hiking guides are top notch, very friendly, patient and intuitive about what hiking level is appropriate for you on any given day. I also had spa treatments each day, which were very good as well. The dining experience at Green Valley may underwhelm; the food choices are very limited, but what we had was fairly good. That said, the staff in the dining room (as everywhere at the hotel) was warm and welcoming. I would return, if only for the amazing hiking, accompanied by the great guides at Green Valley Spa.

Room Tip: Coyote Inn rooms are the best
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ElaineH94301
Riverton, Utah
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was a WOW experience from start to finish. Beautiful, luxurious, private and relaxing. Couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. Even though the resort was near capacity, we felt like we were the only ones there. Many activities available, but we were mostly interested in taking it easy. The staff was particularly friendly and knowledgeable and interested in making our stay enjoyable. Loved it all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rory J
Seattle
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Wonderful resort, wonderful service & food. But, be sure you have all your cost details given to you in writing, including the verbal agreements.

Room Tip: Explore all options & take advantage of available photos along with info on the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank C L
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Just returned from a wonderful week at the Green Valley Spa!

The hiking was amazing. Even though I wasn't crazy about the 7 am hike time, once I was out on the trail everything was perfect. Every day was a new hike - each hike better than the day before. Mark and his staff were able to handle our two very different skill levels quite nicely.

I can't believe how good low calorie food can taste! My husband has a real sweet tooth and would end every meal by asking what "off menu" items were available and the food staff brought out treats for him. We found the food staff very accommodating.

Another fun thing about the dining was the common dining table for those that wanted to mingle. It was so fun chatting with everyone and learning about the different activities available at the spa. We really lucked out and met the most interesting and friendly people there.

We were on the all inclusive option and wanted to sample all of the spas classes and presentations. We learned a lot during the different sessions.

Our room was very large and comfortable with a large well stocked bathroom. The twice daily maid service was also nice.

The spa treatments were heavenly!

There were no negatives during our stay. The staff were all friendly, positive and interested in the guests having a great and relaxing experience.

We would go back each month if we could!

A special thank you to Mike and Mark whose gentle natures and positive outlooks are an example for all to emulate.

Thanks for the great stay! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rachel_95762
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I've spent time at a number of spas and I have to say none of the others come close to the hiking at Green Valley. Amazing. Padre Canyon remains one of favorite hikes of all time. I loved the food. If one serving was not enough, all you had to do was ask for another. While the room was beautiful and spacious, the walls were paper thin and I could hear everything going on in the room next door. I found the spa treatments to be somewhat inconsistent -- a few were fabulous, others not so much. Every staff member I encountered was kind, helpful and welcoming.

Room Tip: The rooms were a problem -- paper thin walls made it almost impossible to relax & sleep if you h...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends