“Overpriced for what it offers”

Days Inn St. George
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The room had nice flooring, the bed was decent, the free breakfast was OK and the swimming pool was really nice. But I felt that the room smelled stale and the furnishings were not as nice as expected for the price we paid... the toilet was disgusting (set too close to the wall and the seat would not stay up cause the tank was attached crookedly) and the TV was very old. Next time in St. George I plan to spend about $10 more to stay at a facility with twice the rating, newer and nicer facilities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
daysinnstgeorge, Webmaster at Days Inn St. George, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn for Lehi for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated as it would help us to improve our services further.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. We thank your comment on the bed, breakfast and the pool.

• The maintenance staffs have been instructed to check all the amenities like the TV and other things. They have been instructed to ensure that they are in the best condition.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will definitely consider us during your next stay and feel the change.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed October 14, 2012

the room we had was nicely appointed, very clean and very quiet. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was good but I wish they had more cereal choices than the sugar coated kids stuff. But overall, I thought it was a nice stay and I would use again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Whatever you do, don't give your real phone number to any Days Inn. I stayed here not too long ago and have started getting calls from a number in Arkansas--- I found out it is a cold calling Vacation Scam and if you had stayed at a Days Inn, your phone number was made open game. Mine is a relatively new cell phone number that I have protected really well...no sales calls for almost a year...accept for this 501 number now calling me because this Days inn sold it to them. Really rotten.
I wish I could say that the stay was worth it...NOT! This is a dirty rotten hotel with dirty bathrooms and filthy everything. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We are investigating the telephone call related issue and have taken necessary steps to avoid such unpleasant incidence. We care for the confidentiality and privacy of our guests and apologize for the unlikely experience mentioned by you.

We have engaged a professional cleaning team, with a strict instruction to check the rooms and amenities of the room before checking in a new guest.

We request you to make a note of our efforts and consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I've always enjoyed staying at Days Inn Hotels. The Days Inn in Saint George has a beautiful pool and Jacuzzi. It is clean and the majority of staff were pleasant and helpful. However, when we first arrived the Desk Clerk (David) treated my father and I with extreme disrespect. He had no sense of humor, what’s so ever. He rolled his eyes and was very demeaning to both of us. I don’t understand why someone who would treat a senior citizen so poorly would be greeting people as they have come to enjoy a night at the Days Inn. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heidi H
daysinnstgeorge, Webmaster at Days Inn St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn St. George for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for telling us that you found the staff to be very helpful. I would have expected nothing less from them, but it is always nice to hear.

• Staff was informed of the nice comment you made about them and received our commendation.

We apologize for the behavior of Front Desk manager the way he treated to you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn St. George. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Finding the hotel was easy and checking in was fine, but when we arrived to the room, the air conditioning hadn't been turned on yet. Mind you, it was 95 degrees that day in St. George, UT, and took about four hours to sufficiently cool down the room.
The showerhead in the bathroom was about a foot too low, making it difficult for someone 5'5 or taller to get a normal shower in. The drain in the shower was very slow and a pool of water began sitting in the tub of the shower.
I have had good experiences in Days Inn hotels before, but this one fell short of what I expected. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stephanie_zoltowski

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn St. George for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was notified of the problems which you experienced with the showerhead in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair or replacement.