WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Oak Ridge, Tn
“The Nicest Place For the Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm in the middle of the three day stay, and I must say I have totally impressed with this place. The front desk clerk let me check in around noon because the room was ready, and I was so appreciative. After spending the night traversing through Death Valley and then a 7 hour return drive through Barstow, I was exhasted and really needed some peace and quiet and rest.

The room had a king size bed, nice flat screen, refrigerator, microwave, etc., and a wall thermostat that actually kept the room at the temperature I selected. The AC worked perfectly, and in this climate (99F for a high) a good air conditioner is a must for an enjoyable stay.

This morning for breakfast there were two very hard-working staff members keeping everything stocked, cleaned and fresh. It was almost like eating at Mom's, only these two ladies didn't tell me to sit up straight and get my elbows off of the table. But they were very nice, congenial and attentive, and when the manager did a walk-through to check on things (how often do you see that?), I spoke to him. I told him what a well-run organization he has, and I complimented the efforts of the two ladies handling breakfast.

I know you can spend more money, and I am sure there are fancier accomodations in St. George, but for the price paid, this has been the nicest, cleanest and quietest room I've ever had.

Room Tip: This does have two floors, and I haven't seen an elevator, so if stairs pose a problem, be sure...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and I appreciate all of your kind words. I hope when you find yourself in the area again that the Clarion Suites will be your first choice. By the way we do have an elevator just in case you are on the second floor. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Everett, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The grounds are clean and well kept. Polite and helpful staff. Clean rooms... all at a reasonable price. They care about their property and it shows. There is a restaurant and fast food close by and it's easy to find off the interstate.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms with exterior doors make load in and load out easy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We always try to offer a clean room, comfortable surroundings with a full hot breakfast at a reasonable price. I hope we get the chance to have you as guests again very soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We travel from Utah to California a couple times a year, and choose to stop and stay here. The lobby is open 24 hours a day, so when the weather or traffic doesn't cooperate with our arrival plans, we know we still have a room waiting for us. When we have arrived late and request late check-out the next morning, the staff have always been very accommodating. They haven't charged extra fees for this service either. Their breakfast has a lot of variety and the space is open and has plenty of seating. (At some hotels I feel like I'm being crammed in a back closet to have breakfast when the space is small or closed off). We have stayed here half a dozen times or so and never had a bad experience with anything, or anyone here.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I appreciate that the clarion suites is your hotel choice when you find yourself in St. George on your trips. I am also pleased that you are taken care of by my staff and that you enjoy our breakfast area and food. Hope to see you again very soon.
Herriman, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to California and I was happy with their accomodations. We were able to sleep 6 comfortably with their pull out sofa bed. They also have a nice breakfast. This is a nice perk that I didn't expect. I'm a choice hotels preferred member so I also received free wifi and they let me check out at 1pm. This helped out a lot since I had a business meeting to attend and I needed to leave my family at the hotel. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us recently on your trip to California. I am pleased that the family suite worked for you and that you enjoyed are full hot breakfast. We value our choice privilege members and our always happy to extend a late check out upon request. Hope to see you again very soon.
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

St George was our seventh night of driving across country with 4 kids. What a great experience to finish off the trip. Rooms, pool area, and breakfast room was very clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast had the most variety and taste compared to the previous 6 meals. Pool setting was very inviting and the kids had a great time. Thank you St George Clarion for giving us a great last night.

Room Tip: Ask for interior room. The odd room numbers face inward towards the pool and aren't road side.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am pleased that we were your last stop and best hotel in your trip. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast variety and that the kids enjoyed the pool. Hope to see you again very soon.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Excellent location. Good breakfast offerings. Super friendly and helpful staff. The pool, though not large, is excellent and very well maintained. I would stay there again next time I am in St George.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for choosing the Clarion Suites while in St. George. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we are your only choice going forward when in the area.
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Always have a great experience. Property is clean, staff is helpful. Breakfast has a variety of foods to choose from and the breakfast staff is always friendly. Check-in and check-out was speedy and friendly. Have stayed at the Clarion multiple times and have always had a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your visits with us and look forward to many more stays. I appreciate your input as this tells us what we are doing correctly and where we can improve. See you soon.