“Great stay”

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Placentia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

At our 2nd time stay at clarion, st. George was just great as before. We enjoyed the room, pool, hot tub and complimentary breakfast. For the advance purchase price, this place is more then great. Staff is very good as well. For some reason my check out shows that we ordered movie or TV show, which we didn't so manager took our words for it and waived the charges.
Over all this place is very comfortable and I highly recommend this place to any one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Parul P
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us again and I am very pleased that your second stay was just as great as your first. I hope that you will make it a third time very soon and that whenever you find yourself coming to St. George that we are your home away from home. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We are a family of four with two sons who are 20 and 22. I was happy to find a room at Clarion Suites that had two queens and a sofa sleeper. This worked well for our two sons who appreciate having their own bed. We were greeted by a friendly staff. The front desk had cookies, ice cold lemon water, and fresh fruit there for the taking. We also grabbed a free newspaper. Since we are Clarion members we were also given some cold water bottles and microwave popcorn. Our room was very nice. Pleasantly decorated and very clean. It was hot in St. George, but our AC performed wonderfully. The room included a small frig and microwave. The breakfast was good, with a lot of variety. I thought the bed was super comfortable, with quality pillows. All in all, I highly recommend a stay at Clarion Suites when you are in St. George.

Room Tip: For a family you might light to make sure you get the room with two queens and the sofa bed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your stay with others. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the family suite worked well for you and your family. I hope your family will stay with us again very soon. Thank you also for being a Choice Privileges Member and look forward to your loyalty points soon that you earned for your stay.
madhatcher
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times. I am a Choice Privileges reward member and so I stay at a lot of choice hotels. I get treated quite well at all of them...however, this was a step above the rest! The staff treated me so well and it was really nice! The rooms are always in very good condition, clean, spacious, comfortable. And again...I just can't stress it enough, the staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. That means a lot!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the clarion suites and for being a choice privileages member. We value all our guests and I am pleased that my staff took care of you. I will share your comments with the staff and tell them to keep it up. Being a choice privileages member you probley know that we are a platinum award winning hotel for the past two years and hope to keep that going. Please tell your friends to try us out when in the area and I hope to see you again very soon. Safe Travels.
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I read ratings on this hotel before I booked and it had pretty good ones so I decided to go with it. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the process of checking in and out was quick! The location was convenient and right off the freeway and the breakfast was good as well. The room and bathroom were not very clean at all though. There were some bugs flying around, as well as crawling on the floor and there was food left on the floor from someone before. The shower didn't drain well and had things floating around in it. I had higher expectations for the room itself, but maybe just booked on a bad day, as it seems to be a nice hotel otherwise and has many other good ratings. I stayed at a different Clarion in another city the day before and it was great :)!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for alerting me about your recent stay. I apologize that we were not up to the quality you should have received and that we strive to offer everyday. As you stated, my reviews are always great and that is why we are a platinum award winning hotel with choice hotels. I will investigate and have a meeting with my management staff to see where we went wrong. I hope that you will try us again as we always strive to offer a clean and comfortable room at a great price. Once again I personally apologize and will make sure going forward that this does not happen again.
Provo, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were driving to CA, and stopped here for 1 night. Located right off the highway, with restaurants and gas stations very close by. Our room had 2 Queen beds and a Queen sleeper sofa. We also set up a pack n play, and there was still room for the kids to play. The pool and hot tub were well maintained, and larger than we expected. Free breakfast was really nice - lots of choices! We liked it so much that we stopped here again on our way home.

Room Tip: Choose a room without a connecter door if possible...during our second stay, we could hear the peopl...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stays with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the family suite and the full hot breakfast. Thank you also for staying with us on your return trip home. I hope we see you again very soon.
Spanish Fork, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We visited during an extreme heat wave in late June. The room was very comfortable in both temperature and furnishing. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi type bathtub. The king bed was comfortable. There was also a large flat-screen television with a game console. The staff was friendly and helpful. A hot breakfast was another welcome feature. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at the clarion suites. I agree that we are getting a heat wave right now so we make sure that the air conditioners are working correctly so that your room can be comfortable. I hope when in the area again that we will be your first choice.
Lehi, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had stayed at The Clarion last year in June when we brought the kids to see the plays at Tuachan. We booked adjoining rooms, which we were given each time. Since it was two friends with their kids, this allowed times of free roaming between rooms, and times of privacy and sleep.
The kids enjoyed the pool, swimming each day we were there. The breakfast bar offered good variety so that everyone could find items they liked. The waffle makers were an especially big hit.
The hotel is in a good location for travelers and visitors. The second night we returned from the play to discover that the AC was not functioning in my room. It was over 100 degrees that day. After calling the main desk, someone came to check things out within just a few minutes. Unable to resolve the problem quickly, he called the maintenance man, who was there in a few minutes, as promised. He ended up changing out the whole unit to a brand new one. That really only added 15 minutes to the problem resolution. It was my preference to resolve the problem and still stay in our room, if possible, since that kept the kids together when they wanted to be.
The hotel staff did a good job from front desk, to cleaning, to maintenance, to keeping the breakfast bar area clean and stocked. We will book there again for next summer's plays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again this year. I apologize for the A/C going out in one of your rooms. This can happen when we hit 115 degrees and I apologize again. I am very pleased that the staff took care of the situation very quickly and had maintenance there to fix the issue in a timely manner. I look forward to your stay next year.