“Great Place to Stay”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Breakfast here is probably the best of any hotel in Southern Utah. The hotels in this area stay competative by offering great free hot breakfasts and so only stay at hotels in the area that provide it free. This one is probably the best. They have a large variety of items, hot and cold. Waffles and Cinnamon rolls are great. Expect something different every morning in their hot trays. The pool is great too. it has an exercise room and the rooms are outside entry but overall feels safe and are decent. Beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside are quieter because they are not facing the pool area. Overall won't have...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast as we keep adding items to improve the variety and hope you will come back soon and see what we have added.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stopped here April 21, 2013 on our way to Zion National Park. I chose this hotel to hopefully avoid some of the issues that one might encounter at a cheaper hotel chain. Unfortunately, two hours after checking into the hotel, I woke up with no fewer than 6 extremely irritated bug bites. These were clearly bed bug bites. Anyone who has ever encountered bed bugs knows exactly what the bites look and feel like.

I immediately left the hotel and was told that no refund could be made -- the reason given was that the hotel was booked online via a travel site. I contacted the travel site, who subsequently contacted the hotel. The manager refused to issue a refund on the stay because he was personally unable to locate bed bugs in the hotel room.

Bed bugs are hard or impossible to locate -- this is why they persist. There is no other reason in the world that I would check in to a hotel at 10pm and leave at 1230a. This is just unacceptable.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with bed bugs
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank schoeffer2

I apologize that you had an unpleasant stay with us. I left 4 or 5 messages to speak with you regarding your stay but I am sorry that we never connected. I take the accusation of bed bugs in my hotel very seriously. No hotel is immune to them from a one star to five star hotel. They are brought in by customers and can be attained from a plane seat, public seating area or various locations. Your reservation was booked through a third party website so we did not charge your credit card. I investigated the room you stayed in very thoroughly and found no evidence of any bugs. I am not saying your claim is false but I found no evidence of bugs. I want you to know that I had my pest control company treat the room for bugs which is a very expensive process to make sure there is no chance of this for any future guests. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss further as I would prefer a personal call instead of using a public forum. Once again, I apologize for your stay and would like to make it right with you so that you will try us again. Regards, Don Fritschle, General Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed over for 8 nights on a golf trip. Excellent accommodations, clean rooms, accommodating staff! The exterior is very clean, the pool is perfectly maintained and heated. The hot breakfast is excellent! I would give them a 10 out of 5.
Don't forget to try the Black Bear restaurant, excellent food and prices at walking distance.

Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Yves from Sherbrooke, Quebec

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and hope that you really enjoyed all the great golf that St. George has to offer. I hope that when you decide on your next golf getaway that the Clarion Suites will be your first call. Safe travels and may you birdie every hole.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was the 2nd time our family has stayed in this hotel. Again we were completely satisfied with our stay. The rooms are very nice, the pool was fun and the ladies who run the breakfast in the morning are more than welcoming.
This property has been a great pit stop on our Alberta to California road trip both times. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2013
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience at the Clarion Suites. We try to offer a comfortable clean room with a great breakfast and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your high recommend for other travelers and hope that the Clarion Suites will always be your hotel choice when traveling between Canada and the USA. Please come back soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would rate this property a 5 instead of 4 but this property has outside doors. Spent one night in St. George and ate dinner at the restaurant on site (very good). There was a meeting of the Utah State Police, which made my wife feel better about the outside door.

They originally wanted to put us on the second floor but there is no elevator and the staff was VERY accommodating in changing us to a first floor room. All-in-all a very nice, clean room and a very accommodating and friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased that my staff took care of your needs and moved you to a first floor room. I apologize if the staff did not tell you that we do have an elevator on the property. I hope you will try us again very soon

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a clean room. The service I received was great. The staff was very friendly. The pool area was clean as well as was the surrounding parking lot and building. The complimentary breakfast offered the most choices I have ever seen.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for the great review and appreciated all the compliments on the staff, pool and full hot breakfast that you pointed out. We are always listening to our guests on what they would like to see at our breakfast and I am very pleased that you felt we offered so much. Please remember us and tell your friends to come check us out.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Really pleasant surprise. Regretted only spending one day in St George. We had a really friendly welcome from staff with cookies in the reception which kept the kids busy while we did the check in thing. The staff were great really helpful. Loved the room good size for our family. Breakfast was great too something for my fussy eaters. Really loved this stop over.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the comfortable room for your family and the full hot breakfast. I hope you will come back soon and make the Clarion Suites a destination and not just a stop over. Safe travels.