“Make us feel at home”

Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Make us feel at home”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed over for 8 nights on a golf trip. Excellent accommodations, clean rooms, accommodating staff! The exterior is very clean, the pool is perfectly maintained and heated. The hot breakfast is excellent! I would give them a 10 out of 5.
Don't forget to try the Black Bear restaurant, excellent food and prices at walking distance.

Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Yves from Sherbrooke, Quebec

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and hope that you really enjoyed all the great golf that St. George has to offer. I hope that when you decide on your next golf getaway that the Clarion Suites will be your first call. Safe travels and may you birdie every hole.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was the 2nd time our family has stayed in this hotel. Again we were completely satisfied with our stay. The rooms are very nice, the pool was fun and the ladies who run the breakfast in the morning are more than welcoming.
This property has been a great pit stop on our Alberta to California road trip both times. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2013
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience at the Clarion Suites. We try to offer a comfortable clean room with a great breakfast and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your high recommend for other travelers and hope that the Clarion Suites will always be your hotel choice when traveling between Canada and the USA. Please come back soon.
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would rate this property a 5 instead of 4 but this property has outside doors. Spent one night in St. George and ate dinner at the restaurant on site (very good). There was a meeting of the Utah State Police, which made my wife feel better about the outside door.

They originally wanted to put us on the second floor but there is no elevator and the staff was VERY accommodating in changing us to a first floor room. All-in-all a very nice, clean room and a very accommodating and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am pleased that my staff took care of your needs and moved you to a first floor room. I apologize if the staff did not tell you that we do have an elevator on the property. I hope you will try us again very soon
Salt Lake
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a clean room. The service I received was great. The staff was very friendly. The pool area was clean as well as was the surrounding parking lot and building. The complimentary breakfast offered the most choices I have ever seen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for the great review and appreciated all the compliments on the staff, pool and full hot breakfast that you pointed out. We are always listening to our guests on what they would like to see at our breakfast and I am very pleased that you felt we offered so much. Please remember us and tell your friends to come check us out.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Really pleasant surprise. Regretted only spending one day in St George. We had a really friendly welcome from staff with cookies in the reception which kept the kids busy while we did the check in thing. The staff were great really helpful. Loved the room good size for our family. Breakfast was great too something for my fussy eaters. Really loved this stop over.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the comfortable room for your family and the full hot breakfast. I hope you will come back soon and make the Clarion Suites a destination and not just a stop over. Safe travels.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Not a great experience, The staff were indifferent to our requests and were not helpful in terms of how to get the guy with canes to the room, in fact it was clear they didn't care at all. The room itself looked onto a wall. It was clearly and is clearly a place catering to large families but that added to the noise level. Breakfast was generous at least. But to be fair, St. George was just a way-station on our trip and our expectations were low.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't look onto a wall...or one that isn't halfway down a long corrido...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and concern. The Platinum Clarion Suites ranks high on customer service and I am disapointed that you were not satisfied. We care about all our guests and try to the best of our ability to accommodate all customer requests. Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope you will give us another try when passing through St. George again and please call me directly so that I can make sure that your needs are taken care of. Don Fritschle, GM
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've stayed here a few times previously and had a great experience each time. The physical facility is older and has limitations. However, it is extremely well maintained with caring staff and excellent management. For the last two years, Choice Hotels has deemed this a platinum award winner. To me, it's more like a Comfort Suites. I stay at lots of hotels and for the money, this is the best value for a family or business in St. George. Another point, stay away from the Comfort Inn. It's a nicer, newer property, but really mismanaged.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments and for pointing out our Platinum Award for the past two years as a Clarion Suites. We are proud to say that we have been a award winning hotel for over 10 years now with Choice Hotels. Platinum hotels are the top 3% of Choice Hotels nationwide for customer service along with condition and cleanliness. We are also very excited to say that we are up for the Inn of the Year for Choice Hotels for the second year running and hope to be the winnner next month in May. I hope we will see you again very soon.