“The Place to Stay for the St George Marathon”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had booked the hotel for when I ran the St George Marathon. The hotel is spotless, the rooms are great suites, with a couch and sitting area. The pool is nice, and the hot-tub was perfect after my run. Even with all that being in place, the staff were incredible, and did many extras for the racers. The General Manager, Don Fritschle, even brought an item up to our room when we called down for something. On race day, the hotel had an early breakfast for the runners, at 3:00AM! They also had a shuttle available to take us to the race.
There is a gravel parking area for larger vehicles at the back of the property.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. Your kind words are much appreciated. The Clarion Suites staff and I look forward to the St. George marathon participants every year and enjoy offering our special runners breakfast and complimentary shuttle. I hope you will sign up for next years marathon and choose the clarion suites for your hotel of choice. Please come back soon.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Suites

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Comfortable, nicely decorated, good sized rooms. Big surprise: plenty of light in the bathroom! The TV, refrigerator and closet area were all enclosed in cabinetry, giving a sleek and neat appearance. There were plenty of towels and pillows. We felt that the king sized bed could have been firmer. We didn't use the pool or eat breakfast but both looked clean and neat. We weren't able to access the WiFi from our room-maybe too far from the signal source, but not an issue for our one night stay. In short, very good but not extraordinary, better than most of this type.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rcatesby
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I hope you will come back soon and stay longer so you can take advantage of our fabulous breakfast and refreshing pool. I do apologize that you had trouble accessing our wireless internet. I just as of yesterday have upgraded our wireless to a faster speed and I do have 13 access points throughout the hotel so that all guests will have a quick and easy access to the free wi-fi. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This motel just keep getting better and better! Rooms are clean, beds and pillows are comfey, staff is helpful and friendly, pool is sparkling and the breakfast is delish! One tiny little suggestion to the motel: Invest in some high thread count sheets :) We are staying there again in October on our way to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Poolside is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. I really do appreciate your comments as they tell us what we are doing right and how we can improve. I look forward to your upcoming stay in October. See you soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

During my stay here I left my ring inside the room and it was gone after the maids left. When I talked to the manager about it he was very unreasonable and unhelpful. Not only did he stand behind his housekeeping 100% even after their stories kept changing and they admitted to not fully cleaning the room that day. They don't have safes in the room or any way to protect your stuff. Just be safe with your stuff if you stay there. We also heard many comments on the odor of the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I empathize with you and your lost ring. The hotel does offer safe deposit boxes at no charge if needed. My team knows that I will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law for any theft of a guests property. I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves and wish a speedy recovery for your lost ring.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel. The Beds were very comfortable, I loved them. I usually don't sleep well in hotels, but I did both nights I stayed there. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. We were not able to take advantage of the pool or breakfast since we were only their long enought to sleep and shower, but both look great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I love to hear that you got a great night sleep with our comfortable beds as that is the most important aspect when staying at a hotel. Please come back soon and stay with us again so you can take advantage of our full hot breakfast and refreshing pool. See you soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed one night at the Clarion Suites and were very pleased with our accommodations. Upon check-in the hotel staff was extremely friendly! Since we were traveling with our pet, they also provided us with an envelope containing several little dog biscuits and a letter addressed to our "furry friend" with instructions on where we could exercise our dog! Our room was clean and the grounds were pleasing. There was ample parking just outside our room which made it convenient for carrying in luggage, etc. The room was quiet in spite of the fact that it was near the highway. We did not use the hotel pool or spa, but the areas looked clean and there were families with small children enjoying the facilities. We walked across the parking lot to the Black Bear Diner for dinner which features a "home cooked" menu. We found a USA Today paper at our front door the following morning and enjoyed reading that with our breakfast. Breakfast consisted of a hot egg scramble with sausage, yogurt, various breads, waffle maker, juice and coffee. We would definitely stay here again when in St. George.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. The clarion suites staff appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again very soon. Please note that if you need a pet room (dog) in the future to call the hotel directly to check availability as I have a limited amount of pet friendly rooms and they have to be booked directly with the hotel. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The motel I usually stay in while visiting St.George was booked for the weekend. I searched for another and saw good ratings for this motel so decided to give it a try, and I'm glad i did! The room was as good as some 4-star Hotel rooms I've stayed in. Clean, quiet, room with all the amenities. The staff was kind to point out good restaurant choices in the area, and alerted me as soon as a package was delivered to the front counter for me. The housekeeping staff was friendly as well as the breakfast personnel who gave us some ideas of things to see locally that most tourists miss. Great Motel, Great Price, Great Service -- what more could one ask for? I would definitely stay here again and invite others to do so as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Computerizing
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

We at the Clarion Suites are happy that your usual hotel was not available and you gave us a try. We try everyday to offer the best service available in town with a great rate. Hearing that my staff took care of all your needs is what we strive for. I hope that going forward that our hotel is your first choice from now on. Thank you for sharing your stay with us and spreading the word on what a platinum award winning choice hotel can offer. See you again soon I hope.