“Worst Hotel and Staff”

Clarion Suites
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“Worst Hotel and Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

During my stay here I left my ring inside the room and it was gone after the maids left. When I talked to the manager about it he was very unreasonable and unhelpful. Not only did he stand behind his housekeeping 100% even after their stories kept changing and they admitted to not fully cleaning the room that day. They don't have safes in the room or any way to protect your stuff. Just be safe with your stuff if you stay there. We also heard many comments on the odor of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I empathize with you and your lost ring. The hotel does offer safe deposit boxes at no charge if needed. My team knows that I will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law for any theft of a guests property. I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves and wish a speedy recovery for your lost ring.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel. The Beds were very comfortable, I loved them. I usually don't sleep well in hotels, but I did both nights I stayed there. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. We were not able to take advantage of the pool or breakfast since we were only their long enought to sleep and shower, but both look great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I love to hear that you got a great night sleep with our comfortable beds as that is the most important aspect when staying at a hotel. Please come back soon and stay with us again so you can take advantage of our full hot breakfast and refreshing pool. See you soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed one night at the Clarion Suites and were very pleased with our accommodations. Upon check-in the hotel staff was extremely friendly! Since we were traveling with our pet, they also provided us with an envelope containing several little dog biscuits and a letter addressed to our "furry friend" with instructions on where we could exercise our dog! Our room was clean and the grounds were pleasing. There was ample parking just outside our room which made it convenient for carrying in luggage, etc. The room was quiet in spite of the fact that it was near the highway. We did not use the hotel pool or spa, but the areas looked clean and there were families with small children enjoying the facilities. We walked across the parking lot to the Black Bear Diner for dinner which features a "home cooked" menu. We found a USA Today paper at our front door the following morning and enjoyed reading that with our breakfast. Breakfast consisted of a hot egg scramble with sausage, yogurt, various breads, waffle maker, juice and coffee. We would definitely stay here again when in St. George.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. The clarion suites staff appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again very soon. Please note that if you need a pet room (dog) in the future to call the hotel directly to check availability as I have a limited amount of pet friendly rooms and they have to be booked directly with the hotel. Safe travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The motel I usually stay in while visiting St.George was booked for the weekend. I searched for another and saw good ratings for this motel so decided to give it a try, and I'm glad i did! The room was as good as some 4-star Hotel rooms I've stayed in. Clean, quiet, room with all the amenities. The staff was kind to point out good restaurant choices in the area, and alerted me as soon as a package was delivered to the front counter for me. The housekeeping staff was friendly as well as the breakfast personnel who gave us some ideas of things to see locally that most tourists miss. Great Motel, Great Price, Great Service -- what more could one ask for? I would definitely stay here again and invite others to do so as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Computerizing
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We at the Clarion Suites are happy that your usual hotel was not available and you gave us a try. We try everyday to offer the best service available in town with a great rate. Hearing that my staff took care of all your needs is what we strive for. I hope that going forward that our hotel is your first choice from now on. Thank you for sharing your stay with us and spreading the word on what a platinum award winning choice hotel can offer. See you again soon I hope.
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The room was clean and large. It was nice to have a couch to relax on after a long day of sightseeing. The hotel is very easy to find and has a nice diner in the adjoining parking lot (Black Bear Diner). The staff at the front desk was very helpful and able to give directions to places I was interested in visiting while in St. George. My room was right near the pool and noise was not an issue, even though there were several families using the pool at most times. This hotel was very nice and the price was great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We really like having a great restaurant like the Black Bear Diner in our parking lot as it makes for an easy dinner option when you just dont want to get in the car again. I am happy that you feel our hotel is a great value as we strive to offer a great rate and compliment it with exceptional service. The clarion suites staff looks forward to your return to St. George soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Rooms very clean and lots of room. My son loved the couch area. Breakfast was good, seating kind of tight. Breakfast ladies real nice, even had a high chair when we asked. We didn't use the pool, but was very clean looking. This is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Comments like yours are what we strive for. I hope you will return soon and take advantage of the pool next time. Safe travels!
Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This motel is just off I-15 at the south end of St George. The buildings essentially face south over a reasonable kidney-shaped outdoor pool. We had a king suite which cost us with AAA discount around $70 per night. I can't fault it - the room was very clean and comfortable, especially the bed, and there was no issue with noise at all. The bathroom was very well-lit with plenty of surface space. There's a new LCD TV and the wireless was very fast and reliable. If you don't have a laptop then the lobby guest computers are fine: very fast connection. Breakfast is in one of two large rooms and there's a choice of hot and cold. The motel is also close to various restaurants. I suppose that some people might find getting upstairs to the second floor difficult, so that's a point to bear in mind. We have stayed in the adjacent Quality Inn which is almost the same price but frankly not as good as this place. We'd definitely stay again.
The motel is very well located for exploring Kolob Canyons NP and Zion NP and if you don't mind a longer drive Bryce Canyon NP and Cedar Breaks NP too. Conversely, if you're en route to Vegas or SLC it's handy stop-off point. St George has plenty to do and see and the bone-dry climate makes it a very invigorating and restful place to be.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room if you don't mind the stairs: there's even less noise and if you face s...