“Great hotel for a great price!”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel for a great price!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Drove in from Las Vegas and stopped in St. George for the night (2 hour drive) before heading to Zion National Park in the morning (about 45 min away). Very happy with this decision, as St. George offered plenty of options to pick up food or things you might have forgotten before you head out to the national parks, and the drive to Zion in the morning was beautiful.

The outside of the hotel doesn't do it justice! The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the towels seemed new-ish (not huge and fluffy but much better than expected!), and the included continental breakfast had a huge and well-stocked assortment of hot and cold items include make-your-own waffles. We had a 2nd/top floor room overlooking the pool, which looked nice but wasn't used during our short stay. With a convenient location and great amenities, it was a great value.

• Stayed May 2012
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I agree that St. George has alot to offer and hope that you will consider a trip to St. George again very soon. Thank you again for choosing the Clarion Suites and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
El Paso, TX
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Very nice hotel at a great price. Rooms clean and stylish, beds comfortable. Friendly staff (we were "re-welcomed" to the room by front desk staff). Very nice grounds & great continental breakfast. 2 computers with internet & printer for guest use in lobby. Only negatives are that we had a hard time getting the door open with the key card & a strange smell emitted from the A/C unit (musty smell or chemical-ish smell).

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room on the back side of the hotel, farthest from the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Platinum Clarion Suites on your recent stay in St. George Utah. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk about your recent stay. I hope you will come visit again soon and stay with us. Safe travels!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here in April. My mom stayed in a room with a king bed by the pool. I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. Both of the rooms had hide away couches so we could have gotten two more people in each room. We didn't need this, but it could be helpful for those with more people.

My mom's room had a jetted tub. It was kind of cold to be out swimming in the pool, so a couple of evenings my kids spent swimming in her "pool".

The rooms would clean and nice. The staff was very helpful. I forgot to bring all of my bath and body stuff and also had to do some laundry when we arrived because my youngest had been car sick. I had to ask for the free toothbrush, toothpaste, etc and then ask for change and where to do the laundry. I was tired of all my questions, but they never were. They were very helpful and understanding.

The breakfast was very nice. There weren't really healthy options, but my kids loved it. Waffles with strawberry syrup, whipped topping, and sprinkles. And a lot of other choices as well. Egg mcmuffins one morning. Eggs with cheese the next. And there were the standards also. Yogurt. Cereal bar. Orange juice. Coffee. A lot of choices.

I had brought my own food for breakfast. 8 grain cereal. It was not a problem to make every morning because there is a microwave in the room. So I would make myself a quick bowl, after the kids had eaten.

The room also has a coffee maker and fridge. I always love a room with a microwave and fridge. I would stay here again.

The walls must have been a little thin, because one of the nights, I did hear a baby crying and it wasn't mine. It was very faint though and I do have mommy brain and wake up for that sort of thing. It probably wouldn't bother you if you aren't a light sleeper.

This hotel is right off the freeway, which makes is very easy to access.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing the Platinum Clarion Suites for your recent visit to St. George, Utah. taking the time to fill out a review on your stay is much appreciated and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit soon. Safe Travels!
az
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The front desk was very helpful We asked for a room close to the pool and breakfast area and it was no problem. Our check-in was fast and the breakfast served included many items not usually found at a hotel breakfast and included hot eggs and sausage. We have stayed here 2 times this past week and both times the rooms and pool area were very clean and the staff very polite. This hotel is right off of the I-15 so easy access and parking also. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gmcomfortsuites, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Iam very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the platinum clarion suites of St. George, Utah. The staff and I really appreciate your continued support of our facility and look forward to many more visits with us. Safe travels.
Franconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Service friendly, great expanded continental breakfast, quiet and nice pool

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and your kind words. The platinum clarion suites will always try to exceed our customers expectations. Please come and visit again soon. Safe travels
rancho palos verdes, ca
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The room seemed small for a "suite" even though we had an upgrade to a room with a couch. The A/C is thermostat controlled and worked very well. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom compact but attractive. Nice touches like glasses made of glass, fluffy towels and a flat panel TV. The breakfast was good, make it yourself waffles, what I believe were microwave "omelets" and sausage patties, fresh and cut up fruit. yoghurt, breakfast breads etc. One complaint was that we had a room with 2 queen beds. There was only one night stand in between them and only poor lighting for the far sides of the beds if you wanted to read. Also there were no table top charging sockets. We could hear people in the adjacent rooms speaking. The staff was very nice and parking was right outside our door.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. The platinum clarion suites is always looking to make your stay more enjoyable and we appreciate your candid comments. Please try us again so we can WOW you.
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Spacious room, clean, nice pool and hot spa. Friendly reception staff, good breakfast. Within an easy drive of Zion National Park. Only negative was that we couldn't leave a window open at night since it faced the exterior passageway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
gmdon, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Platinum Clarion Suites in St. George Utah and for taking the time to write a comment on your recent stay. I hope you will stay with us again soon when visiting all that Southern Utah has to offer. Safe travels!